I love my 866B, not only is it comfortable to boot in my dainty ears ;) but it had a nice sound to it despite the somewhat bloated bass. On a budget, I think its a real winner of a set and my bud of choice currently for the on the go needs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 238post #3556 of 168367/17/11 at 9:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3557 of 168367/17/11 at 9:53am@Inks
Thanks, I had to think for a bit as to why I asked, beside it being a logical question: I'm trying to find my gf an upgrade to the nuforce ne-6m that she loves and i think the DDM would have fit issues for her. She likes my GR07's but would prefer a slightly more rumble in the bass. After you described them, I kind of want them now haha. You have any hunches about them dropping in price internationally any time soon?post #3558 of 168367/17/11 at 4:25pm
Quote:I'm not a huge fan of the DT770/250 to be honest and I've never heard the D4 but depending on your balance preferences I'd look at the Fischer DBA-02, HiFiMan RE252, VSonic GR07, and Sony EX600. If you don't need isolation the Yuin OK1 may be worth a look as well.
Thank you for the recommendations!post #3559 of 168367/17/11 at 11:51pmThread Starterpost #3560 of 168367/18/11 at 5:33ampost #3561 of 168367/18/11 at 10:54ampost #3562 of 168367/18/11 at 11:36amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by kiteki
"The 7550s are possibly the most truly neutral IEMs I've heard, more so than the W4s & EX1000s, or at least they have a more convincing, realistic neutrality."
"-- Mids -- FANTASTIC! - I frankly did not expect them to be just this good. Just the right balance and proper real presence, not (overly) forward and/or thick, nor slightly recessed - just bloody PERFECT!!"
There was another post where I said: "Either the mids may be ever so slightly recessed on the EX1000s or the 7550s mid-range (except upper mids) is ever so slightly forward". All my comments quoted above came from my impressions without doing a direct comparison between the EX1000 & 7550 (a couple of times I did say "from memory" as my EX1000s were away for nearly 3 weeks).
What I meant then was that I found the mids to be even more neutral than the EX1000's mids. When I said "not (overly) forward and/or thick, nor slightly recessed" I meant they're the most neutral/flat/accurate mids I've heard - I do NOT think they're forward. "Overly" is in brackets because since the 7550s are meant for stage use, I thought they might turn out to have more forward mids a la ES3X, but they actually didn't.
Today I got my EX1000s back and confirmed my comments re the 7550's mids, but found the EX1000's mids (which I already liked A LOT) to be even closer to the 7550's than I first thought, but the latter still had the edge by a VERY small margin in the mid-range.
Having said that, the EX1000 is the best IEM I've heard to date - the 7550 is a close second.
Edited by music_4321 - 7/18/11 at 11:49ampost #3563 of 168367/18/11 at 12:46pmpost #3564 of 168367/18/11 at 1:07pmpost #3565 of 168367/18/11 at 2:21pmThread Starter
The ability of the earphone itself to 'disappear', so to speak, and provide as realistic a listening experience as possible. It hinges on clarity, detail, resolution, texture, etc. 'Veiled' sound would be the exact opposite.post #3566 of 168367/18/11 at 3:01pmpost #3567 of 168367/18/11 at 3:14pm
Been thinking about upgrading my Eterna v1 and have pretty much decided on RE262 or VSonic GR07. From sound signature perspective I can't really say which one I'd like more so it comes down to comfort. One of the biggest gripes with the Eternas for me is that they are too bulky to sleep with. Is either of those small enough/have the shape so that they don't become uncomfortable when having the ear against the pillow? Other suggestions are welcome too.post #3568 of 168367/18/11 at 4:28pmpost #3569 of 168367/18/11 at 9:50pmThread StarterQuote:
"lively" is often used to refer to a v-shaped response curve these days and the OK1 really doesn't have that.Quote:Originally Posted by Caze
Been thinking about upgrading my Eterna v1 and have pretty much decided on RE262 or VSonic GR07. From sound signature perspective I can't really say which one I'd like more so it comes down to comfort. One of the biggest gripes with the Eternas for me is that they are too bulky to sleep with. Is either of those small enough/have the shape so that they don't become uncomfortable when having the ear against the pillow? Other suggestions are welcome too.
I can lie down in the GR07 just fine - it's definitely slimmer than the Eterna and the swivel nozzle helps. The RE262 - not so much.post #3570 of 168367/18/11 at 10:56pmQuote:
sorry. but as being "transparent" i thought the music sounds as in "live". it's a bit confusing
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 7 seconds ago
- › Westone W40 vs Shure se846 or Sennheiser IE800? 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a beginner audiophile headphone (under 200) 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio streaming vs. audio CDs? 4 minutes ago
- › Earphones: 16 Ohm v/s 32 ohm... Any difference? 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear