I love my 866B, not only is it comfortable to boot in my dainty ears ;) but it had a nice sound to it despite the somewhat bloated bass. On a budget, I think its a real winner of a set and my bud of choice currently for the on the go needs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 238post #3556 of 168387/17/11 at 9:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3557 of 168387/17/11 at 9:53am@Inks
Thanks, I had to think for a bit as to why I asked, beside it being a logical question: I'm trying to find my gf an upgrade to the nuforce ne-6m that she loves and i think the DDM would have fit issues for her. She likes my GR07's but would prefer a slightly more rumble in the bass. After you described them, I kind of want them now haha. You have any hunches about them dropping in price internationally any time soon?post #3558 of 168387/17/11 at 4:25pm
Quote:I'm not a huge fan of the DT770/250 to be honest and I've never heard the D4 but depending on your balance preferences I'd look at the Fischer DBA-02, HiFiMan RE252, VSonic GR07, and Sony EX600. If you don't need isolation the Yuin OK1 may be worth a look as well.
Thank you for the recommendations!post #3559 of 168387/17/11 at 11:51pmThread Starterpost #3560 of 168387/18/11 at 5:33ampost #3561 of 168387/18/11 at 10:54ampost #3562 of 168387/18/11 at 11:36amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by kiteki
"The 7550s are possibly the most truly neutral IEMs I've heard, more so than the W4s & EX1000s, or at least they have a more convincing, realistic neutrality."
"-- Mids -- FANTASTIC! - I frankly did not expect them to be just this good. Just the right balance and proper real presence, not (overly) forward and/or thick, nor slightly recessed - just bloody PERFECT!!"
There was another post where I said: "Either the mids may be ever so slightly recessed on the EX1000s or the 7550s mid-range (except upper mids) is ever so slightly forward". All my comments quoted above came from my impressions without doing a direct comparison between the EX1000 & 7550 (a couple of times I did say "from memory" as my EX1000s were away for nearly 3 weeks).
What I meant then was that I found the mids to be even more neutral than the EX1000's mids. When I said "not (overly) forward and/or thick, nor slightly recessed" I meant they're the most neutral/flat/accurate mids I've heard - I do NOT think they're forward. "Overly" is in brackets because since the 7550s are meant for stage use, I thought they might turn out to have more forward mids a la ES3X, but they actually didn't.
Today I got my EX1000s back and confirmed my comments re the 7550's mids, but found the EX1000's mids (which I already liked A LOT) to be even closer to the 7550's than I first thought, but the latter still had the edge by a VERY small margin in the mid-range.
Having said that, the EX1000 is the best IEM I've heard to date - the 7550 is a close second.
Edited by music_4321 - 7/18/11 at 11:49ampost #3563 of 168387/18/11 at 12:46pmpost #3564 of 168387/18/11 at 1:07pmpost #3565 of 168387/18/11 at 2:21pmThread Starter
The ability of the earphone itself to 'disappear', so to speak, and provide as realistic a listening experience as possible. It hinges on clarity, detail, resolution, texture, etc. 'Veiled' sound would be the exact opposite.post #3566 of 168387/18/11 at 3:01pmpost #3567 of 168387/18/11 at 3:14pm
Been thinking about upgrading my Eterna v1 and have pretty much decided on RE262 or VSonic GR07. From sound signature perspective I can't really say which one I'd like more so it comes down to comfort. One of the biggest gripes with the Eternas for me is that they are too bulky to sleep with. Is either of those small enough/have the shape so that they don't become uncomfortable when having the ear against the pillow? Other suggestions are welcome too.post #3568 of 168387/18/11 at 4:28pmpost #3569 of 168387/18/11 at 9:50pmThread StarterQuote:
"lively" is often used to refer to a v-shaped response curve these days and the OK1 really doesn't have that.Quote:Originally Posted by Caze
Been thinking about upgrading my Eterna v1 and have pretty much decided on RE262 or VSonic GR07. From sound signature perspective I can't really say which one I'd like more so it comes down to comfort. One of the biggest gripes with the Eternas for me is that they are too bulky to sleep with. Is either of those small enough/have the shape so that they don't become uncomfortable when having the ear against the pillow? Other suggestions are welcome too.
I can lie down in the GR07 just fine - it's definitely slimmer than the Eterna and the swivel nozzle helps. The RE262 - not so much.post #3570 of 168387/18/11 at 10:56pmQuote:
sorry. but as being "transparent" i thought the music sounds as in "live". it's a bit confusing
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 23 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › History of the AKG K1000? 2 minutes ago
- › To Fazor or Not To Fazor? 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 Impressions Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E10 vs E50 vs E80 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › help with ID-ing Sennheiser headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear