or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 237

post #3541 of 16803

Joker will eventually get a chance to listen to my EX600, FXT90 and FX500. His backlog is pretty big at the time though so I'll give it some time since I'm keeping these. 

post #3542 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-phect View Post

I really am caring less about sound, I just need an iem that I don't have to fuss with. Something I can stick in and go. No pulling my ear, jamming it in my head,ect. I'm sick of this seal CRAP


what are you using now? have you tried the ety's?

 

post #3543 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Joker will eventually get a chance to listen to my EX600, FXT90 and FX500. His backlog is pretty big at the time though so I'll give it some time since I'm keeping these. 


HA-FXT90 too? Nice.
 

 

post #3544 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Joker will eventually get a chance to listen to my EX600, FXT90 and FX500. His backlog is pretty big at the time though so I'll give it some time since I'm keeping these. 

Have you had an opportunity to compare the FXT90's to the DDM's, seeing a they are comparable in price internationally?
post #3545 of 16803

I wonder how the Sansa Fuze+CC51+Fiio E11 combo is?

 

Yes, I'm planning to purchase the E11.

post #3546 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

what are you using now? have you tried the ety's?


Well, if you don't get a deep seal w/ the ER4 you bass will go missing for the most part.  Plus those Ety tri-flanges tickle and itch after more than 10-15 minutes for me.  Ety foams are also tedious to deal with.

 

Anything w/ Klipsch gels are easiest and 'bestest' for my ears.  tongue_smile.gif  Followed by Meelec silicones.

 

post #3547 of 16803

lJokerl,

  Thank you for putting together this fantastic resource, I come back to it over and over.  I normally use headphones, but would like to get a pair of IEMs for air travel.  

 

  I use the DT770 250ohms (non-pro) most of the time, great headphone, but bulky.  Can you recommend an IEM to pair with the iBasso D4 with the topkit?  I am looking in the $100-$200 range, I enjoy an accurate midrange, large sound stage and and transparency.

 

Thank you!

 

 

post #3548 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post




Well, if you don't get a deep seal w/ the ER4 you bass will go missing for the most part.  Plus those Ety tri-flanges tickle and itch after more than 10-15 minutes for me.  Ety foams are also tedious to deal with.

 

Anything w/ Klipsch gels are easiest and 'bestest' for my ears.  tongue_smile.gif  Followed by Meelec silicones.

 

do you know if all the klipsch gels are oval shape and if are sold alone?
 

 

post #3549 of 16803
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Have you had an opportunity to compare the FXT90's to the DDM's, seeing a they are comparable in price internationally?

  I'll probably get more into this soon but here's what I can give so far. The FXT90s are actually more balanced, the treble is more prominent than the two DDMs and actually manages to keep a smooth character. While it doesn't have the depth of bass of the two DDMs, the FXT90s are faster and the midbass/lower mid warmth isn't as prominent as with the DDMs. Mids are probably about the same in presentation but the FXT90s are clearer and have a unique kind of thickness. DDMs have more stage depth and width but the FXT90s layers each instrument more precisely and offer outstanding imaging for a dynamic. The FXT90s sound a lot more coherent to me, there is no grain which I can't say for the DDM and the timbre is quite realistic while carrying a good tonal balance that leans toward the warm side of things without sounding subdued. These are actually very balanced despite leaning to a warmer sound, the EQ7 in comparison actually sound warmer and yet harsher while also lacking the treble sparkle of the JVCs.

 


Edited by Inks - 7/16/11 at 11:47am
post #3550 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post




Well, if you don't get a deep seal w/ the ER4 you bass will go missing for the most part.  Plus those Ety tri-flanges tickle and itch after more than 10-15 minutes for me.  Ety foams are also tedious to deal with.

 

Anything w/ Klipsch gels are easiest and 'bestest' for my ears.  tongue_smile.gif  Followed by Meelec silicones.

 


I found the triflanges became more comfortable after 2 or 3 weeks.

 

post #3551 of 16803
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musedesign View Post

  I use the DT770 250ohms (non-pro) most of the time, great headphone, but bulky.  Can you recommend an IEM to pair with the iBasso D4 with the topkit?  I am looking in the $100-$200 range, I enjoy an accurate midrange, large sound stage and and transparency.



I'm not a huge fan of the DT770/250 to be honest and I've never heard the D4 but depending on your balance preferences I'd look at the Fischer DBA-02, HiFiMan RE252, VSonic GR07, and Sony EX600. If you don't need isolation the Yuin OK1 may be worth a look as well.

post #3552 of 16803

So the Yuin OK1 is still a contender for the highest transparency and nakedness in an IEM?

 

P.S. music_4321 seems to think the Sony MDR-7550 has the most accurate midrange of the new Sony trio, I realise it's above the budget of user musedesign, just putting it out there.

post #3553 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

P.S. music_4321 seems to think the Sony MDR-7550 has the most accurate midrange of the new Sony trio, I realise it's above the budget of user musedesign, just putting it out there.


Did he say accurate?  I thought it was best and preferred qualifying that he liked it a bit forward?

 

post #3554 of 16803

He wrote:

 

"The 7550s are possibly the most truly neutral IEMs I've heard, more so than the W4s & EX1000s, or at least they have a more convincing, realistic neutrality."

"-- Mids -- FANTASTIC! - I frankly did not expect them to be just this good. Just the right balance and proper real presence, not (overly) forward and/or thick, nor slightly recessed - just bloody PERFECT!!"

 

Sonove:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsonove.angry.jp%2Fsony_MDR_EX800ST.html

post #3555 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

"-- Mids -- FANTASTIC! - I frankly did not expect them to be just this good. Just the right balance and proper real presence, not (overly) forward and/or thick, nor slightly recessed - just bloody PERFECT!!"


See bolded.  =)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)