or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 232

post #3466 of 16802

ljokerl.. which one of beyer dtx 101ie, ne-700m, or brainwavz m3 have the best bass extension?? (ie. good subbass presence?)

and which one do you think is the best for low listening levels??

 

thanks

post #3467 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashinyforehead View Post




Why do you say the Ety HF5s would be mildly shocking?  I enjoy the sound & bass level of the Klipsch S4 my father has, but I do not wish to purchase those.  I want a better earphone.  Do you enjoy the sound of the HF5s?  & How do you test earphones since most of these aren't in stores on display?

 

     

      If you like more bass than the other range of the frequency, then the HF5 is definitely not for you. I recommend you looking at CC51 or the Eterna. The Tours and the HF5 are in different leagues. The Tours is probably warmer and stuffy, while the HF5 is Cold, Bright and open. So Cold and Bright means that you shouldn't expect much "bass" from it, because it'll focus more on the midrange and treble.
 

 


Edited by Niyologist - 7/7/11 at 5:17am
post #3468 of 16802
Would be interested in seeing a review on the new Jamo wEAR in30/40, they appear to be rebranded Klipsch S4i's however it's still up in the air with nothing definitive.
post #3469 of 16802
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashinyforehead View Post

Why do you say the Ety HF5s would be mildly shocking?  I enjoy the sound & bass level of the Klipsch S4 my father has, but I do not wish to purchase those.  I want a better earphone.  Do you enjoy the sound of the HF5s?  & How do you test earphones since most of these aren't in stores on display?


The bass level of the S4 is way closer to the beats tour than it is to the HF5, which is why I think the HF5 will not suit you well. You'll probably be happier with something like the DTX 101. 

 

I do not test earphones in stores. An evaluation typically runs 2-3 weeks so that would be quite impractical. I would say around 40% of these I buy and test, another 30% (mostly higher-end ones) are loaned out by fellow head-fi members, and the final 30% are review samples from manufacturers/distributors. 



Quote:
Originally Posted by redwarrior191 View Post

ljokerl.. which one of beyer dtx 101ie, ne-700m, or brainwavz m3 have the best bass extension?? (ie. good subbass presence?)

and which one do you think is the best for low listening levels??

 

thanks


They all have good extension... the DTX 101 ie and NE-700M just happen too have a lot more overall bass quantity than the M3. I think the DTX 101 edges out the NE-700M slightly in sub-bass presence. I prefer a balanced signature for lower listening levels but if you want prominent sub-bass I'd give a slight edge to the Beyers.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovex View Post

Would be interested in seeing a review on the new Jamo wEAR in30/40, they appear to be rebranded Klipsch S4i's however it's still up in the air with nothing definitive.


I think the Jamo brand is owned by Klipsch so that would be a very reasonable guess. Plus for the in20/in20m they didn't even bother modifying the housings to look different than the Klipsch S2/S2m. I doubt they'll send me a review sample after seeing the rest of my Klipsch reviews - probably  better off sticking with mainstream review sites. Also, I will find it absolutely awesome if the in40 gets lower scores than the S4 from sites like cnet just because it doesn't have the Klipsch name on it.

 

post #3470 of 16802

thanks ljokerl, so what would you reccomend for low volume listening?? under $100 if possible..

post #3471 of 16802

eartips question:

how do you compare the sony hybrids (clone, fakes) with the meelec bi-flange for m6/a151, in isolation and comfort ?

thanks

post #3472 of 16802

Looks like the Atrio m5 you reviewed was the old version (which was very good in itself).  With the new MG7 driver they are much improved imo.

 

Not sure how you keep up with all these IEM's lol, nice work man.

post #3473 of 16802

Cool! thx for the review on the e30. You dont seem  as enthusiastic as clieos but the reviews agree in almost every aspect. I dont know why but i have a crash on the e30. Maybe because i was very happy with the pl30 and the e30 looks like a stronger brother!

post #3474 of 16802

I'm thinking of getting the RE-Zero, RE0, or the Xcape. I mostly listen to Indie Rock, Indie Folk, and stuff from 60's and 70's (Folk Rock, Psychedelic, and Baroque Pop mainly). I also listen to Hip-Hop/Rap, and Shoegaze/Dream Pop occasionally. I was set on getting the RE-Zero since they are made for being listened to without an amp. However, after hearing about the adapter I'm not so sure. Which one of these would be the best if I'm not using an amp (I will use iPod Classic and my computer)? Also if you have any other suggestions for IEMs under $100 with good all around SQ I would be open to them to. As always thanks for helping.


Edited by Stuie299 - 7/7/11 at 10:02am
post #3475 of 16802
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwarrior191 View Post

thanks ljokerl, so what would you reccomend for low volume listening?? under $100 if possible..


HF5 can be found for $95 apparently... great low volume IEMs if you like analytical sound. For bassier ones, maybe the Hippo VB. Not that the DTX101 is bad at low volumes - it is actually not as overwhelmingly bassy as when the volume is cranked up.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

eartips question:

how do you compare the sony hybrids (clone, fakes) with the meelec bi-flange for m6/a151, in isolation and comfort ?

thanks

 

I am not a huge fan of the fit of the MEElec bi-flange. It's thicker and less flexible than the hybrid. Small isolation sacrifice with the Sonys for more comfort.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelopsaro View Post

Cool! thx for the review on the e30. You dont seem  as enthusiastic as clieos but the reviews agree in almost every aspect. I dont know why but i have a crash on the e30. Maybe because i was very happy with the pl30 and the e30 looks like a stronger brother!


I really do like the E30. In terms of performance, it's everything I wanted from a PL30 replacement and it's priced right at $40. It may not be head and shoulders above everything in its price bracket but it's pretty close to the top. The sound signature and PL30 heritage should make it pretty popular in the long run. 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuie299 View Post

I'm thinking of getting the RE-Zero, RE0, or the Xcape. I mostly listen to Indie Rock, Indie Folk, and stuff from 60's and 70's (Folk Rock, Psychedelic, and Baroque Pop mainly). I also listen to Hip-Hop/Rap, and Shoegaze/Dream Pop occasionally. I was set on getting the RE-Zero since they are made for being listened to without an amp. However, after hearing about the adapter I'm not so sure. Which one of these would be the best if I'm not using an amp (I will use iPod Classic and my computer)? Also if you have any other suggestions for IEMs under $100 with good all around SQ I would be open to them to. As always thanks for helping.

 

I would double-check with head-direct regarding the adapter. They seem to be changing things around lately. The Xcape v1 is no longer available as far as I know, but the new Xcape IE model is quite good, if different in signature. I reviewed it here. It requires more power than the old Xcape and the RE-ZERO but should be driven sufficiently by most portable players. Other good, reasonably well-balanced all-rounders in the price range include the Brainwavz M3, MEElec CC51, and Fischer Silver Bullet.

post #3476 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

I think the Jamo brand is owned by Klipsch so that would be a very reasonable guess. Plus for the in20/in20m they didn't even bother modifying the housings to look different than the Klipsch S2/S2m. I doubt they'll send me a review sample after seeing the rest of my Klipsch reviews - probably  better off sticking with mainstream review sites. Also, I will find it absolutely awesome if the in40 gets lower scores than the S4 from sites like cnet just because it doesn't have the Klipsch name on it.

 


Speaking of the S2 and in20m, have a look at this:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/klipsch-image-s2

http://www.whathifi.com/review/jamo-wear-in20m

Conflicting to say the least, perhaps the Jamo brand name had something to do with this. Personally I assume they're exacty the same just a different paint job.
post #3477 of 16802

Hey Joker,

Sorry to ask as I'm sure you get heaps of questions about them, but I'm just wanting to know what the low end is like on the Miracles. Trying to decide if I want to order a set of JH16's as well to compare to the Miracles(haven't arrived yet). Do you find that the Miracles are a very bright and sparkly custom or more well rounded? I'm not a bass head, but I do like a good low end. Like my TF10's but with a more analytical signature in respect to the mids and highs.

post #3478 of 16802

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Q View Post

I got my CK10 today. I was skeptical of the score you gave it, and now I now why you like it so much.  It's simply amazing, it's not like any IEMs I've heard of.  I also agree with the score you gave for 1964-Ts which I have also.  Great customs.

 

Nice to hear you like it and it went to a good home.

 

__________________________________

 

I demo'ed the Shure SE425 while in transit at Singapore airport, and now I'm sure the SE535 I demo'ed at Jaben was fake, along with a couple other IEM's they had on demo.

 

I didn't even achieve a good seal, and I think it has the best imaging I've heard in an IEM so far, exceeding the ck10, very good soundstage, sturdy, cool design and a beckoning, desireful sound, in the end too dark to attract my interest though, and a bit lacking in tonality and cleanness.  Note: used Teclast T51 as a source and only listened for 5-10 minutes, A/B'd with MDR-EX700, listened mostly to electronic music, take my thoughts with some salt, seemed like a very good IEM though.

 

 


Edited by kiteki - 7/7/11 at 7:08pm
post #3479 of 16802
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovex View Post

Speaking of the S2 and in20m, have a look at this:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/klipsch-image-s2

http://www.whathifi.com/review/jamo-wear-in20m

Conflicting to say the least, perhaps the Jamo brand name had something to do with this. Personally I assume they're exacty the same just a different paint job.


I would guess the reviews were done by different reviewers - one who has tried a lot of higher-end products and one who has not. Perspective is key.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesi7 View Post

Hey Joker,

Sorry to ask as I'm sure you get heaps of questions about them, but I'm just wanting to know what the low end is like on the Miracles. Trying to decide if I want to order a set of JH16's as well to compare to the Miracles(haven't arrived yet). Do you find that the Miracles are a very bright and sparkly custom or more well rounded? I'm not a bass head, but I do like a good low end. Like my TF10's but with a more analytical signature in respect to the mids and highs.


The miracles are sparkly but I wouldn't call them bright. I think they are very well-balanced. The bass extends all the way down without flinching but doesn't have any mid-bass boost. I think impact is plentiful and the notes are very well-fleshed out. They are actually more akin to what a quick dynamic driver (such as the GR07 or EX1000) is capable of, but again without the added boost that comes from a mid-bass hump. Either way I doubt you will miss your TF10 with the Miracles. 

 

post #3480 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post


The miracles are sparkly but I wouldn't call them bright. I think they are very well-balanced. The bass extends all the way down without flinching but doesn't have any mid-bass boost. I think impact is plentiful and the notes are very well-fleshed out. They are actually more akin to what a quick dynamic driver (such as the GR07 or EX1000) is capable of, but again without the added boost that comes from a mid-bass hump. Either way I doubt you will miss your TF10 with the Miracles. 

 


Thanks a million for getting back to me so quickly Joker, really appreciate it.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)