or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 202

post #3016 of 16803

an they
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

@ib1dance, the e-Q5 are less than ideal for running, I'd look into the GR10 or FI-BA-A1 instead. Very similar sound signature and much more secure over-ear fit.


The GR10;s and FI-BA-A1's are getting my interest, especially if they are sonically close to the CK10's, though with a more forward bass .But, only producing that Boom or sub bass if it's in the original recording .

 

Seeking anybody's opinion,anybody whom owns the GR10's or and the FI-BA-A1's  and listens regularly to  Progressive House,prog trance,tribal etc.Can they provide the attack ,the kick of the drum? and the presence and depth of the bass?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Ib1dance, you should try the fx500s...

I've read a few reviews stating that they are to coin someone Else's phrase "bass monsters" . I don't want any added colour to the bass . I don't want the I.E.M 's to give me a 'in a club' type sub bass .
 

 

post #3017 of 16803

They're not bass monster per say. They're not so big in the bass that it bleeds into the midrange, the mids actually stay quite clear and clean reminding me of BAs in this aspect. They make the HJE900s/MTPC seem a bit thick in comparison, in which themselves are somewhat controlled in the bass. The mids are laid back though, so that's something to consider. 


Edited by Inks - 5/18/11 at 4:52pm
post #3018 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

They're not bass monster per say. They're not so big in the bass that it bleeds into the midrange, the mids actually stay quite clear and clean reminding me of BAs in this aspect. They make the HJE900s/MTPC seem a bit thick in comparison, in which themselves are somewhat controlled in the bass. The mids are laid back though, so that's something to consider. 



sound like a nice I.E.M . what about the High Freq .is it fast enough ?

post #3019 of 16803
It's fast for a dynamic, I don't think these could be called slow at all.
post #3020 of 16803
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelopsaro View Post

I see you are talking about the black filters so i guess that greens have even less bass. Thats not actually a problem. Well there is no problem. Just trying to figure out other sound signatures. Maybe the more smoothness of the Pfe will be something i will like.

 

Anyway 6mm is not that big afterall. It must be close to the brainwavz i guess


I would guess the green filters have more bass since the PFEs are called 'Perfect Bass' when sold with the green filters.



Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post


Thank you. I need a new pair of workout IEM so a new search starts. Out of all the models you have tested do you have a recommendations(I think you may have the record for most headphones reviewed)? The CX30-II worked alright in this respect but on some songs  dare I say I found it to be a bit bright and fatiguing, which isn't a good thing when working out. I would prefer the same SQ as the CX300 but with bit more balance, & instrument separation/sound stage.


Not sure how much you're looking to spend but the Brainwavz earphones are generally pretty non-fatiguing. The Phiaton PS20 also, though it can't be worn over-the-ear without swapping channels.

 

post #3021 of 16803


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellDemon View Post

I use Shure's SE425 as my gym-phone. The fit is great (if you got the ears for it) and you won't have to worry about it fall off during a run (unlike the CX300). Considering the price though, maybe you should consider the SE215 instead? Those seems to be the FOTM at the moment.
 

 

Thank you I will check that out. 
 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Not sure how much you're looking to spend but the Brainwavz earphones are generally pretty non-fatiguing. The Phiaton PS20 also, though it can't be worn over-the-ear without swapping channels.

 


I want to spend around $40 maybe $50. I will check those out also(if they are within budget maybe see if the local shop has them to try on). Thanks

post #3022 of 16803

Anyone knows if iems with mic have any effects on sound? I think some have issues, but meelectronics' series are trouble free?

I am asking to know so i chose the "m what" offer with mic or not which is back by popular demand! wow!cool.gif

 

post #3023 of 16803
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelopsaro View Post

Anyone knows if iems with mic have any effects on sound? I think some have issues, but meelectronics' series are trouble free?

I am asking to know so i chose the "m what" offer with mic or not which is back by popular demand! wow!cool.gif


I don't really use headset mics since none of them are very good but the below post (from an M6 thread a few days ago) is something I wholeheartedly agree with:


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

Anytime you're adding another piece of hardware (the mic/remote), you're going to be more prone to something failing on the headphones.  The sound is exactly the same, but you're just getting more functionality with the added downside of another part to break.  So it's all about choosing what is most important to you.

 

 

Good deal by the way. From the photo looks like you're getting a CX21, CW31, M31, SP51, or CC51 for $20. 

post #3024 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 


I don't really use headset mics since none of them are very good but the below post (from an M6 thread a few days ago) is something I wholeheartedly agree with:


 

 

 

Good deal by the way. From the photo looks like you're getting a CX21, CW31, M31, SP51, or CC51 for $20. 

Yeah his right! but if its something to break that would be the mic and not the iems. Well The truth is than i dont need them BUT.

1. i wanted to buy  an iem with good mids according to your reviews so i can see if my q-jays are bothersome and decide if i will sell them before i start using them more.

 

2. I love how cc51 looks and sound signature might what i am after. Maybe close to panasonic hje900?

 

3. i wanted to try the meelectronics brand.

 

You can easily see that i really cant miss here. B)
 

 


Edited by Angelopsaro - 5/20/11 at 2:44pm
post #3025 of 16803

Joker, I've been thinking about what IEM to upgrade to for a bit after deciding the pr401 wasn't dynamic enough for me, at least at low volume. Anyway, I thought about getting the new atrios with the mg7 driver, but came to the conclusion that if I want a warmer and bassier sound, I always have my m50s at home.

 

So I decided that for the sake of variety I'd get something with a different sound signature for use on the go (or at home when I'm not in the mood for the m50). As such, I've been leaning toward the phonak PFE's. I can get them from earphone solutions for $118. In your opinion, after two years, are the PFE still a good buy at said price point? Or is there something better out there now? I'll be using them out of my phone or my sansa clip unamped (though the new digizoid ZO is quite intriguing...).

post #3026 of 16803
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelopsaro View Post

Yeah his right! but if its something to break that would be the mic and not the iems. Well The truth is than i dont need them BUT.

1. i wanted to buy  an iem with good mids according to your reviews so i can see if my q-jays are bothersome and decide if i will sell them before i start using them more.

 

2. I love how cc51 looks and sound signature might what i am after. Maybe close to panasonic hje900?


Well if the mic unit causes issues in the cable there's a good chance it'll take an audio channel with it. Plus if the remote shorts that could lead to all sorts of issues. Every time you stick an extra solder point on something, you're adding a potential problem area.

 

Oh and CC51 doesn't really sound a whole lot like the HJE900 except maybe in the midrange, which is slightly warm and quite detailed with good timbre on both.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK View Post

Joker, I've been thinking about what IEM to upgrade to for a bit after deciding the pr401 wasn't dynamic enough for me, at least at low volume. Anyway, I thought about getting the new atrios with the mg7 driver, but came to the conclusion that if I want a warmer and bassier sound, I always have my m50s at home.

 

So I decided that for the sake of variety I'd get something with a different sound signature for use on the go (or at home when I'm not in the mood for the m50). As such, I've been leaning toward the phonak PFE's. I can get them from earphone solutions for $118. In your opinion, after two years, are the PFE still a good buy at said price point? Or is there something better out there now? I'll be using them out of my phone or my sansa clip unamped (though the new digizoid ZO is quite intriguing...).


I have no idea what an MG7 Atrio sounds like. The PFE is still a solid earphone today I think, at least if you don't feel like splurging on a DBA-02 or GR07. The Ety HF5 would be the other solid single-BA earphone in that price category.

post #3027 of 16803
Thread Starter 

Added Beyerdynamic's DTX 71 iE & DTX 101 iE.

post #3028 of 16803

Joker, first of all, thank you for your reviews.  I've purchase several iem's based on yours and Cleos reviews.  Any chance you can tell me about the mmx 101's.  Can you tell me in your opinion what the sound difference might be and is it worth the higher price.  I know there aren't any reviews out there but just wanted your opinion.  Thanks.  

post #3029 of 16803

I've been curious about these Beyerdynamics, thanks for the reviews.

post #3030 of 16803
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Joker, first of all, thank you for your reviews.  I've purchase several iem's based on yours and Cleos reviews.  Any chance you can tell me about the mmx 101's.  Can you tell me in your opinion what the sound difference might be and is it worth the higher price.  I know there aren't any reviews out there but just wanted your opinion.  Thanks.  


The MMX 101 is just a DTX 101 with a mic & remote. If you look closely at the pic I used for the DTX 101, it is actually my MMX 101 with a 4-pole plug. I'll try to edit the reviews to make that a bit clearer.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scare View Post

I've been curious about these Beyerdynamics, thanks for the reviews.


beerchug.gif

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)