- 2,967 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Location: Hell
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) is a company that I am very fond of. I absolutely loved their previous flagship, the TFZ Series 5 and praised it with very high word. It became one of my...
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 162post #2416 of 168023/27/11 at 12:39amLmao.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 168023/27/11 at 1:44amThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by Vloeibaarglas
I don't know what you are listening to, but I got the Sentry HO642 on sale directly from Amazon a few months ago for ~$2.
I listened to them for 30 seconds and threw them directly into the garbage. Maybe my pair is defective, but based on the pair I received, I give them a -1/5 on Sound.
30 seconds is not enough to form an opinion on anything, least of all a dynamic-driver earphone. Not sure what they sounded like out of the box but I give all my gear a fair chance. They like to be inserted pretty deeply and they don't like the stock single-flanges.post #2418 of 168023/27/11 at 3:02pmThread Starterpost #2419 of 168023/27/11 at 3:31pmpost #2420 of 168023/27/11 at 3:35pmpost #2421 of 168023/27/11 at 3:46pmpost #2422 of 168023/27/11 at 4:10pmpost #2423 of 168023/27/11 at 4:23pm
Mike, did you ever get your custom tips from ACS via Etymotic? If you did I was wondering about if you used them with the W4 since I'm thinking about that and if it solves the issues of the short nozzle and how the sound changed compared to the tips you were using with them.post #2424 of 168023/27/11 at 4:26pm
Lol, joker had a bad experience with shures and since then he hasn't really had an interest in reviewing them. The issue has been brought up several times in this thread so if you search for it you should be able to find the exact reason which I can't remember.Quote:post #2425 of 168023/27/11 at 4:27pmpost #2426 of 168023/27/11 at 4:36pmQuote:
oh so that is why.
No Shure on any of his reviews. (*cough* Shure 440 *cough*) :Ppost #2427 of 168023/27/11 at 4:37pmpost #2428 of 168023/27/11 at 5:25pmThread Starter
Thanks, everyone. And thanks to rawrster for the W4 loan - $450 universals are still too rich for my blood so this review could not have happened without him.
Quote:Originally Posted by Daanish
Lol, joker had a bad experience with shures and since then he hasn't really had an interest in reviewing them. The issue has been brought up several times in this thread so if you search for it you should be able to find the exact reason which I can't remember.
Quote:Originally Posted by rawrster
I'm sure if someone sends him the SE535 he will review them :P There's enough interest but I don't think he's going to go out and buy them.
Right on both counts.
Quote:Originally Posted by rawrster
Mike, did you ever get your custom tips from ACS via Etymotic? If you did I was wondering about if you used them with the W4 since I'm thinking about that and if it solves the issues of the short nozzle and how the sound changed compared to the tips you were using with them.
Yep, have the tips. However, they are custom-molded for my Ety HF3 which means they will only fit on the HF3 (or ER4, I suppose). The tips actually go a good 1/3 way onto the body of the Etys so another earphone would have to have a very slim housing or very long nozzles for them to fit. The W4 obviously has neither of those.post #2429 of 168023/27/11 at 7:14pm
Well it's rich for my blood as well but I don't have as many earphones as you do so it doesn't add up quite like it does for you although I did get it 2nd hand so it's not quite $450.
That's a shame about those tips. I would have liked it to be for the nozzle only and not the body of the earphone but oh well. I did get an opinion of the custom tips by another user but wanted more opinions.post #2430 of 168023/27/11 at 7:26pm
How do you compare the treble of the M2 and M3?
I like treble and you said in reviews that the M2 have a better treble than M3. Is that true? They share the same sound signature?
Because i have more than $100 to spend and if the M3 is better than M2, then will be my choice.
I'm looking for a upgrade from my CKM55.
Edited by victorbrt - 3/27/11 at 7:51pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › FiiO's dynamic in-ear monitors F1 is available with limited... 1 minute ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear