or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 146

post #2176 of 16803

Is the fifth wood the Xears TD-III ?

post #2177 of 16803


 

 

Posted by Joker
Yes, the bass of the H2Os will leave a bit to be desired for many listeners but I find its sound less fatiguing in the long run than, say, the Meelec M6. In a way, it has advantages as I really like to keep my volumes low during any workouts (since the ear is not only more easily fatigued but also more easily damaged during heightened physical activity). The sound of the Flex means that I never have to struggle to discern vocals even at lower volumes, which is something that annoys me about many other entry-level earphones.

Funny but I usually get annoyed at not being able to discern the bass while the brass/strings/woodwinds (mids) are easily there at lower volumes, I guess that's the magic of having different sources. I like how you mention the potential damage of listening at higher volumes when in physical activity, it's a disclaimer everyone should know and it's one of the main reasons I use v shaped iems and listen at lower volumes when in physical activity.  

 

 

 

 

LOL hilarious. It will be nice to give them a cameo appearance though. 

Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

The FX700 would be highly unfair to the other entrants. I try to make my comparisons more or less even-handed. FX700 vs Skullcandy Holua would be a lot like pitting a racehorse against a one-legged donkey in a 500-m sprint (and that's considering the fact that the Holua is the best Skullcandy product I've heard)..

post #2178 of 16803

Thought did just cross my mind with regard to the FX700, was just excited as its one of the yet to be reviewed woodies and blanked out on its cost @_@

 

Woodees IESW101B

Thinksound TS01

Meelec CW31

 

Those are what I'd imagine that you'd be comparing against the Holua, relatively similar price brackets, but have no idea what would fit in that price category

 

The Sentry's too cheap, and the Rain, Thinksound 02 and FX500 are way above the reasonable price range of the Holua (if we take $50 to be the absolute maximum amount of money one would be willing to spend)

post #2179 of 16803

CW31

Thinksound TS01

TD 100 III

Woodees IESW101B

Skull Candy Holua 

post #2180 of 16803
Thread Starter 

I feel like some ground rules need to be laid out. Please list all five earphones if you intend to make a guess. Also, there will be a 12-hour timeout between consecutive guesses for a single head-fier. Don't want anyone to be up all night spamming guesses.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsteeves View Post

Is the fifth wood the Xears TD-III ?


It is on the to-do list so.. fairly obvious. Also, please list all five if you intend to give it a shot.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyron View Post

Thought did just cross my mind with regard to the FX700, was just excited as its one of the yet to be reviewed woodies and blanked out on its cost @_@

 

Woodees IESW101B

Thinksound TS01

Meelec CW31

 

Those are what I'd imagine that you'd be comparing against the Holua, relatively similar price brackets, but have no idea what would fit in that price category

 

The Sentry's too cheap, and the Rain, Thinksound 02 and FX500 are way above the reasonable price range of the Holua (if we take $50 to be the absolute maximum amount of money one would be willing to spend)

 

Well just because the Holua can be had for $50 doesn't mean I will consider its competition to be necessarily cheaper but the FX700 is unreasonably expensive.

post #2181 of 16803
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

CW31

Thinksound TS01

TD 100 III

Woodees IESW101B

Skull Candy Holua 

 

2/5

post #2182 of 16803

Tonight on HeadGear!

 

- We got some wood

- Victor beats up a skull

- And many people wave their arms in the air madly

 

Stay tuned! =D

post #2183 of 16803

Cool, another contest.

 

Before I make a guess, are any of these headphones on your list already? I noticed you already have all three Thinksound woodies.

post #2184 of 16803

So this is what you came up with :)

 

I'd post my answers but I think I have a slight advantage in knowing what all 5 are before you posted the contest :P Also I think this contest will run longer than your previous one in the portable headphone review thread.

post #2185 of 16803
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyron View Post

Tonight on HeadGear!

 

- We got some wood

- Victor beats up a skull

- And many people wave their arms in the air madly

 

Stay tuned! =D


biggrin.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflac View Post

Cool, another contest.

 

Before I make a guess, are any of these headphones on your list already? I noticed you already have all three Thinksound woodies.


Your logic is difficult to argue with tongue.gif. So yes. I'll update the clues list accordingly.

post #2186 of 16803

Well, my first guess:

 

Xears TD-III
Skullcandy Holua

Woodees IESW201B
Thinksound TS02

Maxell Timbers

post #2187 of 16803


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyron View Post

Tonight on HeadGear!

 

- We got some wood

- Victor beats up a skull

- And we pit a racehorse against a one-legged donkey in a 500-m sprint

 

Stay tuned! =D


 

Fixed

post #2188 of 16803
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflac View Post

Well, my first guess:

 

Xears TD-III
Skullcandy Holua

Woodees IESW201B
Thinksound TS02

Maxell Timbers


3/5

post #2189 of 16803

Can I ask about the flex? (I know this is a contest thread at the moment but I don't need any more iem's) Does the strain relief work? Looking at the design i'd hope it at least tries to reduce microphonics, also I assume it makes wearing over ear that much more difficult, wearing ove rear on my h20's is not exactly natural anyway. btw: if you'd be interested in reviewing the pro-mini's send me a pm and i'm sure I can arrange something.

post #2190 of 16803

Just a question, I already own ER4S and E7 with an LOD, this is my current set up. I was wondering should I buy the minibox-ES from head-direct or should I instead by Ultimate Ears TripleFi they both cost the same for me.

What you guys thing? I love ER4S as it is but I was thinking perhaps it would be fun to try a different IEM sound signature than just improve the same signature of ER4. I am not sure maybe the ER4 is yet to reach its full potential!

 

Thanks in advance :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)