or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 142

post #2116 of 16802

I've heard there may be revisions of the Sm3s that might use a different material for the shell. Has anyone heard anymore about this?

 

 

 

 

*Keep in mind, I "might" be selling my ck10s within a couple weeks, not 100% sure though. I find it incredibly hard to part with these earphones, but I also need the money if I wish to purchase other IEMs, such as Sm3 or UM3x.

post #2117 of 16802

That's true, there is a revision of the SM3 that uses a stronger plastic for the body

post #2118 of 16802

SM3 vs. CK10 = Murphy's Irish Stout vs. Heineken light

 

Be prepared for thick, rich, and filling, not to mention tasty!

 

The SM3 shell is UV welded (I believe), not glued, and the original material didn't hold all that well.  They switched to a different shell material or composition quite a while ago, but I am not sure if there are any more current revisions to the shell.

post #2119 of 16802

Lol, interestingly put average_joe.

 

I figured there was a revision, just didn't know for sure. I assume there were no alterations to the shape of the shell?

post #2120 of 16802
Thread Starter 

Added Meelec M21 & M31

post #2121 of 16802


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Added Meelec M21 & M31



The unstopable ! Thank you so much for these wonderful reviews! Not speaking about the last ones but all!

post #2122 of 16802
Hello,

I am looking for a new pair of IEMs for about $80. I used to have Thinksound TS01, which I really enjoyed, except for the painful snare hits at high volumes. I am looking for an IEM that is similar, but better overall and without the harshness.

I liked the slightly emphasized and impactful bass, and there was something magical about them. They just sounded so beautiful, and I would get goosebumps and have random euphoric moments while listening. I like my ATH-M50's and the other technically superior headphones I've tried, but nothing has recaptured that fantastic feeling that the TS01s gave me.

I was looking at the TS02, which seemed like the obvious choice since it's described as the best of TS01 + the best of Rain, but I'm interested in the MEElectronics CC51 too. I noticed you gave that one a higher score, and I was extremely impressed with the build quality of the other MEElectronics products I've owned/used. From your description, it seems like that would be great for me too, and they are the same price.

So, the question is, do you think the CC51 would have that same beautiful tone that I've been looking for, or should I go with the safer option of the TS02?
post #2123 of 16802


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt H View Post

Hello,

I am looking for a new pair of IEMs for about $80. I used to have Thinksound TS01, which I really enjoyed, except for the painful snare hits at high volumes. I am looking for an IEM that is similar, but better overall and without the harshness.

I liked the slightly emphasized and impactful bass, and there was something magical about them. They just sounded so beautiful, and I would get goosebumps and have random euphoric moments while listening. I like my ATH-M50's and the other technically superior headphones I've tried, but nothing has recaptured that fantastic feeling that the TS01s gave me.

I was looking at the TS02, which seemed like the obvious choice since it's described as the best of TS01 + the best of Rain, but I'm interested in the MEElectronics CC51 too. I noticed you gave that one a higher score, and I was extremely impressed with the build quality of the other MEElectronics products I've owned/used. From your description, it seems like that would be great for me too, and they are the same price.

So, the question is, do you think the CC51 would have that same beautiful tone that I've been looking for, or should I go with the safer option of the TS02?


It sounds like you want something with great clarity. I would say that the CC51 or the Hippo VB's are the earphones you would want with better texture of bass, but better treble would be the RE0. That's IMO.

post #2124 of 16802

Wyatt, go with the TS02.

 

You were totally in love with the TS01, it's the only logical choice tbh.

post #2125 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Added Meelec M21 & M31



Thanks! I wondered how the M31 sounded :)

 

Just one comment. I dissent about the headstage of the M21. I prefer the M21's headstage rather than the M6's one. Compared with the M21, the sounstage/headstage of the M6 sounds more "artificial" to me, reminds me of "fake surround", can't explain it better, sorry. Of course, the sensation vanishes after a few minutes of listening the M6, when brain adjusts, but when switching between the M21 and the M6 that was my sensation.

 

To be sincere, two comments: how the heck do you manage to sleep with the M21 on? You have deep ear canals, dude! :) :) For sleeping, no phone can beat M11+ in my collection, although M9 and Philips SHE3581 are both very near.

 

But well, it's a matter of taste :) Nice review and nice photos.

post #2126 of 16802
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt H View Post

I am looking for a new pair of IEMs for about $80. I used to have Thinksound TS01, which I really enjoyed, except for the painful snare hits at high volumes. I am looking for an IEM that is similar, but better overall and without the harshness.

I liked the slightly emphasized and impactful bass, and there was something magical about them. They just sounded so beautiful, and I would get goosebumps and have random euphoric moments while listening. I like my ATH-M50's and the other technically superior headphones I've tried, but nothing has recaptured that fantastic feeling that the TS01s gave me.

I was looking at the TS02, which seemed like the obvious choice since it's described as the best of TS01 + the best of Rain, but I'm interested in the MEElectronics CC51 too. I noticed you gave that one a higher score, and I was extremely impressed with the build quality of the other MEElectronics products I've owned/used. From your description, it seems like that would be great for me too, and they are the same price.

So, the question is, do you think the CC51 would have that same beautiful tone that I've been looking for, or should I go with the safer option of the TS02?


I personally like the tone of the CC51 better than that of the Thinksound IEMs. However, the TS01/TS02/Rain do have a slight coloration to them which you won't be able to replicate with the Meelec set. If you were asking for the more accurate earphone, I would recommend the CC51 but it seems that you'll be happy with a more bassy and slightly smoother TS01, which is what the TS02 is.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by DervishD View Post

To be sincere, two comments: how the heck do you manage to sleep with the M21 on? You have deep ear canals, dude! :) :) For sleeping, no phone can beat M11+ in my collection, although M9 and Philips SHE3581 are both very near.


Ha, I was surprised as well but it turns out I can insert the M21 quite far with smallish tips. It's only about as long as the M9 when it's in my ears.

post #2127 of 16802

which has better SQ....the soundmagic pl30 or the soundmagic p10.........i prefer the p10 style headphones but if the SQ is better on the pl30 i may go for them.......is there a big difference between them?

post #2128 of 16802

I found my way to head-fi only recently while looking for IEM reviews and I seem to have found my way to quite the place.

 

As a newbie I applaud you, |joker|, for maintaining such a great thread. It serves as a great starting point for my learning. The sheer amount of information and the willingness of members to help others really makes this place inviting. I may be gushing a bit, but I wanted my first post to be a thank you.

post #2129 of 16802
Hi and welcome to Head-Fi. Nice to see someone let their wallet choose the nickname :P
post #2130 of 16802
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanchandy View Post

which has better SQ....the soundmagic pl30 or the soundmagic p10.........i prefer the p10 style headphones but if the SQ is better on the pl30 i may go for them.......is there a big difference between them?



It's difficult to compare a headphone to an IEM but I would say the PL30. Either way it wouldn't be a big difference except for the superior isolation of the PL30, which very much results in more enjoyable sound out in the real world.

 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by scare View Post

I found my way to head-fi only recently while looking for IEM reviews and I seem to have found my way to quite the place.

 

As a newbie I applaud you, |joker|, for maintaining such a great thread. It serves as a great starting point for my learning. The sheer amount of information and the willingness of members to help others really makes this place inviting. I may be gushing a bit, but I wanted my first post to be a thank you.

 

Thanks, and welcome to H-F. Acting as a starting point for those looking to jump into portable audio was the original intent of this thread so I'm always happy to read posts like this one.

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

Hi and welcome to Head-Fi. Nice to see someone let their wallet choose the nickname :P

rolleyes.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)