or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 135

post #2011 of 16803

This thread had a huge part to play in my buying the CK10 and |joker| I have to say they are well worth all the hype they are made up to be. Thanks for the (indirect) recommendation and hope you keep adding to this thread.

Just waiting for my Fake Sony hybrids to land, so that they can hopefully get ever so slightly better.

post #2012 of 16803

A lot of people have found multi flange tips to work well with the CK10 such as triple flanged tips. 

post #2013 of 16803
Thread Starter 

Didn't realize this thread passed 200k views and 2k posts this week. Who'd have thought...

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by roker View Post

I have a review suggestion:

 

The Phonak Audeo 021/022.


That might happen, actually. Someone with a PFE 022 did step forward a little while ago and offer for me to test it when I get a break in my planned reviews, though he's in Canada and it might take a little longer than usual in terms of turnaround time.

 


Quote:

Originally Posted by ElcomeSoft View Post

One thing that miffs me slightly about these earphones is that there is no unique identifier to make these as 1 of the 1,000 made. A slight touch missed perhaps?

 

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the ZEROs actually being limited edition at this point but I guess only time will tell. Either way marking each unit would have raised production costs and we certainly don't want that.
 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpintps View Post

This thread had a huge part to play in my buying the CK10 and |joker| I have to say they are well worth all the hype they are made up to be. Thanks for the (indirect) recommendation and hope you keep adding to this thread.

Just waiting for my Fake Sony hybrids to land, so that they can hopefully get ever so slightly better.


Great, glad you like them. Welcome to the (highly exclusive) CK10 lovers club. Watch out for the DBA-02-faithful rolleyes.gif

post #2014 of 16803

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

[...] Watch out for the DBA-02-faithful rolleyes.gif

 

Yup, we're a rabid bunch! Be wary of the rain of our rejected tips.
 

post #2015 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrost View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

[...] Watch out for the DBA-02-faithful rolleyes.gif

 

Yup, we're a rabid bunch! Be wary of the rain of our rejected tips.


+1 biggrin.gif. kingpintps, better take cover. I may be far off, but am a little closer to you than the rest rolleyes.gif.

post #2016 of 16803

haha..bring it on...I can take on any fishy(er) audio products with Audio Technica power-ups!! biggrin.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esanthosh View Post




+1 biggrin.gif. kingpintps, better take cover. I may be far off, but am a little closer to you than the rest rolleyes.gif.





Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrost View Post

 

 

Yup, we're a rabid bunch! Be wary of the rain of our rejected tips.
 

post #2017 of 16803

Well if the CK10 is at the post office today I'll rejoin the CK10 group :) Although I'm just guessing where it is since the tracking said it left a notice when I didn't get any notice.

post #2018 of 16803

Can you do a review of the Superlux HD381?  

post #2019 of 16803

Yeah I read that but unfortunately I don't have any multi-flange tips either...I'll try the fake hybrids for a while and see how they turn out..else I'll try some double flanged ones. The stock tips are okay, but they do seem to have a problem and the seal with Medium size comes open quite easily. I tried the large ones but they are too big for my canals.

The poor thing is that it is taking ages for those fake hybrids to come via USPS Airmail.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

A lot of people have found multi flange tips to work well with the CK10 such as triple flanged tips. 

post #2020 of 16803

Just got my Meelec A151s, coming from a dual armature pair I can tell the difference with the range and the impact of the bass. 

 

I'd say they're at about the price they should be. 

post #2021 of 16803
Thread Starter 

Added Meelec SP51 & CC51

post #2022 of 16803
Thanks for the review Joker.

CC51 do sound interesting, but the straight down wearing style and mid driver flux makes it a pass for me.

It's nice to see meelec adventuring new grounds with completely different design though, I wonder when they would release their next lineup.
post #2023 of 16803

If the CC51 dropped down to the $50 range, I can see them giving Brainwavz a huge headache.

post #2024 of 16803


Hi, what is mid driver flux?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootookang View Post

Thanks for the review Joker.

CC51 do sound interesting, but the straight down wearing style and mid driver flux makes it a pass for me.

It's nice to see meelec adventuring new grounds with completely different design though, I wonder when they would release their next lineup.
post #2025 of 16803
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EraserXIV View Post

If the CC51 dropped down to the $50 range, I can see them giving Brainwavz a huge headache.


I think that would be downright unreasonable as the CC51 already sounds about as good as Brainwavz' flagship and also considering that Nakamichi's ceramic-shelled IEM runs closer to $200.

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by RBNHIFI View Post


Hi, what is mid driver flux?



Lol i think he meant  'driver flex'. It's the flexing of the membrane of the dynamic transducer under pressure, namely when you are inserting the earphones. It presents as a 'crinkling' sound and can be annoying for some people. I don't usually mind it unless it's fairly severe and with the CC51 it only happens in one ear for me anyway.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)