What do you do with all the spare IEMs you have around?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 995
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #14912 of 1683811/9/14 at 1:58ampost #14913 of 1683811/9/14 at 3:41ampost #14914 of 1683811/9/14 at 4:01ampost #14915 of 1683811/9/14 at 4:23ampost #14916 of 1683811/9/14 at 5:00am
Hi Joker. Firstly i would like to say what an amazing job you did reviewing all those products. i'm looking to upgrade from my Gr07, and right now I'm stuck between either ther LUF-4 or the Noble 4(Universal). Which one would you pick over the 2? Also have you heard of the Fischer Amps FA4-XB? I've read some really promising stuff and they're quad BA as well. What would your recommendation be?post #14917 of 1683811/9/14 at 9:34amQuote:
I'll second the IM50. I don't know how it is against the Fidue, but it's on par with the VSD3S. VSD3S has better separation, but it's rather recessed in the midrange. Also, the Ostry KC06 is a nice, clear, mid-forward IEM. It goes for around $60, but you may be able to find it a bit cheaper. If you need more bass and a warmer tone, I'd go IM50. If you like it less warm and bassy, I'd try the Ostry.
Edited by ZapX629 - 11/9/14 at 9:39ampost #14918 of 1683811/9/14 at 12:17pmThread StarterQuote:
That's a tough one... with its particular signature (deep bass, warm tone, minor midrange recession, and fairly smooth up top) AND better all-around performance there's nothing I can think of except some customs - the Westone ES5 and Heir 8.A come to mind - and even those tend to have a little less bass overall. If you're okay with taking a cut somewhere - for example in bass quantity - and not expect an all-around upgrade there are other options. The Sony XBA-H3, for instance - it doesn't really have a clarity advantage on the EPH-100 but is an upgrade soundstaging and treble quality.
I tried the original (mk1) ASG-1 but the performance wasn't great. Never managed to get my hands on an updated version or the ASG-2.Quote:
The Ostry KC06 that ZapX629 mentioned is what comes to mind for sound (but not necessarily build). It has a brighter, clearer signature than the warm and smooth A63, but has a similar midrange focus. Costs $55-60.
I compared them a little here: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-vsd3s-ostry-kc06-havi-b3-pro/Quote:Originally Posted by Gryphus0204
Hi Joker. Firstly i would like to say what an amazing job you did reviewing all those products. i'm looking to upgrade from my Gr07, and right now I'm stuck between either ther LUF-4 or the Noble 4(Universal). Which one would you pick over the 2? Also have you heard of the Fischer Amps FA4-XB? I've read some really promising stuff and they're quad BA as well. What would your recommendation be?
Unfortunately I haven't tried the Noble 4 universal but the custom one has a very different sound than the LUF-4 - very flat and smooth and relaxed. The LUF-4 has a more v-shaped signature with more aggressive bass and upper mids/treble. The GR07 actually falls between these two in sound signature so you're moving in different directions from it depending on which one you go with.
Haven't tried any Fischer Amps products.post #14919 of 1683811/9/14 at 12:32pmpost #14920 of 1683811/9/14 at 4:49pmpost #14921 of 1683811/9/14 at 5:31pmThread Starter
I wouldn't mind giving some of them away on facebook or whatnot but that requires time I don't really have, plus I have some reservations about giving away "pre-owned" earphones (which all of mine are). Most sets I have are just set aside for future comparisons.Quote:
Lost somewhere back in the 2000s .post #14922 of 1683811/9/14 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
I wouldn't mind giving some of them away on facebook or whatnot but that requires time I don't really have, plus I have some reservations about giving away "pre-owned" earphones (which all of mine are). Most sets I have are just set aside for future comparisons.
Lost somewhere back in the 2000s .
I wouldn't mind pre-owned pairs. 😏post #14923 of 1683811/9/14 at 6:18pmpost #14924 of 1683811/9/14 at 9:21pmpost #14925 of 1683811/9/14 at 9:37pmThread Starter
Yeah I guess it wouldn't be a big issue for many if they are clearly labeled as such. Something to do on Facebook for major holidays I guess :PQuote:
Shouldn't take that long. My estimate is 2 weeks.Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have them and I don't think they're coming from InnerFidelity, either. Audio-Technica really doesn't market these models outside of Japan.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 15 seconds ago
- › Need help! really confused with amp/dac choice for dt990 250 ohm pro 32 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 4 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear