or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 901

post #13501 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihead View Post
 

 

Yeah, but is organized alphabetically, I would like to know which one is next.


I think the list follows what is presented in ljokerl's and average_joe's TheHeadphoneList site

 

So if it is to be believed... TDK BA200 would be next

 

So glad that he made a review of the BA200, having been waiting for so long and I am finally able to see how ljokerl feels about it

post #13502 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaixax555 View Post
 


I think the list follows what is presented in ljokerl's and average_joe's TheHeadphoneList site

 

So if it is to be believed... TDK BA200 would be next

 

So glad that he made a review of the BA200, having been waiting for so long and I am finally able to see how ljokerl feels about it

Joker reviewed the BA200 last week; he just hasn't added it to the first page yet.

 

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/tdk-ba200/

post #13503 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post

I heard a pair today and they serious are as good as people say.

Can't wait to read impressions on the KC06A! Given what's said about them and what I heard out of the current version.... I think these guys have potential to replace the GR07's as amazing bang per buck all rounders! I'm worried about the reception of their low end but maybe I just closet basshead :/

#SuchHappiness
#BigWow
post #13504 of 16802

Would love to see a comparison between kc06, carbo tenore/basso and ath im50/70. :L3000:

post #13505 of 16802

Anyone interested in trading/exchanging eartips?

post #13506 of 16802

About the Xiaomi Pistons 2.1 (or IF Edition)......

 

Has any one here ever buy any IEM's with "beryllium diagrams" like the Xiaomi Pistons? According to what I've read about the "pistons" they really bring out life-like vocals and instrument separation to, if not all music genders. And I can second that, since I own both the "2.1" and there "IF Edition". I personally think they're that good!

 

So, if they're are any other IEM's with "beryllium diagrams" out there. Please let me know. I won't mind buying another one from a different brand. :normal_smile :

post #13507 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clearhead View Post
 

About the Xiaomi Pistons 2.1 (or IF Edition)......

 

Has any one here ever buy any IEM's with "beryllium diagrams" like the Xiaomi Pistons? According to what I've read about the "pistons" they really bring out life-like vocals and instrument separation to, if not all music genders. And I can second that, since I own both the "2.1" and there "IF Edition". I personally think they're that good!

 

So, if they're are any other IEM's with "beryllium diagrams" out there. Please let me know. I won't mind buying another one from a different brand. :normal_smile :

IMO, you dont need to buy an IEM with beryllium diagrams just to listen to life-like vocals and excellent instrument separation. Just get a pair of KC06 and youre good to go.

post #13508 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihead View Post

Joker which earphone is next on your desk to be reviewed?

Thanks

 

Next to be posted: TDK BA200

Next to be reviewed: a dual-driver hybrid from China :p

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblack08 View Post
 

Joker... did you already review the T-Peos H-300 already? Also if the Noble4 C is a 9.9/10 according to your review, what would you give the universal version? Sorry if you feel this a stupid question.

 

I haven't tried either of T-Peos' flagships - the H-100 is as high as I've gotten up their product line. So far the D200R is my favorite in terms of bang/buck though.

 

I haven't had a chance to compare the silicone custom Noble to the universal version. It was discussed at length after the 4S review was posted but it seems no one else has had the chance to try both, either. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkalra67 View Post

I know there are lot of review requests. Is it by any chance possible to include Havi b3 pro 1 to include in your list of upcoming reviews?

 

No plans to try them at this time.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post

Are the bores the same width? What about Sony hybrids? Too narrow?

 

On the DN-1000? The hybrids fit fine, I just prefer firmer tips with it. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomjosh View Post
 

I have a feeling they're gonna be a hybrid IEM from China...:rolleyes:

 

That's... impressive. If we ignore the BA200 review that's already finished, you are correct :beerchug: 

post #13509 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by airomjosh View Post
 

IMO, you dont need to buy an IEM with beryllium diagrams just to listen to life-like vocals and excellent instrument separation. Just get a pair of KC06 and youre good to go.

So, I assume you're saying you got the xiaomi pistons 2.1 or IF Editions to compare them with?

 

Can you write a comparison and let us know the difference between both of them?

 

We would love to hear your review. :popcorn:

post #13510 of 16802
Hello Joker.

Can you clarify what portable music player(s) you use for reviewing IEMS?

In the opening thread post you say

On-the-go listening is done using a Cowon J3 and HiFiMan HM-901 portable players. A wide range of tracks in FLAC and mp3 file formats is used. Critical listening is done via an optical-fed iBasso D10 and the HiFiMan HM-901 using only WMA and Flac lossless files.

Is that still the case?

One might argue that neither of those devices are really very commonly used and certainly the J3 is not really on a par anymore with current devices.

On top of that, what settings do you use on these devices and what volume do you play music at?

I ask this really because I personally use a Samsung S3 rooted with Boeffla Kernel and Viper 4 android DSP app.

In this scenario, how can I know how these IEMs you are reviewing will sound from my phone?

No offence meant at all, but perhaps this thread might be a bit like the equivalent of watching cookery programmes when you don't own an oven.
post #13511 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post



On the DN-1000? The hybrids fit fine, I just prefer firmer tips with it. 


That's... impressive. If we ignore the BA200 review that's already finished, you are correct beerchug.gif  

I don't mean if they fit the DN-1000, I mean the bore size in respect to the driver? I find that tips with openings narrower than the driver causes harsh treble which is why I hate the stock white tip, but really like the Gray ones where the opening is as wide as the driver. For the tips you mentioned and the hybrid Sony's, how wide is the opening in comparison to the driver?
post #13512 of 16802

Joker: Any chance of you giving the 1964Ears V8 a listen somehow? The posts in the 1964Ears thread have led me to believe it could be a good competitor to the JH16...

post #13513 of 16802

I ordered my UE600vi's today... best $45 ever spent. They are cheaper than the non-mic version

post #13514 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agharta View Post

Hello Joker.

Can you clarify what portable music player(s) you use for reviewing IEMS?

In the opening thread post you say

On-the-go listening is done using a Cowon J3 and HiFiMan HM-901 portable players. A wide range of tracks in FLAC and mp3 file formats is used. Critical listening is done via an optical-fed iBasso D10 and the HiFiMan HM-901 using only WMA and Flac lossless files.

Is that still the case?

One might argue that neither of those devices are really very commonly used and certainly the J3 is not really on a par anymore with current devices.

On top of that, what settings do you use on these devices and what volume do you play music at?

I ask this really because I personally use a Samsung S3 rooted with Boeffla Kernel and Viper 4 android DSP app.

In this scenario, how can I know how these IEMs you are reviewing will sound from my phone?

No offence meant at all, but perhaps this thread might be a bit like the equivalent of watching cookery programmes when you don't own an oven.

 

I use all of the sources listed. Unless your DAP has something seriously wrong with it, like high output impedance at the headphone jack or a ridiculous noise floor (both of which were an issue with my old Android phone, for example) you should be getting sound that is close to what I can get with the HM-901 or one of the mini USB DACs. I personally don't think the HM-901 is miles ahead of a decent "mainstream" source like the iPhone 5 so again unless you're using something with a problem, the source as a variable is almost negligible compared to the actual differences between IEMs, or even different eartips. This is just my experience, but apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way - see here for example: www.head-fi.org/t/709479/multi-review-hifiman-hm901-fiio-x5-sony-zx1-hisound-studio-3rd-anv-iphone-4

 

Obviously if you use a DSP app or an equalizer results will vary.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post


I don't mean if they fit the DN-1000, I mean the bore size in respect to the driver? I find that tips with openings narrower than the driver causes harsh treble which is why I hate the stock white tip, but really like the Gray ones where the opening is as wide as the driver. For the tips you mentioned and the hybrid Sony's, how wide is the opening in comparison to the driver?

 

Ah, no. In that case the stock gray tips are still better. The closest I have to the bore size of the gray tips in a size that fits tightly on the DN-1000 nozzle are the MEElec A161P tips, but they are thinner and more flexible/flimsy. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm870 View Post
 

Joker: Any chance of you giving the 1964Ears V8 a listen somehow? The posts in the 1964Ears thread have led me to believe it could be a good competitor to the JH16...

 

I’m not sure. Definitely no plans at this time but maybe in the future.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsG View Post
 

I ordered my UE600vi's today... best $45 ever spent. They are cheaper than the non-mic version

 

Good deal :beerchug: 

post #13515 of 16802

:beyersmile:Hi! joker!

I have $1000 now and I want to buy a custom IEM for some Jpop like Asriel.

So could you please give me some recommendation?

Thanks a lot!

   
   
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)