- 285 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 896post #13426 of 168354/20/14 at 6:44amHow well do IEMs, particularly high end CIEMs scale with full size DACs/Amps? Would it be dramatically different than a conventional phone output?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13427 of 168354/20/14 at 7:53amQuote:
Yes, i listen my ortofon q5 with audioquest dragonfly v 1.2 and the sound is much more clear, with big soundstage and better instrument separation, with full size dac/amp combo the differences will be bigger i guess.
Edited by FastAndClean - 4/20/14 at 7:54ampost #13428 of 168354/21/14 at 2:12amQuote:
Not so sure about the latter part. I have read people saying full size DACs can actually make the sound worse as they are not tailored to such low impedance speakers. Any noise floor in the system is easily distinguishable as BA drivers are sensitive, perhaps not so much with dynamic drivers however. Also I would be concerned about blowing the drivers if too much current was passed through them.post #13429 of 168354/21/14 at 12:50pmpost #13430 of 168354/21/14 at 12:54pmpost #13431 of 168354/22/14 at 3:52amQuote:Originally Posted by cibibikeruI bought the Flux and have been listening to them for a while, I like them more than MH1, Flux seems more balanced, mids and treble are more present but not disturbing. I've been reading a lot about iem and sound signatures, of all the IEMs I owned, I really loved the Brainwavz M1, the Vsonic GR04 Flagship (apart from sibilance), the Sony MH1 and now the Flux. I also listened to Shure SE215 but for 5min, really smooth except for not that present treble, good soundstage. I like the full bodied sound, smooth, without anythig in particular to disturb your ears (harsh treble, sibilance, too much bass, too much mids, to much lower treble etc.).
I guess that puts me somewhere between warm and smooth and balanced? Now I'm even considering an upgrade to the Flux.
I haven't tried the GR04 but I'm a big fan of the M1, MH1, and Flux. I don't consider the SE215 an upgrade over the Flux or MH1, personally. It sounds like you enjoy a *slightly* warm signature.
Hi there, I've been listening to both MH1C and Flux, while I like the Flux for the better but not disturbing treble presence, when I plug in the MH1 I find it more spacious, I know that mode recessed mids/highs gives you the impression of more space but it's not just that, they sound more like headphones while the flux have tiny, localized sound when comparing. I looked at RHA-MA750 but "slight tendency to sound “tizzy”, especially at high volumes, thanks to the lower treble emphasis" I know exactly what that is (Brainwavz M4 if I remeber well had exactly that) and I don't want it. I was thinking in getting a pair of RE-400 given the fact I loved Brainwavz M1 in the past, but I'm afraid I won't like them, another choice would be Yamaha EPH100? Do you have any other recommendation? Thank you very much.post #13432 of 168354/22/14 at 9:35amHas anyone reshelled the dn-1000?
Is this thread for universals only or for customs too? I'm looking for a budget bassy CIEM that can extend low. Any recs? Similar to the dn-1000 but less peaky highs?post #13433 of 168354/22/14 at 9:51amQuote:
I don't know if reshelling is a wise choice if the universals were tuned with certain intentions and that's the signature you prefer. I saw a video of 1964 Ears development process and they measure the FR of their customs, not sure if any tuning is done if it's out of predicted response.post #13434 of 168354/22/14 at 10:02amQuote:
There are some customs on the list. The only more budget friendly, bass-leaning model that comes to mind are the Alclair Duals XB @ $300 and there's also the Cosmic Ears BA3 which is about $400 (not including ear impression and extra features costs). I don't believe either of these models have been reviewed here though. A reshell of the DN1000 may be tricky for most companies since it is a hybrid design and I've not heard of any hybrids being re-shelled yet.post #13435 of 168354/23/14 at 12:43amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by cibibikeru
Hi there, I've been listening to both MH1C and Flux, while I like the Flux for the better but not disturbing treble presence, when I plug in the MH1 I find it more spacious, I know that mode recessed mids/highs gives you the impression of more space but it's not just that, they sound more like headphones while the flux have tiny, localized sound when comparing. I looked at RHA-MA750 but "slight tendency to sound “tizzy”, especially at high volumes, thanks to the lower treble emphasis" I know exactly what that is (Brainwavz M4 if I remeber well had exactly that) and I don't want it. I was thinking in getting a pair of RE-400 given the fact I loved Brainwavz M1 in the past, but I'm afraid I won't like them, another choice would be Yamaha EPH100? Do you have any other recommendation? Thank you very much.
Why do you think you won’t like the RE-400? If you are not hinged on having as much bass as the MH1 or Flux you should be alright. They don’t have the biggest soundstage though. Neither does the EPH-100, but the big bass and solid dynamics help it sound "bigger" than the RE-400. The MH1C is already pretty good in that regard so it’s tough to upgrade from it in soundstaging.Quote:
There are some customs. They are marked in green on the summary table here. However, the only budget custom I’ve tried that I could call bassy is the 1964-V3.post #13436 of 168354/23/14 at 1:10amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Why do you think you won’t like the RE-400? If you are not hinged on having as much bass as the MH1 or Flux you should be alright. They don’t have the biggest soundstage though. Neither does the EPH-100, but the big bass and solid dynamics help it sound "bigger" than the RE-400. The MH1C is already pretty good in that regard so it’s tough to upgrade from it in soundstaging.
I don't want to upgrade in soundstaging, I am ok with flux (or better) sound and MH1 soundstage, I am ok with MH1 sound but different cable, that's why I bought Flux in the first place. Will eph100 be an upgrade in sound to the MH1?post #13437 of 168354/23/14 at 1:28ampost #13438 of 168354/23/14 at 1:53ampost #13439 of 168354/23/14 at 10:27pmThread StarterQuote:
There really needs to be a re-cabling service for the MH1..
The EPH-100 is a little more colored than the MH1 but I do consider it an upgrade overall.
Sorry, haven't had a chance to re-write the InnerFidelity review. Score-wise it's a little above the VC02 (which scored an 8.1 in sound) for me.post #13440 of 168354/24/14 at 12:23amThread Starter
Some new product announcements from Fidue including a 3-way BA/dynamic hybrid earphone with detachable cables and a sub-$100 dual dynamic.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Focal Elear in stock and a loaner program! 3 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 52 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Tonebooster Morphit - Correct your headphone's frequency response,... 1 minute ago
- › Denon new DA-310 USB DAC/amp 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear