- 1,377 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 893post #13381 of 168024/12/14 at 12:55pmThanks for the update Joker
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13382 of 168024/12/14 at 12:55pmQuote:
rawrster, what is your favorite source and amp?post #13383 of 168024/12/14 at 9:06pmTell you what, all earphones I bought according to joker's favorites have brought joy; earphones outside his recommendation like audio technica's ath-im70 and sony's xba-30 are complete disappointment (Except xiaomi piston!). In joker I trust!
Edited by Gandasaputra - 4/12/14 at 9:07pmpost #13384 of 168024/12/14 at 9:42pmpost #13385 of 168024/12/14 at 10:05pmThread StarterQuote:
I wasn't a fan of the XBA-3, even chose to pass on reviewing it. Glad my reviews have been useful!post #13386 of 168024/12/14 at 10:52pm
Joker, May I ask if you heard the Astrotec Am-900's? I saw the Am-800 review and was looking around at pricing and found them.
As for the Fidue, would there be any way to get rid of the sharp edges? Not sure how exactly as sand paper just seems to be a bad idea. =Ppost #13387 of 168024/12/14 at 11:18pmQuote:
It is sad that anything beyond Sony's MH1 line are dookies. You should save your quality time and limit your review to 8-10 ranges earphones, sir! But it'd be entertaining if you could review some badly hyped earphones as well.
Edited by Gandasaputra - 4/12/14 at 11:21pmpost #13388 of 168024/12/14 at 11:22pmQuote:
I thought the EX-1000 was pretty amazing. It sounded very open with wide stage and sounded detailed with great dynamics.post #13389 of 168024/13/14 at 10:48amThread Starter
Website is back with partial functionality. Looks like it was also attacked by a spam bot - hundreds of fake accounts were created in the past 24h. New account creation has been disabled temporarily.Quote:
I quite liked the EX600 and EX1000 as well, though I think they've been dropped from the lineup.
I do try to spend my time on things that are worth reviewing but my plan is to at least write up some brief impressions of things that don't get reviewed in full, either due to poor performance or whatever other reason. Those can be found here: http://theheadphonelist.com/category/brief-impressions/post #13390 of 168024/13/14 at 10:52am
I hope you get a hand on the V8 from 1964 ears to hear how well it does with the top contenders, although you reviewed the V6 already. I'm thinnking V6 is more of your taste based on your impressions of UERM and JH13FP. Guys at the 1964 thread told me V8 is like JH16 to JH13.post #13391 of 168024/13/14 at 12:18pm
I'm probably not the best to ask about that. With portable audio I just use my phone these days. Many may not agree but I do find my phone good enough. There's very few out there that really does a good enough job for me in terms of good sound and good UI. The AK240 is nice but too expensive for portable audio so I don't see myself getting any higher anymore. However if I'm at home and want to use my iem's I have a Concero HP that I use for those situations.post #13392 of 168024/13/14 at 8:54pmThread Starter
Added the Olasonic/Ocharaku Flat-4 NamiQuote:Originally Posted by SilverEars
I hope you get a hand on the V8 from 1964 ears to hear how well it does with the top contenders, although you reviewed the V6 already. I'm thinnking V6 is more of your taste based on your impressions of UERM and JH13FP. Guys at the 1964 thread told me V8 is like JH16 to JH13.
Maybe there'll be a V8-Stage in the future
Edited by ljokerl - 4/13/14 at 8:55pmpost #13393 of 168024/13/14 at 10:14pm
Joker, have you had the chance to listen to the Sony XBA-H3 yet? I got to try it out for a week and I really liked the sound signature, but the poor isolation and huge shells are holding me back from ordering one quite yet. I get the feeling I would always be wanting something with better isolation and whatnot.. I know I've posted a few times before asking for suggestions, but never had an IEM exactly in mind to describe the sound signature I was looking for, but now I've found it in the form of the H3. Any recommendations on sets with similar sound signatures that isolate better?post #13394 of 168024/14/14 at 4:48am
I'm looking for a cheap IEM to use for my travels. I've read the buyers guide for $50 earphones and the VSonic VSD1(S) and Thinksound MS01 are on my shortlist. My main headphone is a beyerdynamic DT770. How do these earphones compare to the sound characteristics of the DT? I love the sound of the DT so I want something that closely emulates its sound.
Edited by oostcoast - 4/14/14 at 4:58ampost #13395 of 168024/14/14 at 8:54amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 5 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Review by mark2410 1 minute ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Earphone Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › NIB, Factory Sealed B&O Play H3 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 6 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear