- 1,380 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Budget audiophile brand Brainwavz Audio is back at it, closing out 2016 and kicking off 2017 with a bevy of new earphone offerings. Their timing was just right. Shortly before leaving for an...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 893post #13381 of 168364/12/14 at 12:55pmThanks for the update Joker
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13382 of 168364/12/14 at 12:55pmQuote:
rawrster, what is your favorite source and amp?post #13383 of 168364/12/14 at 9:06pmTell you what, all earphones I bought according to joker's favorites have brought joy; earphones outside his recommendation like audio technica's ath-im70 and sony's xba-30 are complete disappointment (Except xiaomi piston!). In joker I trust!
Edited by Gandasaputra - 4/12/14 at 9:07pmpost #13384 of 168364/12/14 at 9:42pmpost #13385 of 168364/12/14 at 10:05pmThread StarterQuote:
I wasn't a fan of the XBA-3, even chose to pass on reviewing it. Glad my reviews have been useful!post #13386 of 168364/12/14 at 10:52pm
Joker, May I ask if you heard the Astrotec Am-900's? I saw the Am-800 review and was looking around at pricing and found them.
As for the Fidue, would there be any way to get rid of the sharp edges? Not sure how exactly as sand paper just seems to be a bad idea. =Ppost #13387 of 168364/12/14 at 11:18pmQuote:
It is sad that anything beyond Sony's MH1 line are dookies. You should save your quality time and limit your review to 8-10 ranges earphones, sir! But it'd be entertaining if you could review some badly hyped earphones as well.
Edited by Gandasaputra - 4/12/14 at 11:21pmpost #13388 of 168364/12/14 at 11:22pmQuote:
I thought the EX-1000 was pretty amazing. It sounded very open with wide stage and sounded detailed with great dynamics.post #13389 of 168364/13/14 at 10:48amThread Starter
Website is back with partial functionality. Looks like it was also attacked by a spam bot - hundreds of fake accounts were created in the past 24h. New account creation has been disabled temporarily.Quote:
I quite liked the EX600 and EX1000 as well, though I think they've been dropped from the lineup.
I do try to spend my time on things that are worth reviewing but my plan is to at least write up some brief impressions of things that don't get reviewed in full, either due to poor performance or whatever other reason. Those can be found here: http://theheadphonelist.com/category/brief-impressions/post #13390 of 168364/13/14 at 10:52am
I hope you get a hand on the V8 from 1964 ears to hear how well it does with the top contenders, although you reviewed the V6 already. I'm thinnking V6 is more of your taste based on your impressions of UERM and JH13FP. Guys at the 1964 thread told me V8 is like JH16 to JH13.post #13391 of 168364/13/14 at 12:18pm
I'm probably not the best to ask about that. With portable audio I just use my phone these days. Many may not agree but I do find my phone good enough. There's very few out there that really does a good enough job for me in terms of good sound and good UI. The AK240 is nice but too expensive for portable audio so I don't see myself getting any higher anymore. However if I'm at home and want to use my iem's I have a Concero HP that I use for those situations.post #13392 of 168364/13/14 at 8:54pmThread Starter
Added the Olasonic/Ocharaku Flat-4 NamiQuote:Originally Posted by SilverEars
I hope you get a hand on the V8 from 1964 ears to hear how well it does with the top contenders, although you reviewed the V6 already. I'm thinnking V6 is more of your taste based on your impressions of UERM and JH13FP. Guys at the 1964 thread told me V8 is like JH16 to JH13.
Maybe there'll be a V8-Stage in the future
Edited by ljokerl - 4/13/14 at 8:55pmpost #13393 of 168364/13/14 at 10:14pm
Joker, have you had the chance to listen to the Sony XBA-H3 yet? I got to try it out for a week and I really liked the sound signature, but the poor isolation and huge shells are holding me back from ordering one quite yet. I get the feeling I would always be wanting something with better isolation and whatnot.. I know I've posted a few times before asking for suggestions, but never had an IEM exactly in mind to describe the sound signature I was looking for, but now I've found it in the form of the H3. Any recommendations on sets with similar sound signatures that isolate better?post #13394 of 168364/14/14 at 4:48am
I'm looking for a cheap IEM to use for my travels. I've read the buyers guide for $50 earphones and the VSonic VSD1(S) and Thinksound MS01 are on my shortlist. My main headphone is a beyerdynamic DT770. How do these earphones compare to the sound characteristics of the DT? I love the sound of the DT so I want something that closely emulates its sound.
Edited by oostcoast - 4/14/14 at 4:58ampost #13395 of 168364/14/14 at 8:54amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 47 seconds ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear