- 1,396 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 861post #12901 of 168382/11/14 at 5:54pmHonestly I've gotten very good bass response recently by pairing my Phonak PFE022 (grey filters) with my Centrance Hifi-M8's Bass EQ turned up 1 notch and that's exactly the sound I'm looking for. For bass heads I'd recommend 2 notches up. I'm also getting fantastic sound with the same Hifi-M8 setting on my Etymotic ER4S & Fischer Audio DBA02-MkII.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12902 of 168382/11/14 at 7:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Not having heard the Blox I guess we’re all just stabbing in the dark based on the description you provided. To me it sounds like an RE-400.Quote:
Glad you’ve found something you like!Quote:Originally Posted by chubristic
It's been a while since I've been here. I've always used on-ear or over-ear headphones. This will be my first IEM I'm looking to buy. I have been using HD 25-1 ii's, ATH M50's, Denon AHD 2000's. I love them all. I'm very attached to my HD 25-1 ii's cause I DJ with them. Now I'm looking for suggestions for IEMS. I took a look at the review for the RHA MA750 and they have me convinced right now. It says it's got pretty deep bass, but not "bass head" level, which would be suitable for me. Again, I'm just taking on suggestions right now. I mainly listen to electronic (trance, house, dnb, dubstep, etc). My budget is at most $200 USD ~120£. If there is an IEM just barely over that, but is really worth it, I will consider it. It's been a while since I've been on this board, so I'll do my best to understand the technical details you guys spew at me :)
The MA750 should have more than enough bass even coming from an HD25. You could also consider the Dunu DN-1000, which is just over your budget. Review for it here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/dunu-dn-1000/ . I'm also a fan of the Yamaha EPH-100 for EDM, which would sound more like your D2k than HD25 from what I remember of the Denons.post #12903 of 168382/11/14 at 8:05pm
Greetings. I'm looking for a smooth sounding iem, that has accentuated bass (preferably in the sub bass region) but not bass heavy, mid-centric, and non super smooth treble that isnt sibilant. Basically something that sounds smooth like the lcd2's. I've narrowed it down to the sm3, um3x, and maybe the westone 4. But i'm still unsure. I also cannot find any website that carries these earphones for a decent price (probably since they've been discontinued). Anyone know any sites that ship to the usa? Thanks in advance.post #12904 of 168382/12/14 at 12:24amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by b0000
Greetings. I'm looking for a smooth sounding iem, that has accentuated bass (preferably in the sub bass region) but not bass heavy, mid-centric, and non super smooth treble that isnt sibilant. Basically something that sounds smooth like the lcd2's. I've narrowed it down to the sm3, um3x, and maybe the westone 4. But i'm still unsure. I also cannot find any website that carries these earphones for a decent price (probably since they've been discontinued). Anyone know any sites that ship to the usa? Thanks in advance.
Those are all discontinued - the current-gen replacements would be the SM64 (though it sounds different from the SM3), the Westone UM Pro 30, and the Westone 40.
Here's my reply for the last time someone asked for an LCD-2-sounding IEM:Quote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Normally I recommend the Shure SE535 and Sony MDR-7550. However, I now think the StageDiver SD-2 is an excellent option as well.
Keep in mind that the LCD-2 will definitely have an advantage in bass "feel" - rumble and impact and all that - because it can move lots more air. To get that from an IEM you would need a significantly bassier one, like an SD-3. Of course then you are sacrificing some of the overall balance and poise of the SD-2 (and LCD-2). Point is, you'll always get more tactile bass from an LCD-2 than an IEM with similar tuning but if you compensate with a more bass-heavy IEM you'll probably have to sacrifice other things.post #12905 of 168382/12/14 at 12:44amThread Starterpost #12906 of 168382/12/14 at 2:32ampost #12907 of 168382/12/14 at 3:19am
Thank you joker, I will look into the DN-1000 more now. The wide selection of earpieces also appeals to me. Another problem with IEMs I've had in the past was that I always had a hard time finding one that fit.post #12908 of 168382/12/14 at 4:43amQuote:Originally Posted by lolhart
I've briefly read some of the articles on head-fi and these sound interesting. However, I'm a bit nervous about buying them blind at that price. How is the isolation on the FA-4Es?
I was going to give these a try, but I've read a couple of comments that the bass is somewhat lacking.
I couldnt recommend these high enough.
Imo they beat pretty much all the iem beeing duscusssed here and I've had them nearly all.isolation and comfort are preferable to me than a custom even.post #12909 of 168382/12/14 at 11:18amQuote:
Thanks for the response! Which of those three has the smoothest sound signature with the least piercing treble that's perfect for dnb with good bass lines(least important), rock, and vocals? I definitely want to give westone or earsonics a try since they have such positive feedback.
Edited by b0000 - 2/12/14 at 11:22ampost #12910 of 168382/12/14 at 3:56pm
I'm looking for a $100-200 IEM for only rap/hip-hop
- I own a DT 770 PRO 32 ohm, but I don't want to use it for portable reasons anymore
- Want something more bassy and fun
- Past headphones include ATH-M50, V-Moda M100. Bass level should be around the same as the M100
- I have a portable amp but I prefer to drive them directly from my iPod Classic
- I ordered the Monoprice 8320 for the timebeing, should get em sometime this week
Basically I'm looking for an IEM with the closest sound signature to the V-Moda M100, any help?post #12911 of 168382/12/14 at 4:19pmThanks for the excellent Dunu DN-1000 review ljokerl. I'm now very tempted to get one however being an owner of the Phonak PFE232 which is pretty much V shaped, I'm wondering how does the DN-1000 compare. Is the mid frequency of the DN-1000 as recessed as the PFE232 which was the only drawback to the otherwise excellent PFE232. I'm sure the bass of the DN-1000 is deeper than the PFE232, but is the treble region as pesky occasionally? Will the DN-1000 be a good upgrade to the PFE232? I'm anxiously awaiting your opinion before taking the plunge. Thanks in advance.
Edited by Francisk - 2/12/14 at 4:26pmpost #12912 of 168382/12/14 at 6:56pmpost #12913 of 168382/12/14 at 7:03pmpost #12914 of 168382/12/14 at 7:05pmpost #12915 of 168382/12/14 at 7:07pm
Naw haven't auditioned any iems yet. This will be for my portable setup so iPod classic and e07k if needed.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 9 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 14 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 35 seconds ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear