Hey Joker, the AKG K323XS look interesting. You think you would have a chance to try these? :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 858post #12856 of 168022/6/14 at 12:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12857 of 168022/6/14 at 1:56pmpost #12858 of 168022/6/14 at 2:50pmQuote:
So I had already ordered the RE-400 and thought I'd return them, because from what I've been reading I figured the EPH-100 might be a bit closer to what I'm looking for than the RE-400. Just thought I'd miss out on the low end. So I sent an e-mail to the store owner and the guy calls me back within an hour and basically urges me to actually give them a listen and that I shouldn't worry about the return policy, that if I still don't like them after giving them a proper listening session I could still return them. Good guy!! He also told me to burn them in for 24 hours and try it with the included Comply tips. That's what I call great service!
So I haven't burnt them in yet for 24 hours, but they've been playing music for most of the day and I decided to give them a try just now (actually listening to them right now). So far I have to say that they sound better than I expected. The sound is a bit clinical compared to my SE530, but otherwise the bass has much more presence than I was expecting. It probably misses that last bit of sub-bass that the SE530 can offer, but the mids and highs are quite clear. Not completely sure yet if I like their somewhat forward presentation (especially the mids), it's a little bit too much in my face so far. But I like all the detail it retrieves though. Otherwise, I can tell it's a tiny driver, the SE530 just sounds a bit 'bigger', but I guess that was to be expected given that actual physical size difference.
So will burn them in more overnight and tomorrow during the day and will give them another spin tomorrow night. But so far, better than I was expecting. The EPH-100 is also on the way, but I probably won't be able to return those once I've tried them (from a different store) so I'm just gonna have to guess how they sound based on reviews of both IEMs.
So far I've tried them with the big double-flange tips included, those are most comfortable and give me a good seal. Oh, and also I sometimes get the illusion that I'm not getting a good seal with the sound thinning out, but then I check and they're still sealed properly. Does this have to do with the wider soundstage compared to the SE530, which basically places all the instruments farther away from each other giving the impression of thinner/emptier sound?
Edited by starfly - 2/6/14 at 2:53pmpost #12859 of 168022/7/14 at 3:33ampost #12860 of 168022/7/14 at 5:44amQuote:Originally Posted by peter123
Someone was looking for earloops the other day:
Don't know about the quality but the seller is good, I've used him many times.
I'm that person, but the link you provided doesn't work, takes me to the homepage.
Cheerspost #12861 of 168022/7/14 at 6:31amQuote:
Sorry about that, try this one instead :)post #12862 of 168022/7/14 at 6:41amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
I can't seem to find any on ebay. Weird.
If I were you I'd post a classified here on head-fi - plenty of IEMs come with cable guides and I'm sure lots of people have spares.
You can also get the ThinkSound: http://store.thinksound.com/product/active-ear-hook or V-Moda: http://v-moda.com/sport-earhooks/ guides. I prefer the fit of the Thinksound ones for comfort but I don't have them anymore to try with the VSonic cable. The V-Moda ones are more conventional in design and should fit pretty much any cable without issue.
As for an upgrade, earphones I found to be in same vein as the GR07 BE would be the Alclair Reference (though its bass is GR07 and not GR07BE level), Phonak PFE 232, and Ultrasone IQ with impedance adapter.
What about regardless of the same SS? What would be an upgrade?post #12863 of 168022/7/14 at 6:42amQuote:Originally Posted by peter123
Sorry about that, try this one instead :)
Thanks, another member already pointed me to those. Seems the only option so far
Cheerspost #12864 of 168022/7/14 at 6:44ampost #12865 of 168022/7/14 at 6:48amQuote:
Well, these are most likely the genuine Vsonic ones. I have like 6 pairs of vsonic earguides and the bigbargainonline ones seem to be exactly these. You can always order from China but you'll pay like 10 bucks for one pair and honestly the vsonic earguides are pretty sub-par and not worth paying that much. I'm 99% sure the ebay ones are the actual vsonic ones.
Edited by kova4a - 2/7/14 at 6:49ampost #12866 of 168022/7/14 at 6:57am
Joker, do you think i should buy the Fischer DBA-02? I'm looking for an upgrade from my FXT90, and am looking for a balanced sound, so would it be an upgrade? If not, what would you recommend as an upgrade (max $200-250) Thankspost #12867 of 168022/7/14 at 8:00ampost #12868 of 168022/7/14 at 11:38amQuote:
Tricky question...I think it's harder to compare IEMs to speakers than full sized open headphones. As far as soundstage goes, the GR07s will have a wider, further back presentation, so that may be more in line with your Q701 (from memory). I feel like depth/height is presented a bit better in the RE-400 though. Comparatively, it seems more equal in each component of soundstage (more spherical to give a visual) vs the GR07 which has more width than depth/height.post #12869 of 168022/7/14 at 11:45am
For any of you guys wondering what the differences are between the Yamaha EPH-100 and HiFiMAN RE-400, check out this thread where @modulor posts his impressions of both (and also a bit of the Vsonic GR07) when he had all of them and was able to test them.post #12870 of 168022/7/14 at 1:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by starfly
For any of you guys wondering what the differences are between the Yamaha EPH-100 and HiFiMAN RE-400, check out this thread where @modulor posts his impressions of both (and also a bit of the Vsonic GR07) when he had all of them and was able to test them.Quote:Originally Posted by modulor
Tricky question...I think it's harder to compare IEMs to speakers than full sized open headphones. As far as soundstage goes, the GR07s will have a wider, further back presentation, so that may be more in line with your Q701 (from memory). I feel like depth/height is presented a bit better in the RE-400 though. Comparatively, it seems more equal in each component of soundstage (more spherical to give a visual) vs the GR07 which has more width than depth/height.
@ Starfly- Thanks for that link, it was very helpful.
@ Modular- Thats an amazing write up! The sibilance you describe in the gr07 BE has me leaning towards the Re-400. Is the sub bass in the re-400 really that subdued? Also how well does the re-400 do vocals? Which is the more technical iem?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 19 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › An all too common fight – the HE400x vs the HD6xx 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing lifetime Upgrades by Vibro Labs 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to... 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Lotoo PAW 5000 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear