or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 795

post #11911 of 16802
Congratulations on your 300th review Joker!

Just a quick question, would you be getting the Noble 3C for a review? And how do you think it will stand against the 1964 V3 or even the Alclair Reference? I'm seriously considering either this, or maybe a quad driver universal like the SM64s. What do you think?
post #11912 of 16802

I loved the JH13 review...but now I have hope you might get the UERM, too! Like many, I'd be eager to hear your comparison. 

post #11913 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post
 

any thoughts on the Sony xb90ex and Audio Technica CKS99?

 

    the thought on xb90ex is , deep rumbling not too much dominating but pleasant bass , simply put , beautiful bass , nice mids , clear , crisp , instruments are separable , layering is good , sound stage is nice , better then xba-3 ( on sound stage ) , female vocal is not so enjoyable , good highs , sharp but not as sharp as hafx40 , if you are looking for bass , this is it , havent heard something as good as this under $60 with a bass signature . nice zipper carry pouch , obvious bunch of tips , 4 with out foam and 3 with foam stuffed , i use jvc foams , and a cable clip completes the package . and a beautiful sound signature for a bass phone , not dry like xb30ex ( gave it to a friend ) or xb21ex  ( gave it to my uncle ) , has better clarity then xb41ex . not so clear , clarity is not up to the mark of a good ba like she9850 , but clear enough . a bit v shaped sig you can say . but man , beautiful is the word comes out my mouth , and is available in india at just under $60 . a sweet sweet bass phone . it just brings the bass out of any given track , like , it can invent bass from just a hint .

 

for test i use , george barnett - super hero in a ball , and rise against - hairline fracture .

 

blank about the other one .

post #11914 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphus0204 View Post

Congratulations on your 300th review Joker!

Just a quick question, would you be getting the Noble 3C for a review? And how do you think it will stand against the 1964 V3 or even the Alclair Reference? I'm seriously considering either this, or maybe a quad driver universal like the SM64s. What do you think?

 

I have the Noble 4S, but not the 3C. The 4S is great - I like it better than my old 8.A from Heir. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post
 

I loved the JH13 review...but now I have hope you might get the UERM, too! Like many, I'd be eager to hear your comparison. 

 

I'll get a chance to try a demo UERM soon but I won't be getting a customized one, at least not for a while :(. Not really able to keep up with all of my other reviews as is. 

post #11915 of 16802

I think you should get a UERM :) You would probably like it.

post #11916 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

I have the Noble 4S, but not the 3C. The 4S is great - I like it better than my old 8.A from Heir. 


I'll get a chance to try a demo UERM soon but I won't be getting a customized one, at least not for a while frown.gif . Not really able to keep up with all of my other reviews as is. 

I just noticed that you were getting the demo next. Which thread will you be posting impressions on?
post #11917 of 16802

Hi Joker,

 

I am looking for an new iem with a big soundstage, forward vocals , good detail and clarity. I am not a basshead so I want my bass to be accurate/neutral. In terms of treble I like some sparkle but never harsh/sibilant with good extension. I listen to a wide variety of different music ranging from rock, metal, jazz, vocals, post rock, shoegaze, pop, r'n'b, hip hop, rap, instrumentals, classical. Some of the music can be really complex so this iem must also have good instrument seperation and imaging. I had previously owned an UE900, which was quite a good iem but I found vocals to sound distant and hollow at times so I returned it in the end. Currently I'm thinking of the W4, SM64 and the new FAD heaven iem's. What do you think will be most suitable? 


Edited by Love Music - 10/27/13 at 11:31am
post #11918 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Music View Post
 

Hi Joker,

 

I am looking for an new iem with a big soundstage, forward vocals , good detail and clarity. I am not a basshead so I want my bass to be accurate/neutral. In terms of treble I like some sparkle but never harsh/sibilant with good extension. I listen to a wide variety of different music ranging from rock, metal, jazz, vocals, post rock, shoegaze, pop, r'n'b, hip hop, rap, instrumentals, classical. Some of the music can be really complex so this iem must also have good instrument seperation and imaging. I had previously owned an UE900, which was quite a good iem but I found vocals to sound distant and hollow at times so I returned it in the end. Currently I'm thinking of the W4, SM64 and the new FAD heaven iem's. What do you think will be most suitable? 

 

not to me, though I want to help |joker| with his reviews in progress (especially one of them) ;)

well, the SE535 has almost all what you want, prominent vocals, big realistic soundstage and a balanced detail and clarity as well (I mean something between musicality and analyticity - they're on-stage monitors after all). the treble is a bit laid back (but you know, you can't have everything :rolleyes:). as far as sibilance is concerned it depends on the track. the SE535 (like monitors do) is quite accurate, so it would reproduce sibilants which weren't removed in a studio production. there is also a variable tolerance and sibilance sensibility depending on the individual hearing, you should take into account.

thank you for your attention :) 


Edited by justblue - 10/27/13 at 1:24pm
post #11919 of 16802
I think the UE900 with semi blocked pinholes and 100 ohm adapter has all that except large soundstage which is ok but is pretty good in depth and height. It's a shame you sold them if you didn't try the "mod".
post #11920 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live with Sound View Post
 

That price is a discounted one Grayson; if you want to get it at that price, better order fast. Also, I'm praying that the Zero Audio Basso's kick the VSD1's ass, as I've ordered those. If you haven't yet, I suggest you look into those IEMs also beerchug.gif (anyone owning those two? I'd love to hear your opinion on that!)

 

Check the Zero Audio thread mate, I think a couple of users have compared those already. ;)

post #11921 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
 

I think you should get a UERM :) You would probably like it.

 

We'll see ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


I just noticed that you were getting the demo next. Which thread will you be posting impressions on?

 

This one, probably. I let the organizers know I didn't have much time so I'll be brief.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Music View Post
 

Hi Joker,

 

I am looking for an new iem with a big soundstage, forward vocals , good detail and clarity. I am not a basshead so I want my bass to be accurate/neutral. In terms of treble I like some sparkle but never harsh/sibilant with good extension. I listen to a wide variety of different music ranging from rock, metal, jazz, vocals, post rock, shoegaze, pop, r'n'b, hip hop, rap, instrumentals, classical. Some of the music can be really complex so this iem must also have good instrument seperation and imaging. I had previously owned an UE900, which was quite a good iem but I found vocals to sound distant and hollow at times so I returned it in the end. Currently I'm thinking of the W4, SM64 and the new FAD heaven iem's. What do you think will be most suitable? 


Not familiar with the FAD heaven. The W4 is good but it might have a little too much mid-bass if you want neutral, and there's not much treble sparkle. The SM64 is closer than the W4 to what you're after. It's definitely not a neutral earphone but it seems like it would be a good fit. It has more sub-bass than a strictly accurate earphone but overall the bass is not intrusive. There's an upper midrange dip, but the vocals are not dull as they can be with the UE900. The SE535 would also be good except for the lack of treble sparkle.

post #11922 of 16802

Suman! thanx for the xb90ex comments!

i'm enjoying the MEElec CW31 that you and joker recommended me about :)

i owe a big thank you to both of you.

how's the xb90ex's cable? i have a big traumatic feeling for the MH1's cable... can't use these, even with a clip, i find these unusable because of the cable.

so is the xb90ex's cable better?

and how is comfort?

thanks!!

post #11923 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post
 

Suman! thanx for the xb90ex comments!

i'm enjoying the MEElec CW31 that you and joker recommended me about :)

i owe a big thank you to both of you.

how's the xb90ex's cable? i have a big traumatic feeling for the MH1's cable... can't use these, even with a clip, i find these unusable because of the cable.

so is the xb90ex's cable better?

and how is comfort?

thanks!!


xb90ex cable are better then anything i have seen so far on a earphone , they are a bit heavy but nothing serious . comfort is good , dont go deep , serrated flat cable are really nice , better then xba-3 and dont tangle much .

post #11924 of 16802

hey joker, can you do a review of tdk eb950 and the nuforce ne-650m? 

post #11925 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

I think the UE900 with semi blocked pinholes and 100 ohm adapter has all that except large soundstage which is ok but is pretty good in depth and height. It's a shame you sold them if you didn't try the "mod".

The thing I liked most about the UE900 was the treble extension and the height of there soundstage. Also the bass was just the right level.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblue View Post
 

 

not to me, though I want to help |joker| with his reviews in progress (especially one of them) ;)

well, the SE535 has almost all what you want, prominent vocals, big realistic soundstage and a balanced detail and clarity as well (I mean something between musicality and analyticity - they're on-stage monitors after all). the treble is a bit laid back (but you know, you can't have everything :rolleyes:). as far as sibilance is concerned it depends on the track. the SE535 (like monitors do) is quite accurate, so it would reproduce sibilants which weren't removed in a studio production. there is also a variable tolerance and sibilance sensibility depending on the individual hearing, you should take into account.

thank you for your attention :) 

Thanks for the suggestion. I already have a CK100 and I believe that they have quite similar sound sigs, but I think the CK100 performs better technically and it hasn't got that treble roll off. I have not heard it though that is what I got from reading Joker's review on them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)