- 9,507 Posts. Joined 10/2001
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 787post #11791 of 1684910/18/13 at 1:50amCongratulations on the awesome landmark 300th review
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11792 of 1684910/18/13 at 2:03ampost #11793 of 1684910/18/13 at 2:57ampost #11794 of 1684910/18/13 at 3:02ampost #11795 of 1684910/18/13 at 3:20ampost #11796 of 1684910/18/13 at 4:13am
And now you should take a hiatus. Get some well deserved rest. As probably the most knowledgable man on the planet when it comes to iems, you deserve a break to get your energy back up after doing all of these incredible reviews. I've gotten so much help from your reviews.post #11797 of 1684910/18/13 at 4:19amQuote:Originally Posted by MoonYeol
And now you should take a hiatus. Get some well deserved rest. As probably the most knowledgable man on the planet when it comes to iems, you deserve a break to get your energy back up after doing all of these incredible reviews. I've gotten so much help from your reviews.
Are you kidding !!?? Get back to work !post #11798 of 1684910/18/13 at 4:54amQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Having heard the demo, it makes sense that you'd find it to at the top of your heap. Personally, I found that it forced me to listen to the music, and I couldn't tune out. It was a bit disconcerting in that sense, similar to how I found the 1Plus2. However, I am very, very impressed by its technical ability --- I'm not thrilled by the 6k spike and I'd like the bass shelf about 2.5 dB lower, but I can definitely understand why so many are so enamored with this monitor.
I don't hear that 6k spike but they do smooth out over time and hard use so perhaps it's just receded on mine. I hit them pretty hard for a couple hundred hours after initial break in while running in a Moon cable I was trying. I do hear a bit of needed presence that sounds appropriate to me but not a spike sort of resonance. Depth of insertion could change where standing wave reinforcement may occur as would ear shape to certain degree. Perhaps what you're hearing is universal related or we just hear it differently though the stock cable does have some of that etched, character. They're absolutely lush with an after market copper cable and really do take on about any sig with cable changes. Of course the slightly elevated low bass is always there but really, if you tend to use them on the go as I do, it's welcome.
I don't find the midbass elevated as Joker does but do agree that the low bass is elevated. I'm a neutral kinda guy but think Joker prefers things a bit leaner than I do though we certainly agree on these overall. He's probably surprised he likes something with this much weight as much as he does.
Congrats on 300, Joker.
Edited by goodvibes - 10/18/13 at 7:49ampost #11799 of 1684910/18/13 at 4:58amNice review on the JH13 joker. I hear it very similar in the midrange and bass. I do hear a bit more treble energy and quantity compared to the ER-4s, which sounds a little smoother next to the crisper JH13.
I find the JH13 very forward overall and the soundstage is very enveloping, which gives a pretty big wow factor when combined with the clarity.
Regarding imaging- the JH13 is the best I've heard in this regard, besting even the 1+2.post #11800 of 1684910/18/13 at 8:14am
Cool writeup on the JH13, thanks again |joker| :) and congrats on 300 reviews.
I'd be interested to see the JH13 compared to the UERM, if you ever get the chance, as they are the only two custom's I've ever seriously considered buying...
Edited by Gilly87 - 10/18/13 at 8:15ampost #11801 of 1684910/18/13 at 8:48amQuote:
From your history, I'm going to take a stab and say that you'll prefer the JH13 over the UERM. You'll most likely be more used to the sound. I'm sure the JH13FP sound is what a lot of people "want" in an IEM. JM2C... not that the UERM is "worse" by any means, it's just a flatter flavor that won't be as enveloping and engrossing as the JH13FP. With the UERM, you're led to hear the artifacts of music and an honest lay of the land. The JH13 is for pinpoint accuracy of a bauble of music swirling around your head --- you won't stop listening to the music --- you can't. It won't let you.post #11802 of 1684910/18/13 at 9:16ampost #11803 of 1684910/18/13 at 9:35ampost #11804 of 1684910/18/13 at 11:35am
I'm interested in Joker's take on 'burn in' especially regarding balanced armature drivers. Personally I've yet to experience any sonic changes over time. I understand how it might be possible for a dynamic driver (though again if there are changes for me they've been negligible at best) but I thought BAs were immune to this phenomenon.
My JH13s are getting a lot of use and I don't think the sound has 'smoothed out'. It was great from the start and remains equally great now.post #11805 of 1684910/18/13 at 11:41am
Congratulations on 300! I will be devoting a good amount of time to reading through many of your reviews. Although I have made up my mind that the next pair of headphones I buy will be CIEMs (aside from possibly getting another pair of cans, just don't tell my wallet), I think reading up on some universals in the same price range or lower might lead to a more informed decision. Your time and efforts are monumental and extremely helpful to the rest of us. Thank you for what you do.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 47 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 4 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 4 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 6 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 6 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 6 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear