Do you think the new a-jay fives will be a big improvement?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 761
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11402 of 168369/4/13 at 7:35pmThread Starter
Another teaser of the upcoming EarSonics release. Looks like it might be a 6-driver universal (the first?)
Ultimately it'll come down to what you're looking for. The GR02 BE has more bass than the E30 by quite margin but still manages to sound very good overall. It does not need an amp.
I never got to hear the previous a-JAYS so I really don't know. I was not particularly impressed with the JAYS dynamics I have tried but that doesn't mean the new ones won't be good.post #11403 of 168369/4/13 at 9:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hitesh
I think I would avoid them. Just tested a friend's ES18 and these are the issues I faced - Less than average isolation, too much micro-phonics and bad highs . I know they really value for money I think spending a little more (*cough* triple *cough*) would be a better idea
the best you can get is e10 ( in india ) , use sony tips , they will help with isolation . by the way what are you looking for , bass clarity , or just sq ?
Edited by suman134 - 9/4/13 at 9:58pmpost #11404 of 168369/4/13 at 10:05pm
just got the ha-fx40 , and i love every thing about it , these peaks are awesome , been looking for them , nicely complimented by good amount of bass , is pny midtwon / uptown any better when it comes to sq ?
Edited by suman134 - 9/5/13 at 4:21ampost #11405 of 168369/5/13 at 8:52amThread StarterQuote:
Warmer tone, lower mids fuller and not recessed, and less bright treble on the PNYs.post #11406 of 168369/5/13 at 9:07ampost #11407 of 168369/5/13 at 9:58am
Hi ya joker,
I read your review on the Hidition NT 6. For someone who really digs the ER4S sound signature and presentation, would you say that it's a safe bet that the NT6 is the closest form of the ER4S in a custom format with the added benefits of ciem including a more prominent but still balanced low end?post #11408 of 168369/5/13 at 10:41pmThread Starter
I've heard the original ASG-1 (I believe it was a rev 1.1). I wasn't a fan. Never got to try the newer versions.Quote:Originally Posted by alpha421
Hi ya joker,
I read your review on the Hidition NT 6. For someone who really digs the ER4S sound signature and presentation, would you say that it's a safe bet that the NT6 is the closest form of the ER4S in a custom format with the added benefits of ciem including a more prominent but still balanced low end?
That's correct. The NT 6 improves on the ER4S with much better subbass response and more natural, fleshed-out bass overall. Someone asked a similar question here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760/11265#post_9729619post #11409 of 168369/6/13 at 4:05amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
I've heard the original ASG-1 (I believe it was a rev 1.1). I wasn't a fan. Never got to try the newer versions.
That's correct. The NT 6 improves on the ER4S with much better subbass response and more natural, fleshed-out bass overall. Someone asked a similar question here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760/11265#post_9729619
project86 wrote that Cosmic Ears BA4R is very similar to Etys ER4 sound signature.
joker, when can we expect your first impressions on CA Music One?post #11410 of 168369/6/13 at 4:15amQuote:
After some research I have narrowed down to these 3 - MH1C, GR02 and E30
Which one of them is best suited for rock music ?post #11411 of 168369/6/13 at 4:18amQuote:
Kind of an all rounder
Edited by Hitesh - 9/6/13 at 4:30ampost #11412 of 168369/6/13 at 4:59am
gr2be good for electronic bass music, but for guitar or female vocal is not good because middle recessed and have sibilance. Maybe lg quadbeat or vsd1s is more better for you.
Edited by stimer - 9/6/13 at 5:00ampost #11413 of 168369/6/13 at 6:03am
get the mh1c , it will do , if you can , then get the vsd1/vsd1s they have really nice feedback .
now these days even mobile companies are ready to up the ante , sony has mh1/mh1c , lg got quadbeat and now samsung has the dual driver ones floting with the s4 . nice going .post #11414 of 168369/6/13 at 11:06am
I don't seem to be able to get a great fit with any over-the-ear IEMs for any length of time. I have larger size ear canals and lose the seal frequently. Even the GR-07's adjustable nozzle only helps so much.
I have much better luck with IEMs like the XBA-3 and HF3 that can be worn straight down.
Any suggestions for IEMs that provide the best combination of sound quality and comfort, that can be worn cable down?
Ideally, I am looking for a "natural" sound signature, rather than strictly neutral, with some low-end extension and good treble. Timbre important. (I think I would like it if the W4 and PFE232 had a baby ) Cost not necessarily a factor.
Edited by RapidPulse - 9/6/13 at 7:58pmpost #11415 of 168369/6/13 at 4:07pm
I currently have the VSonic VC02's and a month ago or so one of the ears stopped working, they were still in warranty so I sent them out, and got a new pair
and that pair broke yesterday, one of the ears stopped working again!
I have been storing the VC02's with the cable detached because they detach WAY to easily and it was just easier, and I thought maybe because of that,
and the fact that it has been quite humid here lately, it probably damaged the connector, and that's why it won't play anymore.
Have you experienced this?
Is this kind of thing normal?
Should I send them out again and maybe tape it so it can't detach?
Thanks for your help in advance.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 7 seconds ago
- › Westone W40 vs Shure se846 or Sennheiser IE800? 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a beginner audiophile headphone (under 200) 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio streaming vs. audio CDs? 4 minutes ago
- › Earphones: 16 Ohm v/s 32 ohm... Any difference? 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear