First off, thanks a lot for this wonderful resource of information. I have used it to pick an IEM in the past - the Xears 200 Pro. That was 1 1/2 years ago, and it has served me well. The sound was a big step up (coming from a Creative EP 630). However, like all other IEMs before it, the cable gave yesterday. One of the earpieces has stopped working. A sad day, but exciting as well - time for a new set!
I have decided to spend a little more $$$ this time - I set my max at about 100 euros, although less is better. My picks:
- Shure SE215. ~100 euro. I LOVE the fact that, once the cable undoubtedly breaks, I can just get a new cable for 20 euro.
- Monster Turbine. ~100 euro. They look fantastic, but is the sound quality up to par?
- VSonic GR07. ~130 euro. Too expensive... but a lot of people seem to love them.
- Brainwavz B2. ~120 euro. Also too expensive, and they look kinda cheap on images.
(One euro is 1.33 US dollar. Prices are higher here than in America, sadly.)
I would really like to hear your thoughts, especially on these Q's:
- How significant is the quality difference between my 50$ Xears, going to the SE215 and then the GR07. Is the quality difference significant? (The price difference is...)
- I listen to all kinds of music: from classical to pop to hiphop to electronic. Will the Brainwavz be too analytical / bass-less?
- Am I missing any good contenders?
- Most importantly, which would you recommend most?
... but mostly I am just interested to hear your thoughts!
Thanks a lot in advance. Also, you should post a Paypal account, I'll buy you a beer. :)
Edited by Mad Maniak - 8/27/13 at 2:14pm