Joker, if one already has the Fidelio S1 and the S2 can be had for a similar price, do you think it's worth it? Is it really an upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Multi-IEM Review - 346 IEMs compared (Philips Fidelio S1 and S2 added 10/04/15 p. 1087) - Page 843post #12631 of 163041/14/14 at 8:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12632 of 163041/14/14 at 10:29amQuote:
its noticeable if you put a good earphone to work , or something with a spark in its treble , most of the time they lose the treble in the air , but if you dont love treble they can be good , some thing like a bit more premium will do good , may be a sony mw1 to be the least expensive and is best for the price , but still a mw1 wont get you a sq even with a er-p4 over 8.0 , for me , cuz to me cutting off the treble is the 2nd worst thing . but if you can do with that , go get one , it will save you from some hassle .post #12633 of 163041/14/14 at 7:42pmThread StarterQuote:
I generally like Audio-Technica IEMs but unfortunately no plans to do those yet. And as far as I could tell Audio-Technica has no plans to officially bring them to the US .Quote:Originally Posted by AgentJ
One last question - how much better are the JVCs compared to the AM800?
Also just found out today that I have infact been using an EQ on my phone, and when turned off, the AM800 actually sound a tad better than I had previously thought, and bass wise they're not as lacking as I once thought.
Actually, another question - a bluetooth adapter for the headphones wont affect SQ, will it?
Not too different, a little bassier and with slightly more “withdrawn” lower mids and a bit more clarity and resolution all around.
I haven't tried an APT-X bluetooth adapter yet. The cheap ones I have tried did degrade the sound.Quote:
O_O You heard the new Senns?
And yeah, the TF10 is great...I would kill to get one in a Shure or new Westone housing with MMXC connector. I've heard people say that the new W series sound different and I'm incredibly curious to see the difference, if there is one, between W3 and W30; if they've even managed to tame the midbass by a few dB, I will be waiting very patiently for the price to drop (or to see a used one in the FS section :P).
I got to try the Momentums as well as their new DJ series (HD6/7/8) and of course the high-end stuff that they always have. I wasn’t too interested in their flagships as I’ve already tried those. Writing up my brief Senn impressions now – they’ll be CES Thoughts Part 3.Quote:
Not really – the only time I’d recommend “upgrading” from S1 to S2 is if their signature makes them your end-all, favorite IEMs. Otherwise one is pretty much as good as the other, at least in terms of sound.post #12634 of 163041/14/14 at 7:45pmQuote:
I agree with this, bought the IM70 and was very very impressed. The clarity, bass quality and quantity was enough to put a big smile on my face
For about $110 it's a better option for people who wants the clarity of the RE-400 but with more bass imo.post #12635 of 163041/14/14 at 7:53pmQuote:
This is good to know, since it looks increasingly like the TDK BA200 may be being discontinued. (I debated buying them after reading Joker's impressions.)post #12636 of 163041/14/14 at 9:09pmpost #12637 of 163041/15/14 at 11:19amQuote:
It does look good, but I'll have to find an alternative if it's likely that it'll degrade sound quality.Quote:
This is actually going to be my last question - would you say the JVCs are actually worth getting?
I was hoping to be able to resell the AM800s to a friend, and then getting the upgrade for £10, but then he went and bought some Beats -_-post #12638 of 163041/15/14 at 8:32pmThread StarterQuote:
Well you asked for something with a mic - the JVCs are definitely worth getting if you need a mic. Otherwise, considering you like the AM-800s, might as well just stick with those.post #12639 of 163041/15/14 at 11:33pmThread Starter
Part 2 of my CES 2014 impressions, featuring Audio-Technica, STAX, Beyerdynamic, and Polk Audio, is now posted at http://theheadphonelist.com/ces-2014-headphone-coverage-part-2-audio-technica-stax-beyerdynamic-and-more/
*Audio-Technica’s new Sonic Fuel sport earphones fit securely, sound good, and are priced right
*The ATH-W1000X is among the most gorgeous headphones I've ever seen
*The STAX booth provided some much-needed high fidelity after two days of overblown bass. The SR-009 especially blew me away.
*Beyerdynamic’s Custom One Pro is a solidly-built option for bass fans
*FiiO’s X5 is an impressive piece of kit. E18 “Kunlun” Android DAC wouldn’t work with my Nexus 5
*Polk Audio’s new Heritage Collection features unique aesthetics and the Nue Voe BA earphones sounded promising
Full version with pictures and such can be found here.post #12640 of 163041/16/14 at 1:16am
just got my xba-h1 , , and no they are not big , man xb90ex is big , not these , for now , nice isolation , good bass , i can feel the precision of a balanced armature and decay of a dynamic driver , three differences from xba-3 i instantly recognized is better and wider sound-stage , more bass presence but not as deep for now ( got it 30 mins ago ) , mids are more prominent .
the new harder foam stuffing is really nice , and this time they are glued to the rubber entirely , and man , i love red , they look nice , i havent tried them till now . has a cable adjuster , i dont need it at all , and the new cable clip is far better , way easy to get the wire inside it and is way safer then the last gen cable clip . sony should have supplied it with a better pouch , but its okay . something like xb90ex would have done the trick though .
see , they are not huge .
Edited by suman134 - 1/16/14 at 1:23ampost #12641 of 163041/16/14 at 1:18amQuote:
did you tried the ckx9 ?post #12642 of 163041/16/14 at 1:36ampost #12643 of 163041/16/14 at 7:14amQuote:
Now you see the reasoning behind the last line in my sig. :)post #12644 of 163041/16/14 at 4:27pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 346 IEMs compared (Philips Fidelio S1 and S2 added 10/04/15 p. 1087)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Geek Wave backers: Customer Happiness Survey (from a fellow backer) 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › A good speaker brand? 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM... 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 4 minutes ago
- › Monster coppers died...replacement help needed! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2