Love this thread!!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Multi-IEM Review - 341 IEMs compared (Zipbuds PRO added 08/18/15 p. 1077) - Page 911
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13652 of 161955/17/14 at 11:14pm
new players here...post #13653 of 161955/18/14 at 12:55amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by cel4145
I know you liked the vPulse, joker, so I thought I'd call your attention to the Donscorpio Bass Colour:
Speculation on the Chinese/Asian brand thread is that these are the vPulse, only available for $35 shipped from Hong Kong. Donscorpio has indicated a relationship with Velodyne, so they may be the OEM.
So far, no one has directly compared them yet. But they sound a lot to me like your review of the vPulse. Also, the accessories package looks like a lot like the vPulse as well:
If it's the same IEM, you could have a new king of bass best overall value in your $30-$60 tier
Could be an OEM vPulse, or a knock-off. No way to know without comparing them, really, but the price makes sense. IIRC the regular vPulse has been down to $40 or so on sale.Quote:Originally Posted by ZapX629
My VSD1S just crapped out on me (left driver went out), and my GF's Brainwavz S1 were way too warm for me so I picked up a pair of Quadbeats (1) as a cheap pair of out and about IEMs. Popular consensus says that the stock tips aren't too hot, so I thought I'd ask if Joker or anyone else has a suggestion for some aftermarket tips. The nozzle looks pretty wide, so not sure what options there might be. Thanks, guys.
It's a pretty standard ~5.5mm nozzle - similar to the size used by Sennheiser, old UE products, MEElectronics, etc. You might consider just grabbing one of these if you're not sure what shape of tips normally works for you: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset10-m11-bk-mee.htm
Not for longQuote:Originally Posted by Amitl
Joker, which portable player do you use?
it seems weird to me, theres so many earphones out there, and so little portable players.
most players are made by niche companies like Fiio.
i use my smartphone, and im not interested in a hi-res player,
but i was thinking maybe i'm seriously bottlenecking my experience because of the phone?
(Samsung Galaxy S1)
i read the Fiio X3 produces better audio the the iPhone (which means any other smartphone as well).
also...why are these Astell&Kern players so expansive?...do they put gold inside??
The HM-901 and my trusty Cowon J3, depending on how patient I'm feeling. I have music on my Nexus 5 but it's not quite as good as the J3 IMO. Still a big improvement over my last phone, which was an HTC.post #13654 of 161955/18/14 at 1:04amQuote:
Your reviews have been very helpful to me, and so I'd be glad to buy you a pair and have it sent to you. I'm sure you could tell pretty quick. PM if you are interested.post #13655 of 161955/18/14 at 1:32ampost #13656 of 161955/18/14 at 10:21amThread StarterQuote:
Unfortunately I don't have my vPulse anymore - it was a loan that's been returned. Someone else will have to conduct this science test :pQuote:
The Nexus 5 doesn't sound particularly great in the first place so there's a sizable gap. You can hear it with some BA-based and fairly transparent, like a VC1000, definitely don't need $1000 earphones. Nexus just doesn't have great detail or dynamics, which is my favorite IEMs to use with it are warmer-sounding, smoother ones where it doesn't matter. The Sony MH1C, for example, or more recently the NarMoo S1.post #13657 of 161955/19/14 at 7:00ampost #13658 of 161955/19/14 at 7:42amQuote:
The RE400 thread has extensive comparisons of the two. Some quoted below :Quote:Originally Posted by modulor
I've owned both, and they are very similar actually comparing them side by side. You get a bit more impact with the BE though, which is pretty satisfying and they get your heart racing Though, when compared to the RE-400, the MKII does have noticeably more bass weight and presence still. The GR07s drivers are quicker, and they are built like a tank. Coming from the RE-400 though, if you like their treble presentation, the GR07 may be a deterrent there as they have more sparkle and are prone to sibilance due to being a bit peakier overall (and to a lesser extent the BE). It certainly works well on some tracks though. I typically prefer the more laid back (in comparison) treble of the RE-400 though.Quote:Originally Posted by Tom22
i actually own both the re400 and the vsonic gr07 BE now the be edition is more expensive but it does have the extra bass response (despite its name its nowhere near basshead category) its more than re400 by a bit but its mindblowingly fast and tight, the extra bass it has over the mk2 supposedly is on the midbass only otherwise identical
the mids are a bit pushed back (but just by a hair) i really didn't notice until i a/b them back and forth for a good 15 minutes of hard core concentrating. but otherwise beautiful and clear. the mid are similar to the re400s in that its lean sounding which helps with its transparency (not as transparent as the re400 because of the bass boost but still top notch).
the treble is sparkly and dry and well extended, it is a bit siblant. i noticed this at first but its not siblant to the point where its ear piercing, its just more so than the re400 which has a impossibly smooth treble response
i actually find the re400 seems to extend farther (notice i said seem because of the extra emphasis the vsonic gr07 be has on the lower treble) but both extend very well
sound stage the gr07 is definitely wider abeit a bit more diffuse sounding. so in terms of layering its not as good as the re400
even though i've never tried the vsonic gr07 classic i think its a worthwhile try because vsonic was daring enough to replace a head-fi and china favorite, it can't disappoint
but the gr07 be is still being produced (the people of china demanded it and vsonic responded ) =)
and lastly i would like just like to let you know, if my gr07be dies one day, i will get another pair! i might buy another one a few years down the road (or recable mines) they will be by my side for a long long timeQuote:Originally Posted by modulor
In that price-range for that criteria there's the Vsonic GR07 Classic
You can see how similar they are to one another just little differences here and there in presentation.Quote:Originally Posted by modulor
The RE-400 has really great treble IMO - it is no less extended than the GR07, but it is smoother and (at least to my ear) more natural and realistic sounding. The GR07 has more sparkle and presence, but is peakier as a result and as you've probably read, more prone to sibilance. The driver of the GR07 is quicker, and the bass is of higher quality and quantity overall which is more satisfying there, I just wish the treble wasn't so harsh at times. I do prefer the mids of the RE-400 though. Each IEM serves it's purpose in my collection, but I have been thinking of a way to acoustically dampen the treble of the GR07, which I hope would bring the mids a bit more forward. We'll see
I too don't plan on parting with the RE-400 any time soon!post #13659 of 161955/19/14 at 8:05amQuote:
Oh well. If you'd like to hear them anyway, I'd still be glad to buy you a pair of the Bass Colours.post #13660 of 161955/19/14 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by listen4joy
new players here...
Agree. Would love to hear Joker's take on Zero Audio (Tenore, Singolo, or Doppio) and Ostry (KC06 or KC06A). I think they would rate highly.post #13661 of 161955/19/14 at 12:35pmA little irrelevant. I am perplexed as to why musicians always are seen wearing EarPods and beats buds when on stage they wear TOTL IEMs. I assumed going back to sub 50 headphones would sound horrible. Is this true?post #13662 of 161955/19/14 at 2:20pmQuote:
Marketing...it is perplexing to those who are informed lol but it makes sense, it's 100% marketing.post #13663 of 161955/19/14 at 2:22pmpost #13664 of 161955/19/14 at 3:17pmQuote:
I read this commentary by Steve Guttenberg on his CNET blog a little while ago. My experience (with the musician friends I have) is that while his observations are generalizations, they're true more often than not.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 341 IEMs compared (Zipbuds PRO added 08/18/15 p. 1077)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › Help with deciding what to do!!! 4 seconds ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 37 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 51 seconds ago
- › Ortofon EQ-5 Black - PRICE REDUCED! 1 minute ago
- › Looking for new headphones (considering ATH-M50X, DT-770PRO 250,... 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 3 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 4 minutes ago
- › Why do companies make headphones hard to drive(300+ ohm) is it a... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2