what is it with all those flat-cable iems? instead of progressing, manufacturers are moving backwards?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Multi-IEM Review - 341 IEMs compared (Zipbuds PRO added 08/18/15 p. 1077) - Page 890
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13337 of 162004/1/14 at 10:54amQuote:
Tangle a bit less than thinner cables. The main crowd seems to focus a lot on the 5 seconds it takes to unwind a pair of iems instead of the 2h of listening. But it looks kind of good and flashy if you're into the plasticky look instead of a classy, potentially pretentious braided cable with a wooden chin slider.post #13338 of 162004/1/14 at 11:50ampost #13339 of 162004/1/14 at 9:41pmThread StarterQuote:
I only have the D200R - is that the same as the D202? If so based on only a few hours of listening I'd say I prefer it to the Tank. I haven't tried the NE-600X.Quote:
I use the HiFiMan HM-901 with IEM card. In terms of sound quality I have no complaints.Quote:Originally Posted by scorpio187
ljokerl, Is there any chance to review the Roxanne in the near future?
I haven't tried the Roxanne but I may be able to get a loaner of the universal version in the near future.post #13340 of 162004/2/14 at 7:16pmpost #13341 of 162004/4/14 at 8:55amThread StarterQuote:
I hadn't even heard of them until quite recently. No plans yet, maybe in the future.post #13342 of 162004/4/14 at 8:55ampost #13343 of 162004/4/14 at 7:41pmThread StarterQuote:
The VC02 is the most flat/neutral of the three if that’s what you’re after. I personally like the slightly fuller bass of the VSD1S – it doesn’t sound unnatural to me – but it’s not reference-flat for sure.post #13344 of 162004/4/14 at 8:41pmAnyone know what the IEM depicted below is? It looks like a black glossy plastic pebble and a unique plug with a fat-ish glossy cable. I saw someone wearing it and was intrigued since it didn't have a logo. I'm guessing it was a universal... Just curious.
Edited by vwinter - 4/4/14 at 8:45pmpost #13345 of 162004/4/14 at 9:14pmQuote:
Thank you for your answer. I'm going for the VC02.post #13346 of 162004/4/14 at 10:40pm
It looks like an Audio Technica IM in-ear.post #13347 of 162004/5/14 at 2:59am
I want to thank you immensely once more. I pereodically look over your comparison threads (and have a great deal of fun with them) and today i found the inear stagedivers which i otherwise would have never stumbled upon. I live in europe and a lot of the other products are often difficult to get (especially with added customs time shipping and taxes) but with the inear i got lucky. I am still carefully going over them versus the sm64 but i think the stagediver 3 will win out.
I had seen your reviews of the ie800 and the re600 on innerfidelity and i think you also mention hte model a few times int his thread. I was wondering when they will be added as their own entries?
Also I saw you mention the westone es5 a few times. I am pretty interested in how it compares to the jh13 and if it will get its own entry too?
I am pretty interested to see how the ie800 compares to other dynamics (dynamics are my favourite) like the inears but also to the top model from akg obviously.
Thanks again for the great and continuing work! Its always a joy to see that new entries have been added and after all this time i really know what i am looking for and of your descriptions will match what i am looking for.
Greetings, Anouk,post #13348 of 162004/5/14 at 8:34am
Looked into it and while it does a bit, it wasn't.
Here are the differences from the AT IM series:
The plug housing is huge. The cylinder extended past the edges if the dudes cellphone.
Please excuse the sloppy cellphone markup.
Thanks for trying!
Edited by vwinter - 4/5/14 at 8:36ampost #13349 of 162004/5/14 at 8:45am
Red Giant Ossicle A03 perhaps.
The plug looks similar too
Edited by getclikinagas - 4/5/14 at 8:47ampost #13350 of 162004/5/14 at 8:57amQuote:
That could be a number of IEMs. What came to mind are EarSonics. Or even Westone.
Edit: by the way, great drawing.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 341 IEMs compared (Zipbuds PRO added 08/18/15 p. 1077)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 vs Philips Fidelio X2 vs HiFiMAN HE400S vs AKG 712 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2