Yeah good point...I prefer clean, impactful bass, forward, intimate mids, and non-fatiguing treble with low sibilance. Good separation and imaging. A wide soundstage. A warmish sound signature.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Multi-IEM Review - 341 IEMs compared (Zipbuds PRO added 08/18/15 p. 1077) - Page 699post #10471 of 161986/1/13 at 10:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10472 of 161986/1/13 at 10:25pmQuote:
Based on reviews from many source, the H-200 is very close to wait you're asking for, but there is also the BA200. I know that ljokerl will have better suggestions. :3
Edited by Niyologist - 6/1/13 at 11:22pmpost #10473 of 161986/1/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
The BA200 hits mostly all of those points except soundstage width. It's a very satisfying soundstage, well rounded with height and very good depth, but just good width. It's enveloping without being congested and closed in at all.
I don't know if it's the best under 300 but it's absolutely easy to recommend under 200. Hopefully others can chime in.post #10474 of 161986/1/13 at 11:45pmpost #10475 of 161986/2/13 at 12:01am
I've owned the BA200 & (currently own) the H-200. Both are terrific phones. While some here have found the H-200 to have forward mids; to my ears, they're positioned quite neutrally in that I wouldn't consider them forward or recessed. The BA200's mids are, relative to the H-200's mids, more forward & warmer in tone.
I found the midrange on both phones to be quite smooth & euphonic. The BA200's mids are a bit more analog-sounding (reminiscent of the dusty warmth some vinyl rigs tend to emphasize) while the H-200's mids are more tonally neutral and clean. Separation & imaging are excellent between both phones. The BA200 might get the edge in soundstage width. but both phones have excellent depth (probably on par with each other). That being said, I don't find the H-200 to sound particularly constrained. In fact, it seems to be able to throw a pretty wide stage.. depending on what the recording (quality) offers up (as well as what you upstream gear is capable of).
The H-200 is a tad brighter than the BA200.. but neither phone's signature seems predisposed to sibilance (unless, again, your source files serve it up). The BA200 is probably the safer choice between the two.. but I don't think gambling on the H-200 for this aspect is risky at all. One thing to consider is that the BA200 needs a deep fit to attain it's intended signature. It's not Etymotic deep.. but it's close. The H-200 can get its groove on with a comparatively shallower fit. The H-200 is bulkier, relative to the sleek, svelte BA200, so if you anticipate using either of these phones during (even) moderate physical activity, the BA200 might be the better choice.
I think both the BA200 & H-200 would fit your needs in terms of sound.. but the BA200 might suit you better since you explicitly stated that you wanted something with a 'warmer' sound.post #10476 of 161986/2/13 at 12:03amThread StarterQuote:
After fishing my VC02 left driver from under my desk for 2nd time this week, I tend to agree. The VSonic GR01 didn't have a detachable cable either. Still unclear on what the difference is supposed to be between that and the VC1000.Quote:
I tried a 1.1 rev shortly. Seemed to be lacking in treble so I didn't really give it another go. Out of what I have heard at length your description sounds like a Sennheiser IE8 (not much for the intimate mids, but everything else), Yamaha EPH-100 (soundstage is not that wide but it has good layering; treble is not super-smooth but avoids harshness and sibilance), and Earsonics SM2 (again, not that wide but nicely 3-dimensional. No harshness/sibilance). I am lacking hands-on experience with the BA200 and many other sets that are popular these days. The market is simply too crowded to keep up with.post #10477 of 161986/2/13 at 2:16ampost #10478 of 161986/2/13 at 3:10am
Because the DJ's tend to put their headphones on and take them off frequently, for example when queuing tracks, monitoring or mastering.
Doing that with IEMs would be a massive chore and rather uncomfortable.post #10479 of 161986/2/13 at 4:51amQuote:
15 year experienced DJ here. I've used headphones for the past 14 years. Tried out IEMs with the Xone92. Perfection. My mixes have been coming out even better! It's not the norm to use IEMs, but more and more DJs are using them!post #10480 of 161986/2/13 at 5:51ampost #10481 of 161986/2/13 at 6:39ampost #10482 of 161986/2/13 at 7:46am
Iv been using a pair of VSonic GR02 Bass Edition for over a year. Though I really loved the set overall, I really felt it lacking in the bass department. Didnt quite "Feel" the punch/thump much with these. Now that they have developed an issue (the left bud keeps shutting down all the time, starts working when I tweak the plug. That obviously does not work when I am on the move, and even when I am stationary, I have to keep tweaking it from time to time), I figured I might have to upgrade soon. So I dont have a very big budget (say about INR 5000 ~ USD 100 tops after extending my budget as much as I possibly can), and I am in India, so options are limited too, kind of. I havent been able to figure out the additional cost (customs/taxes/duties) of importing sets. So I need advice on which set to go in for next. As I had said, I really loved the GR02 BEs, except for the bass, which was actually what I had been looking for when I purchased them. So I want something similar overall, with a lot more bass. And they have to be durable too, hate to spend so much on a set and have it breaking on me. I am not a very rough user per se, but still. Some of the names from the top of my head are (In no specific order of preference, and in no way am I limited to these):
> Brainwavz M5/M2/ProAlpha (dont know whether this would be an upgrade or not)
> Fischer Audio. Now im confused between 3 of their sets, Eterna, Silver Bullets, and Consonance.
> Shure SE215
> Meelectronics M11+/M21
> SoundMagic E10
> Audio Technica CKM500
> Anything Else
Edited by HeadHoncho - 6/2/13 at 8:10ampost #10483 of 161986/2/13 at 7:52am
The seller ships from Guangzhou, China, so it could be a knock off. Chinese sellers sell many knock offs on ebay for a reduced price, like fake badminton rackets and such. I guess you can take a chance if you think the reward outweighs the risks here.post #10484 of 161986/2/13 at 7:55ampost #10485 of 161986/2/13 at 9:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Amitl
do you guys think this is fake?
Ships from China at a too good to be true price...I would not touch it, personally.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 341 IEMs compared (Zipbuds PRO added 08/18/15 p. 1077)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 6 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2