Joker, which do you think I would like better, the FXD-80 or the EPH-100? I listen to rap and rock music, and sometimes a little jazz. Are the EPH's worth $60 more than the FXD-80s? I want good isolation and comfort, as well as a smooth sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Multi-IEM Review - 338 IEMs compared (Brainwavz S0 added 05/30/15 p. 1060) - Page 742
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11117 of 159408/5/13 at 12:10amQuote:
Amazon has the EPH-100 for under $115. I do not have either one, but based on reviews and the type of music you listen to, and if your ear canal is not too small, you might enjoy the EPH-100.post #11118 of 159408/5/13 at 6:38ampost #11119 of 159408/5/13 at 6:54amQuote:
Take the Meelec M6 or S6 - you'll enjoy it!post #11120 of 159408/5/13 at 7:24amQuote:
Would probably help if you gave him your preferred music preference or sound signature.. there's a couple great options with over-ear wears. :)post #11121 of 159408/5/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I am guessing it isn't jazz, opera or classical . Probably something upbeat like rock or hip hop.post #11122 of 159408/5/13 at 8:54amThread StarterQuote:
They are pretty well-matched in everything aside from sound signature but for smooth sound I'd choose the EPH-100 despite the price gap.Quote:
The MEElec M6 mentioned above is a good cheap option. I don't really recommend buying non-sport earphones even if they sound better because it's not clear how they will hold up to sweat, etc. However, I've seen some good feedback on the soundmagic E30 being used for sports and I used my older soundmagic PL30 at the gym for years, so I'd make an exception for that. It lacks the memory wire of the M6 but has a more hi-fi sound to it and still doesn't cost an arm and a leg.post #11123 of 159408/5/13 at 10:44ampost #11124 of 159408/5/13 at 10:49am
I was wondering if you've tried the HTC bundled headset? They sound pretty good to me for a bundled headphone and if my memory is at least close to accurate, they sound more enjoyable compared to the MH1c. Really nice bassy iem I must say; comparable to the Zero Audio Basso. Although not as refined but definitely worth keeping.post #11125 of 159408/5/13 at 11:10am
The Westones sound like I good fit, however, from what I've read, the UE Merlin might also be worth a shot, I just want to make sure I get the signature right before buying, there is nowhere in my area where I can try on universal fit versions sadly. Thanks again.post #11126 of 159408/5/13 at 12:29pmpost #11127 of 159408/5/13 at 3:02pmpost #11128 of 159408/5/13 at 7:20pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by d marc0
I was wondering if you've tried the HTC bundled headset? They sound pretty good to me for a bundled headphone and if my memory is at least close to accurate, they sound more enjoyable compared to the MH1c. Really nice bassy iem I must say; comparable to the Zero Audio Basso. Although not as refined but definitely worth keeping.
My HTC phone came with a set of HTC-branded earbuds (not an in-ear headset). Never seen that one before.Quote:Originally Posted by BLACKSasquatch
The Westones sound like I good fit, however, from what I've read, the UE Merlin might also be worth a shot, I just want to make sure I get the signature right before buying, there is nowhere in my area where I can try on universal fit versions sadly. Thanks again.
No doubt. Getting the customs with the right sound signature is 100% worth your time.post #11129 of 159408/5/13 at 7:55pmQuote:
Mee M6 / S6 :) If you want armature goodness try Sony XBA - 65 :)post #11130 of 159408/5/13 at 8:40pm
I'm saving a lot of cash for a high quality in-ear earphone. I'm between the Shure SE846 or a custom Westone ES5. My musical tastes are varied, I listen electronic, rock, metal, classic and instrumental music. I do like warm sound with good amount of bass but not overwhelming, I like the sound of the westone 4 I currently own. What would yo recommend me? If you where in my shoes which one would you go for?
Thank You!!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 338 IEMs compared (Brainwavz S0 added 05/30/15 p. 1060)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 14 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 31 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 35 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 41 seconds ago
- › High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and... 52 seconds ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 1 minute ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2