- 15 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the Huaham E701 Silence Dreamer in-ear monitor was on sale for $26.99 USD on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Review Introduction Many thanks to samma3a.com for providing me with a ASG2.5 for a week to review. Aurisonics is a Nashville, Tennessee, US based company that produces...
For music on the go. This are my favourites for the moment. I rate it even higher than the Sennheiser Momentum because the cans are much more comfortable. In terms of Bass qualities,I prefer...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
This pair of beauty have unseated my AKG 551 as a my favourite portable headphones to go with my ipod touch while I enjoy my spotify playlists. Coldplay´s "Life in Technicolour" is an...
Multi-IEM Review - 338 IEMs compared (Brainwavz S0 added 05/30/15 p. 1060) - Page 716post #10726 of 158976/23/13 at 9:22pmIn the re-400 portion, you mention a zippered carrying case, but my package of my own re-400s did not include one. Where did you hear of this case?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10727 of 158976/23/13 at 10:40pmThread StarterQuote:
Several months ago someone mentioned that they bought an RE-400 and got a case. I confirmed with HiFiMan that all RE-400s were shipping with them now (not in the packaging, but on the side). I didn't get a chance to add the info until recently. Might only apply to those RE-400s purchased directly from Head-Direct. Where did you get yours?post #10728 of 158976/24/13 at 2:21ampost #10729 of 158976/24/13 at 7:27amQuote:
I didn't think that I got the cable winder either until I turned that foam packing material upside down. It was underneath.
No case though, and I too bought mine from Head Direct fulfilled by Amazon.post #10730 of 158976/24/13 at 8:43ampost #10731 of 158976/24/13 at 8:51amThread Starterpost #10732 of 158976/24/13 at 9:36ampost #10733 of 158976/24/13 at 10:22ampost #10734 of 158976/24/13 at 1:02pmpost #10735 of 158976/24/13 at 1:21pmpost #10736 of 158976/24/13 at 5:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Seems like the RE272 would have been good for you but sadly it's been discontinued. The lesser treble quantity of the RE-400 makes it the 'safe' choice but you would probably like the new Philips Fidelio S1/S2 IEMs - they do have more bass than the RE-400, especially subbass, but as a result the mid-bass is actually not as prominent. More importantly, the Philips IEMs are a little brighter. I would recommend you try them first because I can see the treble being at the limit of someone's tolerance but they are definitely not as "hot" up top as the GR07.
There is just not enough reviews for philips in-ears, and waterline is for now my choice number one, i went trough your review once more and as waterline is missing that top end something, i found 10 other in-ears that are all missing something, but more or less fit the description of what i want:
VSonic R02 Silver
Head-Direct (HiFiMan) RE-ZERO
Sunrise SW-Xcape v. 1
HiFiMan RE-400 Waterline
Rock-It Sounds R-50
Fischer Audio DBA-02 mkII
What would be most analytic but not fatiguing and musical, most extended and flat headphone in both ways, with neither bass or highs overshadowing mids, and without mid bass hump? It can definitly lean more towards analytic, but just not all the way, cuz it is my only pair for now.
Also, if there is the need, if there is tremendous difference i can go up to 200, but since this is just a temporary solution, i would like to buy cheapest one that fits the description.
Thank you for your reviews, they are very helpful, its not like im lazy and just want u to chew up and spit the answer for me, i have red the reviews several times, but im still a bit confused about what the best in ear for me would be at the moment, because i still have to live with it for at least 6 months if not a year or more.
Edited by lksndr - 6/24/13 at 6:39pmpost #10737 of 158976/24/13 at 8:37pmpost #10738 of 158976/24/13 at 9:01pmpost #10739 of 158976/24/13 at 9:04pmQuote:
One off the top of my head is the Hifman RE-272. For cheaper, you could also do the RE400.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 338 IEMs compared (Brainwavz S0 added 05/30/15 p. 1060)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › FS or Trade: My WA7+WA7tp (black) for your Oppo HA-1 (preferably... 41 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile Newbie, I need help choosing a portable DAC/AMP. 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi + Wyrd 6 minutes ago
- › Huaham Ultimate Edition E701 Noodle Style Ergonomics Noise... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Koolpep
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Chiek
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2