- 4,803 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057) - Page 587post #8791 of 1589611/21/12 at 10:17amThe R50 was pretty boring to me. C-span is more exciting.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8792 of 1589611/21/12 at 11:18ampost #8793 of 1589611/21/12 at 11:20ampost #8794 of 1589611/21/12 at 11:29am
Maybe a difficult question - but how do the Yamaha EPH100s compare to the Brainwavz HM5/Fischer Audio FA-003 in terms of sound signature? I know those cans are full-sized, but I desperately need to find a full-sized, well-isolationg headphone that can hold a candle to the Yams; they just have such a satisfying sound sig.post #8795 of 1589611/21/12 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by AstralStorm
Well, RE-ZERO is as much direct upgrade over RE0 as they come. The other IEMs of the line are somewhat sideway treks, even RE272, which is the closest. Still, I bet you'd get more mileage out of custom tips for RE0 than from RE-ZERO alone. Or perhaps combine both ideas
It's one of a kind IEM...
I still have the old RE2 from few years agol, and still love them. Is the RE0 a direct evolution ?
Edited by musiclife - 12/3/12 at 4:43pmpost #8796 of 1589611/21/12 at 12:05pmpost #8797 of 1589611/21/12 at 2:53pmpost #8798 of 1589611/21/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
I have the PFE 112 and I'm waiting for my 75 ohm adaptar to arrive, so, if you with, I can post my impressions (I still have to wait the mail service to deliver it).post #8799 of 1589611/21/12 at 7:24pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Someone should really send one your way. IMHO, it's bar-none one of the best values around. Period. In my view, it definitely rivals the R-50 in terms of value. The R-50 won't ingratiate itself to everyone, while the BA200 will definitely appeal to a wider audience, while accuracy-minded folks will still appreciate it, as even when it doesn't have the top-end sizzle, it is very well-extended on both ends.
Someone graciously offered but I had to turn it down due to lack of spare time. I'll try and get my hands on it next year. I like R-50 but even that review has been delayed for months already .Quote:
Answered your PM.Quote:Originally Posted by chipstjuven
Maybe a difficult question - but how do the Yamaha EPH100s compare to the Brainwavz HM5/Fischer Audio FA-003 in terms of sound signature? I know those cans are full-sized, but I desperately need to find a full-sized, well-isolationg headphone that can hold a candle to the Yams; they just have such a satisfying sound sig.
I only heard the FA-003 briefly something like 2 years ago so I don't think I can be of much help there. For what it's worth someone else asked for a EPH-100 competitor in headphone form and I recommended the V-Moda M-80. Maybe the M-100 is worth looking at as far as full-size cans go.Quote:
It is and it isn't. Because it's a lower-end product, the RE2's frequency response is less extended and skewed in favor of the treble and away from the bass, resulting a brighter sound. The RE0 is more balanced, more refined, and more neutral in tone. If you like the RE2 you probably will like the RE0 and RE-ZERO as well but they are not an exact signature match.
Edited by ljokerl - 11/21/12 at 9:24pmpost #8800 of 1589611/22/12 at 7:15ampost #8801 of 1589611/22/12 at 11:53amThread Starter
It's been years since I've had an RE0 and a while since I sold my last HF5 for the ER4. I don't think I can or should attempt a comparison from memory as they are both balanced and neutral-sounding earphones with more similarities than differences. If you already own the HF5 (which I think you do) I probably wouldn't bother with the RE0. The ZERO, maybe.post #8802 of 1589611/22/12 at 9:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
It's been years since I've had an RE0 and a while since I sold my last HF5 for the ER4. I don't think I can or should attempt a comparison from memory as they are both balanced and neutral-sounding earphones with more similarities than differences. If you already own the HF5 (which I think you do) I probably wouldn't bother with the RE0. The ZERO, maybe.
Well then how do the re-zero compare with the hf5 since head-direct have them back in stock now?post #8803 of 1589611/23/12 at 12:06amThread StarterQuote:
Still pretty similar, the ZERO has more of a dynamic-driver note presentation with softer, rounder notes. It sounds a little fuller and smoother and more mid-forward (and just more forward overall) while the Etys are more crisp, a bit less forgiving up top, and to my ears clearer.post #8804 of 1589611/23/12 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Still pretty similar, the ZERO has more of a dynamic-driver note presentation with softer, rounder notes. It sounds a little fuller and smoother and more mid-forward (and just more forward overall) while the Etys are more crisp, a bit less forgiving up top, and to my ears clearer.
Head-direct ran out of re-zero again, I'll probably never get a chance to purchase them, I guess I will be saving up for a more expensive iem then, anyway thanks for the comparison.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 58 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 2 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2