- 4,800 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057) - Page 587post #8791 of 1589511/21/12 at 10:17amThe R50 was pretty boring to me. C-span is more exciting.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8792 of 1589511/21/12 at 11:18ampost #8793 of 1589511/21/12 at 11:20ampost #8794 of 1589511/21/12 at 11:29am
Maybe a difficult question - but how do the Yamaha EPH100s compare to the Brainwavz HM5/Fischer Audio FA-003 in terms of sound signature? I know those cans are full-sized, but I desperately need to find a full-sized, well-isolationg headphone that can hold a candle to the Yams; they just have such a satisfying sound sig.post #8795 of 1589511/21/12 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by AstralStorm
Well, RE-ZERO is as much direct upgrade over RE0 as they come. The other IEMs of the line are somewhat sideway treks, even RE272, which is the closest. Still, I bet you'd get more mileage out of custom tips for RE0 than from RE-ZERO alone. Or perhaps combine both ideas
It's one of a kind IEM...
I still have the old RE2 from few years agol, and still love them. Is the RE0 a direct evolution ?
Edited by musiclife - 12/3/12 at 4:43pmpost #8796 of 1589511/21/12 at 12:05pmpost #8797 of 1589511/21/12 at 2:53pmpost #8798 of 1589511/21/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
I have the PFE 112 and I'm waiting for my 75 ohm adaptar to arrive, so, if you with, I can post my impressions (I still have to wait the mail service to deliver it).post #8799 of 1589511/21/12 at 7:24pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Someone should really send one your way. IMHO, it's bar-none one of the best values around. Period. In my view, it definitely rivals the R-50 in terms of value. The R-50 won't ingratiate itself to everyone, while the BA200 will definitely appeal to a wider audience, while accuracy-minded folks will still appreciate it, as even when it doesn't have the top-end sizzle, it is very well-extended on both ends.
Someone graciously offered but I had to turn it down due to lack of spare time. I'll try and get my hands on it next year. I like R-50 but even that review has been delayed for months already .Quote:
Answered your PM.Quote:Originally Posted by chipstjuven
Maybe a difficult question - but how do the Yamaha EPH100s compare to the Brainwavz HM5/Fischer Audio FA-003 in terms of sound signature? I know those cans are full-sized, but I desperately need to find a full-sized, well-isolationg headphone that can hold a candle to the Yams; they just have such a satisfying sound sig.
I only heard the FA-003 briefly something like 2 years ago so I don't think I can be of much help there. For what it's worth someone else asked for a EPH-100 competitor in headphone form and I recommended the V-Moda M-80. Maybe the M-100 is worth looking at as far as full-size cans go.Quote:
It is and it isn't. Because it's a lower-end product, the RE2's frequency response is less extended and skewed in favor of the treble and away from the bass, resulting a brighter sound. The RE0 is more balanced, more refined, and more neutral in tone. If you like the RE2 you probably will like the RE0 and RE-ZERO as well but they are not an exact signature match.
Edited by ljokerl - 11/21/12 at 9:24pmpost #8800 of 1589511/22/12 at 7:15ampost #8801 of 1589511/22/12 at 11:53amThread Starter
It's been years since I've had an RE0 and a while since I sold my last HF5 for the ER4. I don't think I can or should attempt a comparison from memory as they are both balanced and neutral-sounding earphones with more similarities than differences. If you already own the HF5 (which I think you do) I probably wouldn't bother with the RE0. The ZERO, maybe.post #8802 of 1589511/22/12 at 9:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
It's been years since I've had an RE0 and a while since I sold my last HF5 for the ER4. I don't think I can or should attempt a comparison from memory as they are both balanced and neutral-sounding earphones with more similarities than differences. If you already own the HF5 (which I think you do) I probably wouldn't bother with the RE0. The ZERO, maybe.
Well then how do the re-zero compare with the hf5 since head-direct have them back in stock now?post #8803 of 1589511/23/12 at 12:06amThread StarterQuote:
Still pretty similar, the ZERO has more of a dynamic-driver note presentation with softer, rounder notes. It sounds a little fuller and smoother and more mid-forward (and just more forward overall) while the Etys are more crisp, a bit less forgiving up top, and to my ears clearer.post #8804 of 1589511/23/12 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Still pretty similar, the ZERO has more of a dynamic-driver note presentation with softer, rounder notes. It sounds a little fuller and smoother and more mid-forward (and just more forward overall) while the Etys are more crisp, a bit less forgiving up top, and to my ears clearer.
Head-direct ran out of re-zero again, I'll probably never get a chance to purchase them, I guess I will be saving up for a more expensive iem then, anyway thanks for the comparison.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › Discussion for next Florida meet 2015 3 seconds ago
- › Aune B1 USA Tour Application thread 1 minute ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 1 minute ago
- › The Tera player thread - All your questions answered ! 2 minutes ago
- › iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 4 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2