- 4,775 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 4/28/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
This is a wonderful little tube amplifier for the price. I paid only $59 for the amp and it was in perfect condition with a new Electro-Harmonix 6922 tube. The tube itself runs about $15, so the...
INTRODUCTION Altone250 U.S. Tour Being an Altone200 fan, I was quite excited to hear that T-PEOS was updating their IEM lineup with a new Altone series based on feedback received from the H300...
Intro (Kind of) The Westone W30 is one of several IEMs in Westone's newly revamped universal IEM collection, intended as a removable-cable replacement to the older W3. For those of you who are...
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057) - Page 587post #8791 of 1584811/21/12 at 10:17amThe R50 was pretty boring to me. C-span is more exciting.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8792 of 1584811/21/12 at 11:18ampost #8793 of 1584811/21/12 at 11:20ampost #8794 of 1584811/21/12 at 11:29am
Maybe a difficult question - but how do the Yamaha EPH100s compare to the Brainwavz HM5/Fischer Audio FA-003 in terms of sound signature? I know those cans are full-sized, but I desperately need to find a full-sized, well-isolationg headphone that can hold a candle to the Yams; they just have such a satisfying sound sig.post #8795 of 1584811/21/12 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by AstralStorm
Well, RE-ZERO is as much direct upgrade over RE0 as they come. The other IEMs of the line are somewhat sideway treks, even RE272, which is the closest. Still, I bet you'd get more mileage out of custom tips for RE0 than from RE-ZERO alone. Or perhaps combine both ideas
It's one of a kind IEM...
I still have the old RE2 from few years agol, and still love them. Is the RE0 a direct evolution ?
Edited by musiclife - 12/3/12 at 4:43pmpost #8796 of 1584811/21/12 at 12:05pmpost #8797 of 1584811/21/12 at 2:53pmpost #8798 of 1584811/21/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
I have the PFE 112 and I'm waiting for my 75 ohm adaptar to arrive, so, if you with, I can post my impressions (I still have to wait the mail service to deliver it).post #8799 of 1584811/21/12 at 7:24pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Someone should really send one your way. IMHO, it's bar-none one of the best values around. Period. In my view, it definitely rivals the R-50 in terms of value. The R-50 won't ingratiate itself to everyone, while the BA200 will definitely appeal to a wider audience, while accuracy-minded folks will still appreciate it, as even when it doesn't have the top-end sizzle, it is very well-extended on both ends.
Someone graciously offered but I had to turn it down due to lack of spare time. I'll try and get my hands on it next year. I like R-50 but even that review has been delayed for months already .Quote:
Answered your PM.Quote:Originally Posted by chipstjuven
Maybe a difficult question - but how do the Yamaha EPH100s compare to the Brainwavz HM5/Fischer Audio FA-003 in terms of sound signature? I know those cans are full-sized, but I desperately need to find a full-sized, well-isolationg headphone that can hold a candle to the Yams; they just have such a satisfying sound sig.
I only heard the FA-003 briefly something like 2 years ago so I don't think I can be of much help there. For what it's worth someone else asked for a EPH-100 competitor in headphone form and I recommended the V-Moda M-80. Maybe the M-100 is worth looking at as far as full-size cans go.Quote:
It is and it isn't. Because it's a lower-end product, the RE2's frequency response is less extended and skewed in favor of the treble and away from the bass, resulting a brighter sound. The RE0 is more balanced, more refined, and more neutral in tone. If you like the RE2 you probably will like the RE0 and RE-ZERO as well but they are not an exact signature match.
Edited by ljokerl - 11/21/12 at 9:24pmpost #8800 of 1584811/22/12 at 7:15ampost #8801 of 1584811/22/12 at 11:53amThread Starter
It's been years since I've had an RE0 and a while since I sold my last HF5 for the ER4. I don't think I can or should attempt a comparison from memory as they are both balanced and neutral-sounding earphones with more similarities than differences. If you already own the HF5 (which I think you do) I probably wouldn't bother with the RE0. The ZERO, maybe.post #8802 of 1584811/22/12 at 9:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
It's been years since I've had an RE0 and a while since I sold my last HF5 for the ER4. I don't think I can or should attempt a comparison from memory as they are both balanced and neutral-sounding earphones with more similarities than differences. If you already own the HF5 (which I think you do) I probably wouldn't bother with the RE0. The ZERO, maybe.
Well then how do the re-zero compare with the hf5 since head-direct have them back in stock now?post #8803 of 1584811/23/12 at 12:06amThread StarterQuote:
Still pretty similar, the ZERO has more of a dynamic-driver note presentation with softer, rounder notes. It sounds a little fuller and smoother and more mid-forward (and just more forward overall) while the Etys are more crisp, a bit less forgiving up top, and to my ears clearer.post #8804 of 1584811/23/12 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Still pretty similar, the ZERO has more of a dynamic-driver note presentation with softer, rounder notes. It sounds a little fuller and smoother and more mid-forward (and just more forward overall) while the Etys are more crisp, a bit less forgiving up top, and to my ears clearer.
Head-direct ran out of re-zero again, I'll probably never get a chance to purchase them, I guess I will be saving up for a more expensive iem then, anyway thanks for the comparison.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 20 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 4 minutes ago
- › AMP/DAC Really Necessary for Quality Sound with Low-Ohm... 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 4 minutes ago
- › WTB:McIntosh MHP1000 & ATH L3000 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIOTRAK Prodigy CUBE External USB Sound Card by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2