- 4,799 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Hotlanta
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057) - Page 587post #8791 of 1589211/21/12 at 10:17amThe R50 was pretty boring to me. C-span is more exciting.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8792 of 1589211/21/12 at 11:18ampost #8793 of 1589211/21/12 at 11:20ampost #8794 of 1589211/21/12 at 11:29am
Maybe a difficult question - but how do the Yamaha EPH100s compare to the Brainwavz HM5/Fischer Audio FA-003 in terms of sound signature? I know those cans are full-sized, but I desperately need to find a full-sized, well-isolationg headphone that can hold a candle to the Yams; they just have such a satisfying sound sig.post #8795 of 1589211/21/12 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by AstralStorm
Well, RE-ZERO is as much direct upgrade over RE0 as they come. The other IEMs of the line are somewhat sideway treks, even RE272, which is the closest. Still, I bet you'd get more mileage out of custom tips for RE0 than from RE-ZERO alone. Or perhaps combine both ideas
It's one of a kind IEM...
I still have the old RE2 from few years agol, and still love them. Is the RE0 a direct evolution ?
Edited by musiclife - 12/3/12 at 4:43pmpost #8796 of 1589211/21/12 at 12:05pmpost #8797 of 1589211/21/12 at 2:53pmpost #8798 of 1589211/21/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
I have the PFE 112 and I'm waiting for my 75 ohm adaptar to arrive, so, if you with, I can post my impressions (I still have to wait the mail service to deliver it).post #8799 of 1589211/21/12 at 7:24pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Someone should really send one your way. IMHO, it's bar-none one of the best values around. Period. In my view, it definitely rivals the R-50 in terms of value. The R-50 won't ingratiate itself to everyone, while the BA200 will definitely appeal to a wider audience, while accuracy-minded folks will still appreciate it, as even when it doesn't have the top-end sizzle, it is very well-extended on both ends.
Someone graciously offered but I had to turn it down due to lack of spare time. I'll try and get my hands on it next year. I like R-50 but even that review has been delayed for months already .Quote:
Answered your PM.Quote:Originally Posted by chipstjuven
Maybe a difficult question - but how do the Yamaha EPH100s compare to the Brainwavz HM5/Fischer Audio FA-003 in terms of sound signature? I know those cans are full-sized, but I desperately need to find a full-sized, well-isolationg headphone that can hold a candle to the Yams; they just have such a satisfying sound sig.
I only heard the FA-003 briefly something like 2 years ago so I don't think I can be of much help there. For what it's worth someone else asked for a EPH-100 competitor in headphone form and I recommended the V-Moda M-80. Maybe the M-100 is worth looking at as far as full-size cans go.Quote:
It is and it isn't. Because it's a lower-end product, the RE2's frequency response is less extended and skewed in favor of the treble and away from the bass, resulting a brighter sound. The RE0 is more balanced, more refined, and more neutral in tone. If you like the RE2 you probably will like the RE0 and RE-ZERO as well but they are not an exact signature match.
Edited by ljokerl - 11/21/12 at 9:24pmpost #8800 of 1589211/22/12 at 7:15ampost #8801 of 1589211/22/12 at 11:53amThread Starter
It's been years since I've had an RE0 and a while since I sold my last HF5 for the ER4. I don't think I can or should attempt a comparison from memory as they are both balanced and neutral-sounding earphones with more similarities than differences. If you already own the HF5 (which I think you do) I probably wouldn't bother with the RE0. The ZERO, maybe.post #8802 of 1589211/22/12 at 9:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
It's been years since I've had an RE0 and a while since I sold my last HF5 for the ER4. I don't think I can or should attempt a comparison from memory as they are both balanced and neutral-sounding earphones with more similarities than differences. If you already own the HF5 (which I think you do) I probably wouldn't bother with the RE0. The ZERO, maybe.
Well then how do the re-zero compare with the hf5 since head-direct have them back in stock now?post #8803 of 1589211/23/12 at 12:06amThread StarterQuote:
Still pretty similar, the ZERO has more of a dynamic-driver note presentation with softer, rounder notes. It sounds a little fuller and smoother and more mid-forward (and just more forward overall) while the Etys are more crisp, a bit less forgiving up top, and to my ears clearer.post #8804 of 1589211/23/12 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Still pretty similar, the ZERO has more of a dynamic-driver note presentation with softer, rounder notes. It sounds a little fuller and smoother and more mid-forward (and just more forward overall) while the Etys are more crisp, a bit less forgiving up top, and to my ears clearer.
Head-direct ran out of re-zero again, I'll probably never get a chance to purchase them, I guess I will be saving up for a more expensive iem then, anyway thanks for the comparison.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 6 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Underpass: Solution to or Cause of Traffic...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)