Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057) - Page 1060

post #15886 of 15896

I wonder why somebody hasn't made an adapter (is it possible) for Apple compatible phones to work with Android?

post #15887 of 15896
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapX629 View Post
 


I think you'd like the CKR9 from Audio Technica. It's a very similar overall sound to the GR07, but with more subbass, less sibilance, and a much improved soundstage. The midrange is more forward as well making them a bit less recessed than the GR07 (not that I ever had issue with the GR07's detailed mids). The CKR9 was that GR07 on steroids that I was looking for and I'm still blown away by the resolution, depth, control, and detail that I hear when I listen to it. 

Thanks ZapX629! Sounds interesting ... possible to try

post #15888 of 15896
I've decided I'll just spend a bunch (compared to my current $55 VSD3S) and go with a very entry level CIEM for around 250-300 ish but now the T20 pops up? Some Sony BA's and Dunu's caught my eye as well. Much more strong choices in that price range :/
post #15889 of 15896
Quote:
Originally Posted by signmeuptoo View Post
 EyuiOL-8ff.jpg

I wonder why somebody hasn't made an adapter (is it possible) for Apple compatible phones to work with Android?

 

It has been done already a quick google search and you'll find a lot of options!

post #15890 of 15896
Thank you for this amazing resource, Joker. So much hard work!!

Do you have any plans on reviewing the Sony XBA-A3?
post #15891 of 15896
@ljokerl any news you might have on wireless iem's around GR07BE/Rockets/DN1000 in performance?
post #15892 of 15896
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovatedMind View Post

Thank you for this amazing resource, Joker. So much hard work!!

Do you have any plans on reviewing the Sony XBA-A3?

 

No A3. I have the XBA-Z5 but it's more of a basshead IEM so I'm not sure I will review it. Not something I'd buy for $700, personally. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

@ljokerl any news you might have on wireless iem's around GR07BE/Rockets/DN1000 in performance?

 

Haven't tried anything like that. The best wireless IEM I have is the Sony SBH80, but that basically sounds like the Sony MH1C.

post #15893 of 15896

This might be not the right thread but I'm curious if you guys know of an IEM that sounds similar to the Angie that's around or below that price. Preferably a universal!

post #15894 of 15896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjacq View Post
 

This might be not the right thread but I'm curious if you guys know of an IEM that sounds similar to the Angie that's around or below that price. Preferably a universal!


Not a Universal, but one of the best CIEMs I have heard, at a really great price, the Alclair RSMs.

 

post #15895 of 15896

Hi Joker!

 

Thank you so much for the kick-ass reviews. I am looking for an upgrade ciem to replace my TF10. I'm a big fan of that type of analytical sound signature, just wondering how is the Alclair Reference falls into this category? Other than that, what are some other ciems have the similar sound signature close to TF10. Or I should say like a super ungrade version of TF10. Thanks!!!

 

Bty, have ever reviewed some other first-tier ciems like UM Mentor, UM Mason, ES60, JH Angie, JH Layla, UE18, Ambient Acoustics AM10. Really, really looking forward to see those if possible.   : )


Edited by Penghao - Today at 1:34 am
post #15896 of 15896
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penghao View Post
 

Hi Joker!

 

Thank you so much for the kick-ass reviews. I am looking for an upgrade ciem to replace my TF10. I'm a big fan of that type of analytical sound signature, just wondering how is the Alclair Reference falls into this category? Other than that, what are some other ciems have the similar sound signature close to TF10. Or I should say like a super ungrade version of TF10. Thanks!!!

 

Bty, have ever reviewed some other first-tier ciems like UM Mentor, UM Mason, ES60, JH Angie, JH Layla, UE18, Ambient Acoustics AM10. Really, really looking forward to see those if possible.   : )

 

All of the top-tier IEMs I currently have are reviewed in this thread with the exception of the Heir Audio 8.A, Westone ES5, and Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro. 

 

For analytical, slightly v-shaped sound the Reference would be a good choice if you're limited to that price range. If you're open to spending more I would also look at the 1964EARS V6-Stage. More $$ than that - the Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro or even the JHAudio JH13.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057)