Joker, if one already has the Fidelio S1 and the S2 can be had for a similar price, do you think it's worth it? Is it really an upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 5/16/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Introduction The A83 have been on my wish list for a while now, saw them at a reasonable price so thought why not snatch them up. So here we are I finally have the lovelies plugged into my ears...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour, this is my first time listening to high end DAP! Introduction I...
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057) - Page 843post #12631 of 158891/14/14 at 8:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12632 of 158891/14/14 at 10:29amQuote:
its noticeable if you put a good earphone to work , or something with a spark in its treble , most of the time they lose the treble in the air , but if you dont love treble they can be good , some thing like a bit more premium will do good , may be a sony mw1 to be the least expensive and is best for the price , but still a mw1 wont get you a sq even with a er-p4 over 8.0 , for me , cuz to me cutting off the treble is the 2nd worst thing . but if you can do with that , go get one , it will save you from some hassle .post #12633 of 158891/14/14 at 7:42pmThread StarterQuote:
I generally like Audio-Technica IEMs but unfortunately no plans to do those yet. And as far as I could tell Audio-Technica has no plans to officially bring them to the US .Quote:Originally Posted by AgentJ
One last question - how much better are the JVCs compared to the AM800?
Also just found out today that I have infact been using an EQ on my phone, and when turned off, the AM800 actually sound a tad better than I had previously thought, and bass wise they're not as lacking as I once thought.
Actually, another question - a bluetooth adapter for the headphones wont affect SQ, will it?
Not too different, a little bassier and with slightly more “withdrawn” lower mids and a bit more clarity and resolution all around.
I haven't tried an APT-X bluetooth adapter yet. The cheap ones I have tried did degrade the sound.Quote:
O_O You heard the new Senns?
And yeah, the TF10 is great...I would kill to get one in a Shure or new Westone housing with MMXC connector. I've heard people say that the new W series sound different and I'm incredibly curious to see the difference, if there is one, between W3 and W30; if they've even managed to tame the midbass by a few dB, I will be waiting very patiently for the price to drop (or to see a used one in the FS section :P).
I got to try the Momentums as well as their new DJ series (HD6/7/8) and of course the high-end stuff that they always have. I wasn’t too interested in their flagships as I’ve already tried those. Writing up my brief Senn impressions now – they’ll be CES Thoughts Part 3.Quote:
Not really – the only time I’d recommend “upgrading” from S1 to S2 is if their signature makes them your end-all, favorite IEMs. Otherwise one is pretty much as good as the other, at least in terms of sound.post #12634 of 158891/14/14 at 7:45pmQuote:
I agree with this, bought the IM70 and was very very impressed. The clarity, bass quality and quantity was enough to put a big smile on my face
For about $110 it's a better option for people who wants the clarity of the RE-400 but with more bass imo.post #12635 of 158891/14/14 at 7:53pmQuote:
This is good to know, since it looks increasingly like the TDK BA200 may be being discontinued. (I debated buying them after reading Joker's impressions.)post #12636 of 158891/14/14 at 9:09pmpost #12637 of 158891/15/14 at 11:19amQuote:
It does look good, but I'll have to find an alternative if it's likely that it'll degrade sound quality.Quote:
This is actually going to be my last question - would you say the JVCs are actually worth getting?
I was hoping to be able to resell the AM800s to a friend, and then getting the upgrade for £10, but then he went and bought some Beats -_-post #12638 of 158891/15/14 at 8:32pmThread StarterQuote:
Well you asked for something with a mic - the JVCs are definitely worth getting if you need a mic. Otherwise, considering you like the AM-800s, might as well just stick with those.post #12639 of 158891/15/14 at 11:33pmThread Starter
Part 2 of my CES 2014 impressions, featuring Audio-Technica, STAX, Beyerdynamic, and Polk Audio, is now posted at http://theheadphonelist.com/ces-2014-headphone-coverage-part-2-audio-technica-stax-beyerdynamic-and-more/
*Audio-Technica’s new Sonic Fuel sport earphones fit securely, sound good, and are priced right
*The ATH-W1000X is among the most gorgeous headphones I've ever seen
*The STAX booth provided some much-needed high fidelity after two days of overblown bass. The SR-009 especially blew me away.
*Beyerdynamic’s Custom One Pro is a solidly-built option for bass fans
*FiiO’s X5 is an impressive piece of kit. E18 “Kunlun” Android DAC wouldn’t work with my Nexus 5
*Polk Audio’s new Heritage Collection features unique aesthetics and the Nue Voe BA earphones sounded promising
Full version with pictures and such can be found here.post #12640 of 158891/16/14 at 1:16am
just got my xba-h1 , , and no they are not big , man xb90ex is big , not these , for now , nice isolation , good bass , i can feel the precision of a balanced armature and decay of a dynamic driver , three differences from xba-3 i instantly recognized is better and wider sound-stage , more bass presence but not as deep for now ( got it 30 mins ago ) , mids are more prominent .
the new harder foam stuffing is really nice , and this time they are glued to the rubber entirely , and man , i love red , they look nice , i havent tried them till now . has a cable adjuster , i dont need it at all , and the new cable clip is far better , way easy to get the wire inside it and is way safer then the last gen cable clip . sony should have supplied it with a better pouch , but its okay . something like xb90ex would have done the trick though .
see , they are not huge .
Edited by suman134 - 1/16/14 at 1:23ampost #12641 of 158891/16/14 at 1:18amQuote:
did you tried the ckx9 ?post #12642 of 158891/16/14 at 1:36ampost #12643 of 158891/16/14 at 7:14amQuote:
Now you see the reasoning behind the last line in my sig. :)post #12644 of 158891/16/14 at 4:27pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 337 IEMs compared (NHT SuperBuds added 05/05/15 p. 1057)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 13 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 31 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 46 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 56 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2