Cool, I'll look into that. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: Today
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Multi-IEM Review - 333 IEMs compared (UBSOUND Fighter added 02/21/15 p. 1039) - Page 835post #12511 of 1559912/31/13 at 7:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12512 of 1559912/31/13 at 11:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
With those IEMs you should get a pretty good idea of what you're looking at with just the stock tips.
I can't provide any feedback on most of the sets you're considering. The only ones I have heard are the 1964-V3, Westone UM3X, and the Cardas. I thought the Cardas was lacking in clarity for the price and can't recommend it at all. It's still sitting in my desk. The 1964-V3 has borderline basshead bass and doesn't seem like it would be a good fit for you, especially coming from an SE210. In that price range the Alclair Reference would be the custom I'd recommend but I still don't think it's a great fit for you. The SE535 would work better for you than all of those, although I haven't heard the SE535 SE.
From your requirements I would also suggest the StageDiver SD-2, which is not unlike the SE535 except that I didn't have as many nitpicks with its treble. It doesn't really have enhanced bass, but no less than the SE535. The mids are not forward, but not recessed either. Treble isn't bright and doesn't have too much sparkle, but again it's better than the SE535 I heard in that respect. Other than these reservations it ticks all of your boxes.
Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, been away without a laptop for the last few days. Thanks for the response & recommendations! Really appreciate it mate.
I've had a look into the SD-2 & it does seem rather intriguing based on your review as well as others - certainly a strong contender next to the SE535 SE. It is the priciest option though, so I'm determined to find out how it measures up against the SE535 SE & some of the others before I make a final decision. How would you say it compares to the W4/W4R, as that was an option that I was initially considering? Following some more extensive research, I decided that the bass might not be quite fast & responsive enough for what I'm looking for straight out of the box, along with a lot of comments about it being somewhat 'flat' in a sense & was led to believe I would need an amp to really appreciate it's unique signature.
Also, how would you rate those the SD-2 & W4 against higher end custom models such as the 1964EARS V6 & Unique Melody Miracle purely in terms of sound quality since you've tried them as well?
Cheerspost #12513 of 1559912/31/13 at 11:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by ericr
Hope you don't mind my jumping in here. Reading your explanation of what you're looking for I would recommend you give the Earsonics SM64 serious consideration. Joker rated them highly and you can read the various comments I've made by doing a search on my user name.
Hey man no worries, thanks for the input! Really appreciate any & all info, advice & recommendations that I can get at the moment.
I did consider the SM3 V2 intially, but heard that the SM64 isn't necessarily a marked improvement for some. But it definitely gets plenty of good reviews & your comments only prove as further reinforcement of it's abilities. I may possibly have overlooked it a little.
Have you by any chance tried out or owned the Shure SE535 SE, InEar StageDiver SD-2, Westone W4 or 1964EARS Q such that you could give me a comparison of the SM64 to any of those?
Cheerspost #12514 of 155991/1/14 at 12:03amThread Starter
I guess we're among the last to reach the new year here in California.
Just want to wish everything a healthy, happy, and prosperous 2014 filled with great music!post #12515 of 155991/1/14 at 12:09amQuote:
Happy 2014 to you to |joker|!post #12516 of 155991/1/14 at 1:00am
Happy New year to you too!
Can't believe its only been 4 years since this:Quote:Originally Posted by ljokerl (5/9/09)
Thanks a lot for the comprehensive guide!
I'm pretty new here and only on my 2nd set of IEM's. This guide had pretty much everything I wanted to know (and sume stuff I didn't know I wanted).
to this :
Multi-IEM Review - 307 IEMs compared : Portables Reviewerus Prolificus"
Thank god for your long commutes
Thank you from us all Mike!
What have been the highlights this year for 'you'? (iems, headphones, music)
Edited by getclikinagas - 1/1/14 at 1:02ampost #12517 of 155991/1/14 at 1:51amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
I agree with Pastapipo, for me 192kbps is the minimum. 320 is really rather good, especially for hip-hop, and I don't mind 320kbps files at all, especially on the go.
Also, I missed the mic requirement. In that case you might also want to consider the new JVC FRD80. It's the mic/remote version of the FXD80. Seems to be pretty cheap on ebay at the moment.
The Fidelios have more bass than the Flux Pro. It's the regular (non-pro) Flux that's the bassier SteelSeries earphones.
I think it's a natural progression. Highly compressed mp3s were a concession caused by expensive digital storage and low internet bandwidths/speeds, even in the mainstream. Now we are course-correcting back to less compressed audio as low-bitrate files are becoming less common all around.
Sorry, as far as I know I've never even been in the same room as an AH-C300.
Thanks for your reply and happy new year to you. Alright so I checked out the FXD80 and they seem promising based on your review. They are definately within my price range but can i trust ordering from ebay? I see most of those sellers are based in China so im afraid of cheap pirated copies...
Secondly, which would you say would suit me best Yamaha 100-SL or JVC FRD80 ? both has a mic it seems but I wonder if im able to order either of them from manufacturers website or something?
I guess i forgot to add that im striving for that full and richness sound so by what I read the Yamaha seem to be the better choice if im not wrong?post #12518 of 155991/1/14 at 3:30ampost #12519 of 155991/1/14 at 6:28am
One more kick of the can, anyone can feel free to chime in...
What iems, custom or universal, that has the tonal balance and character of the LCD-3 at these price points...
$1600post #12520 of 155991/1/14 at 6:38am
Tried the Westone TruFit tips with my Brainwavz B's and they're good, don't get me wrong, but I didn't quite enjoy them and found them difficult to get a good fit/seal so they're consigned to the back burner for the moment (may self-mod them to see if I can make them more usable for me).
The Comply tips that they use are the 100 Series. I've had the T-series before and the B2's came with a set of T-100's which are good but I am wondering whether the Tx-100 versions would be worth the extra cash. They only seem to offer a small wax guard over the standard T-100's.
Any opinions on the T Vs the Tx Complys? Main concern is any change in sound from the wax guard. If that's fine, secondary concern would be "apart from the wax guard, what else does my extra money buy me?",
Many thanks!post #12521 of 155991/1/14 at 6:41ampost #12522 of 155991/1/14 at 3:39pmpost #12523 of 155991/1/14 at 4:16pmQuote:
It's not impossible, try Amazon.compost #12524 of 155991/1/14 at 5:12pmpost #12525 of 155991/1/14 at 5:24pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 333 IEMs compared (UBSOUND Fighter added 02/21/15 p. 1039)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 26 seconds ago
- › How to organize your own meet - General advice thread 28 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3