Yeah good point...I prefer clean, impactful bass, forward, intimate mids, and non-fatiguing treble with low sibilance. Good separation and imaging. A wide soundstage. A warmish sound signature.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Headphone Buying GuideLast edited: 12/22/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Multi-IEM Review - 333 IEMs compared (UBSOUND Fighter added 02/21/15 p. 1039) - Page 699post #10471 of 155976/1/13 at 10:22pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10472 of 155976/1/13 at 10:25pmQuote:
Based on reviews from many source, the H-200 is very close to wait you're asking for, but there is also the BA200. I know that ljokerl will have better suggestions. :3
Edited by Niyologist - 6/1/13 at 11:22pmpost #10473 of 155976/1/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
The BA200 hits mostly all of those points except soundstage width. It's a very satisfying soundstage, well rounded with height and very good depth, but just good width. It's enveloping without being congested and closed in at all.
I don't know if it's the best under 300 but it's absolutely easy to recommend under 200. Hopefully others can chime in.post #10474 of 155976/1/13 at 11:45pmpost #10475 of 155976/2/13 at 12:01am
I've owned the BA200 & (currently own) the H-200. Both are terrific phones. While some here have found the H-200 to have forward mids; to my ears, they're positioned quite neutrally in that I wouldn't consider them forward or recessed. The BA200's mids are, relative to the H-200's mids, more forward & warmer in tone.
I found the midrange on both phones to be quite smooth & euphonic. The BA200's mids are a bit more analog-sounding (reminiscent of the dusty warmth some vinyl rigs tend to emphasize) while the H-200's mids are more tonally neutral and clean. Separation & imaging are excellent between both phones. The BA200 might get the edge in soundstage width. but both phones have excellent depth (probably on par with each other). That being said, I don't find the H-200 to sound particularly constrained. In fact, it seems to be able to throw a pretty wide stage.. depending on what the recording (quality) offers up (as well as what you upstream gear is capable of).
The H-200 is a tad brighter than the BA200.. but neither phone's signature seems predisposed to sibilance (unless, again, your source files serve it up). The BA200 is probably the safer choice between the two.. but I don't think gambling on the H-200 for this aspect is risky at all. One thing to consider is that the BA200 needs a deep fit to attain it's intended signature. It's not Etymotic deep.. but it's close. The H-200 can get its groove on with a comparatively shallower fit. The H-200 is bulkier, relative to the sleek, svelte BA200, so if you anticipate using either of these phones during (even) moderate physical activity, the BA200 might be the better choice.
I think both the BA200 & H-200 would fit your needs in terms of sound.. but the BA200 might suit you better since you explicitly stated that you wanted something with a 'warmer' sound.post #10476 of 155976/2/13 at 12:03amThread StarterQuote:
After fishing my VC02 left driver from under my desk for 2nd time this week, I tend to agree. The VSonic GR01 didn't have a detachable cable either. Still unclear on what the difference is supposed to be between that and the VC1000.Quote:
I tried a 1.1 rev shortly. Seemed to be lacking in treble so I didn't really give it another go. Out of what I have heard at length your description sounds like a Sennheiser IE8 (not much for the intimate mids, but everything else), Yamaha EPH-100 (soundstage is not that wide but it has good layering; treble is not super-smooth but avoids harshness and sibilance), and Earsonics SM2 (again, not that wide but nicely 3-dimensional. No harshness/sibilance). I am lacking hands-on experience with the BA200 and many other sets that are popular these days. The market is simply too crowded to keep up with.post #10477 of 155976/2/13 at 2:16ampost #10478 of 155976/2/13 at 3:10am
Because the DJ's tend to put their headphones on and take them off frequently, for example when queuing tracks, monitoring or mastering.
Doing that with IEMs would be a massive chore and rather uncomfortable.post #10479 of 155976/2/13 at 4:51amQuote:
15 year experienced DJ here. I've used headphones for the past 14 years. Tried out IEMs with the Xone92. Perfection. My mixes have been coming out even better! It's not the norm to use IEMs, but more and more DJs are using them!post #10480 of 155976/2/13 at 5:51ampost #10481 of 155976/2/13 at 6:39ampost #10482 of 155976/2/13 at 7:46am
Iv been using a pair of VSonic GR02 Bass Edition for over a year. Though I really loved the set overall, I really felt it lacking in the bass department. Didnt quite "Feel" the punch/thump much with these. Now that they have developed an issue (the left bud keeps shutting down all the time, starts working when I tweak the plug. That obviously does not work when I am on the move, and even when I am stationary, I have to keep tweaking it from time to time), I figured I might have to upgrade soon. So I dont have a very big budget (say about INR 5000 ~ USD 100 tops after extending my budget as much as I possibly can), and I am in India, so options are limited too, kind of. I havent been able to figure out the additional cost (customs/taxes/duties) of importing sets. So I need advice on which set to go in for next. As I had said, I really loved the GR02 BEs, except for the bass, which was actually what I had been looking for when I purchased them. So I want something similar overall, with a lot more bass. And they have to be durable too, hate to spend so much on a set and have it breaking on me. I am not a very rough user per se, but still. Some of the names from the top of my head are (In no specific order of preference, and in no way am I limited to these):
> Brainwavz M5/M2/ProAlpha (dont know whether this would be an upgrade or not)
> Fischer Audio. Now im confused between 3 of their sets, Eterna, Silver Bullets, and Consonance.
> Shure SE215
> Meelectronics M11+/M21
> SoundMagic E10
> Audio Technica CKM500
> Anything Else
Edited by HeadHoncho - 6/2/13 at 8:10ampost #10483 of 155976/2/13 at 7:52am
The seller ships from Guangzhou, China, so it could be a knock off. Chinese sellers sell many knock offs on ebay for a reduced price, like fake badminton rackets and such. I guess you can take a chance if you think the reward outweighs the risks here.post #10484 of 155976/2/13 at 7:55ampost #10485 of 155976/2/13 at 9:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Amitl
do you guys think this is fake?
Ships from China at a too good to be true price...I would not touch it, personally.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 333 IEMs compared (UBSOUND Fighter added 02/21/15 p. 1039)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Buying Guide
- › Chord Hugo 7 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 26 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 34 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › St. Louis Meet: Saturday, March 7th 2015 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3