Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 330 IEMs compared (Rock Jaw Alfa Genus added 12/25/14 p. 1021)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 330 IEMs compared (Rock Jaw Alfa Genus added 12/25/14 p. 1021) - Page 733

post #10981 of 15322

RE-400's.

post #10982 of 15322
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwien View Post

RE-400's.

+1

post #10983 of 15322

Another vote for the RE-400 here.

post #10984 of 15322

Yet another vote for dem 400s.

 

Looks like it's unanimous.

post #10985 of 15322
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Hi joker

Would you happen to know the driver used inside the klipsch x10i by any chance please?

Thanks

 

One of the Klipsch KG drivers. I was under the impression Sonion manufactured them but I can't remember where I got that idea.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyls View Post

Hi,

 

I'm extremely new to IEMs and am looking to buy one for around 130 dollars max. I've been looking at the Brainwavz B2, Re--400, a-jays(the five is coming out soon, should I wait for that one do you think?), Shure 215 and audio technicas, and the velodyne vpulse. 

 

I like to listen to rap(jayz, kanye), all the pop songs on the radio, rock(rhcp), alternative. I do like bass, but don't like it to be overpowering. 

 

What can you suggest?

 

thanks


Well, looks like everyone else thinks it should be the RE-400 wink.gif. I agree that it's a great earphone but my one concern would be its bass quantity - it's got a little more punch than the B2 you were also looking at but not nearly as much as the SE215 and vPulse, for example. The statement "I do like bass, but don't like it to be overpowering." is pretty vague - it could mean that you want enhanced bass but just not completely overblown (which would lead me away from recommending the RE-400) or that you are okay with a balanced-sounding earphone as long as it's not bass-deficient (which would make the RE-400 a good choice). 

post #10986 of 15322

Hope it is okay to post again. XD After careful consideration and multiple threads, reviews, etc. I have thought about the following headphones:

 

Vsonic GR99 - Amazon

LG Quadbeat - Amazon [ Like Joker suggested. ]

Philips SHE3590 - Amazon

Donu Trident - Ebay

Vsonic GR02 - Ebay

VSonic R02 Silver - Ebay

Astrotec AM-90 - Ebay

 

The Ebay ones are from Lendmeurears. The reason I upped the budget alittle is due to the free shipping on the Ebay items. Out of all these, what do you think is the best deal? Comfort is a big deal for a small - medium size ears. Sound, I believe would be like Warm/Neutral/Balanced. Something that does not shake my head with the bass. =P Though I can enjoy it.

 

Thanks for helping!

post #10987 of 15322
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

 


Well, looks like everyone else thinks it should be the RE-400 wink.gif. I agree that it's a great earphone but my one concern would be its bass quantity - it's got a little more punch than the B2 you were also looking at but not nearly as much as the SE215 and vPulse, for example. The statement "I do like bass, but don't like it to be overpowering." is pretty vague - it could mean that you want enhanced bass but just not completely overblown (which would lead me away from recommending the RE-400) or that you are okay with a balanced-sounding earphone as long as it's not bass-deficient (which would make the RE-400 a good choice). 

Is there anything similar to the re400s that come with a remote/more accessories? It can be a little bit more expensive.

thanks

post #10988 of 15322
Philips fidelio s1 / s2. from what I have read so far, I would think that would fit the bill. You should check those out.
post #10989 of 15322

Had the S1 for a few days, loving it. It's a bit crisper and brighter than the RE400, so if you want that smooth relaxed vibe it might not be for you. 

post #10990 of 15322
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post

Hope it is okay to post again. XD After careful consideration and multiple threads, reviews, etc. I have thought about the following headphones:

 

Vsonic GR99 - Amazon

LG Quadbeat - Amazon [ Like Joker suggested. ]

Philips SHE3590 - Amazon

Donu Trident - Ebay

Vsonic GR02 - Ebay

VSonic R02 Silver - Ebay

Astrotec AM-90 - Ebay

 

The Ebay ones are from Lendmeurears. The reason I upped the budget alittle is due to the free shipping on the Ebay items. Out of all these, what do you think is the best deal? Comfort is a big deal for a small - medium size ears. Sound, I believe would be like Warm/Neutral/Balanced. Something that does not shake my head with the bass. =P Though I can enjoy it.

 

Thanks for helping!

 

I am not sure what I can add to what I've already written on these in this thread. I can't tell you which signature you'll like best but I think they all represent a great value (which seems to be the criterion by which you chose them). The safest ones to get would probably be the GR99 or Quadbeat as their signatures are quite likable and fit your requirements. For the Quadbeat you'll probably want to grab an aftermarket tip set as well.

 

Quadbeat ($27): http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Special-Red-Edition-QuadBeat-LG-optimus-G-Premium-EarPhone-BLACK-HSS-F420-/171076931198?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item27d4face7e

4-piece tip set (~$7): http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-M2-M9-M11-M16-M21-M31-R1-N8-N9-SP51-Earphone-/140822041036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item20c9a5d1cc 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyls View Post

Is there anything similar to the re400s that come with a remote/more accessories? It can be a little bit more expensive.

thanks

 

Yep, Philips Fidelio S1. I agree with quartertone's assessment. 

post #10991 of 15322
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post


Yep, Philips Fidelio S1. I agree with quartertone's assessment. 

Just a small query, Joker. When you tried the S2/S1, did you notice slight sibilance and maybe a little sloppiness on overall bass? I just tried a brand new pair and that was what I noticed next to my well-burnt in pair. Never noticed it as I threw them into burn-in the instant they got here and left them for 3 days before actually listening to them.
post #10992 of 15322
Hi joker,
 
I'm just curious about your habit , do you use sometimes  the EQ on your DAP?  . As we know from your profile, one of your player is J3, which have a tons of preset EQs (IMO pretty good ones) .
 
I know the music isn't the same with EQ, but I'm also pretty sure that we'll never hear the same sound what the engineers wanted to 'tell'  us.
Portable or home systems the same .
I'm also sure that we have to enjoy the MUSIC comes from IEMs, HPs, speakers ... 
 
BTW are there any thread about this?
Thanks
post #10993 of 15322
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post  Would you happen to know the driver used inside the klipsch x10i by any chance please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post  One of the Klipsch KG drivers. I was under the impression Sonion manufactured them but I can't remember where I got that idea.

 

Yes, Klipsch always orders from Sonion. They've never worked with Knowles.

 

Outwardly, it's code-named the KG926, but that doesn't mean anything to anyone. In terms of form factor and electroacoustic properties (FR, impedance, THD pattern, etc.), it's most similar to the 26A005/8, but it may not be identical. If anything the KG926 is the progenitor to the 26A005/8, as it came to market earlier.

 

However, the Sleek Audio SA6/CT6 are confirmed to utilize the 26A005/8, and with some tweaks, the SA6 can be tuned to measure very similarly to the X10, with matching first and second resonance points, suggesting that the two share at least a similar driver family.

post #10994 of 15322
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Just a small query, Joker. When you tried the S2/S1, did you notice slight sibilance and maybe a little sloppiness on overall bass? I just tried a brand new pair and that was what I noticed next to my well-burnt in pair. Never noticed it as I threw them into burn-in the instant they got here and left them for 3 days before actually listening to them.

 

The units I have weren't brand new when I got them. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcsa View Post

Hi joker,
 
I'm just curious about your habit , do you use sometimes  the EQ on your DAP?  . As we know from your profile, one of your player is J3, which have a tons of preset EQs (IMO pretty good ones) .
 
I know the music isn't the same with EQ, but I'm also pretty sure that we'll never hear the same sound what the engineers wanted to 'tell'  us.
Portable or home systems the same .
I'm also sure that we have to enjoy the MUSIC comes from IEMs, HPs, speakers ... 
 
BTW are there any thread about this?
Thanks

 

I rarely use EQ - mostly when I'm trying to figure why a certain headphone's sound is bothering me. The Cowon has nice presets but the adjustable EQ could be better. I use a parametric EQ plug-in on my PC instead.

 

As for why I don't attempt to use the EQ for reviews - introducing the EQ as another variable would add more complexity to reviews than I wish to have at this time.

 

Yes, there are definitely threads dealing specifically with EQ.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

Yes, Klipsch always orders from Sonion. They've never worked with Knowles.

 

Outwardly, it's code-named the KG926, but that doesn't mean anything to anyone. In terms of form factor and electroacoustic properties (FR, impedance, THD pattern, etc.), it's most similar to the 26A005/8, but it may not be identical. If anything the KG926 is the progenitor to the 26A005/8, as it came to market earlier.

 

However, the Sleek Audio SA6/CT6 are confirmed to utilize the 26A005/8, and with some tweaks, the SA6 can be tuned to measure very similarly to the X10, with matching first and second resonance points, suggesting that the two share at least a similar driver family.


Thanks, good stuff.

post #10995 of 15322
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

Interesting that joker and ClieOs have both given the H-100 very favourable reviews, considering how much criticism it drew from some quarters. 

 

It's a shame that a couple of member's negative reviews (more like an inquisition) gave this model a bad reputation.  The H-100 is quite good (specially if you like sub-bass).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 330 IEMs compared (Rock Jaw Alfa Genus added 12/25/14 p. 1021)