Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added 12/02/14 p. 1008)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added 12/02/14 p. 1008) - Page 948

post #14206 of 15271
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylpol1 View Post
 

Sure hybrids could work

 

  most of the hybrids are not balanced , at least i dont know of any , and the only one with controls is xba-h3 .

post #14207 of 15271
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylpol1 View Post

Sure hybrids could work

Aye then, Altone200 priced $145(125+20 ems shipping) by T-Peos is the one for you. Pls see a user called syed's post that contain Joker's conclusion from his recent triple hybrids comparisons........in this same page(948) above.
post #14208 of 15271
And theres a tradeoff....like no mic/vol controls on these, (if you need) just like you wld expect from mid tiers & high ends IEMs,unless if its a detachable cable,like UE900 quad BAs for example.....
post #14209 of 15271

I decided getting the hf5


Edited by cylpol1 - 8/13/14 at 11:33pm
post #14210 of 15271
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylpol1 View Post
 

I decided getting the hf5 and I was wondering what size shure olives i should get for it

 

  hf3 , right , dont worry about the olives , i think mid size will fit good but , have i told you that these goes deep in the canal and with olives not that deep , large are too big for average users , still then you can squeeze it and put it inside , go for the size that you use with your other phones .

post #14211 of 15271

I'm looking for smallish IEMs in the sub 100$ price point as my old CX 400's plug is on it's last legs. I bought DT 880 Pros a few months ago and fell in love with their sound but I'd like something a tad warmer for my portable phones. So far I've looked at the HiFiMan RE-400s. What other pairs should I consider?

post #14212 of 15271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppopulla View Post
 

I'm looking for smallish IEMs in the sub 100$ price point as my old CX 400's plug is on it's last legs. I bought DT 880 Pros a few months ago and fell in love with their sound but I'd like something a tad warmer for my portable phones. So far I've looked at the HiFiMan RE-400s. What other pairs should I consider?

the good is a great option. 

also the ZA Tenore.

 

and if you want something micro-sized, there´s the Fidue A31s. super smallest thing

post #14213 of 15271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppopulla View Post
 

I'm looking for smallish IEMs in the sub 100$ price point as my old CX 400's plug is on it's last legs. I bought DT 880 Pros a few months ago and fell in love with their sound but I'd like something a tad warmer for my portable phones. So far I've looked at the HiFiMan RE-400s. What other pairs should I consider?

 

   you should try the ue600 and yes re-400 sure . bu the main problem is that , these phones lack the mid bass that cx-400 has . if you want that bass ma-750 will do good .

post #14214 of 15271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

The MA750i might be too bassy coming from a Noble, and not clear enough in the midrange. Treble should be fine but it's just not something I recommend for balanced sound. The Etys recommended above are a better bet - the HF3 has the Apple volume control on it. The FIdelio S2 doesn't have a volume control - its remote is just a 1-button. Another option would be the UE600vi - less expensive than the Etys and it's got a nice and smooth sound and superb performance for what should be not much money (they're about $60 here in the US). 

Seems I need to investigate the Etys then... Etymotic provided my first introduction to 'proper' iems probably over a decade ago now. Can't remember the exact model, but I do remember being disappointed by them given the reception they were being given in the press at the time, & I wasn't enamoured of the ear-raping insertion depth required to get a good seal (though snipping off the 3rd flange helped). As it turned out they weren't too well made either so didn't last long. T'was a long time ago though, so perhaps they've improved things. Worth a try.

The UE600vi are currently super cheap here at the moment - largely due, it would seem, to the exceptionally high number of reports of the cable failing at the jack - a great shame since their sonic capabilities appear to be universally applauded.

Many thanks for your input Joker - the resource you provide with The Headphone List is astounding, & that you're willing to field such a huge variety of individual questions even more so.
post #14215 of 15271
Quote:
Originally Posted by theUKMrT View Post


Seems I need to investigate the Etys then... Etymotic provided my first introduction to 'proper' iems probably over a decade ago now. Can't remember the exact model, but I do remember being disappointed by them given the reception they were being given in the press at the time, & I wasn't enamoured of the ear-raping insertion depth required to get a good seal (though snipping off the 3rd flange helped). As it turned out they weren't too well made either so didn't last long. T'was a long time ago though, so perhaps they've improved things. Worth a try.

The UE600vi are currently super cheap here at the moment - largely due, it would seem, to the exceptionally high number of reports of the cable failing at the jack - a great shame since their sonic capabilities appear to be universally applauded.

Many thanks for your input Joker - the resource you provide with The Headphone List is astounding, & that you're willing to field such a huge variety of individual questions even more so.

 

  get the shure olives .

post #14216 of 15271
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppopulla View Post
 

I'm looking for smallish IEMs in the sub 100$ price point as my old CX 400's plug is on it's last legs. I bought DT 880 Pros a few months ago and fell in love with their sound but I'd like something a tad warmer for my portable phones. So far I've looked at the HiFiMan RE-400s. What other pairs should I consider?

 

RE-400 has the same "limitation" as the UE600 mentioned above, it's not a mid-bass heavy earphone. You can consider the HiSoundAudio Crystal and SteelSeries Flux for a little more bass in a similarly compact form factor. Both are still pretty balanced, but a bit bassier than the RE-400. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theUKMrT View Post


Seems I need to investigate the Etys then... Etymotic provided my first introduction to 'proper' iems probably over a decade ago now. Can't remember the exact model, but I do remember being disappointed by them given the reception they were being given in the press at the time, & I wasn't enamoured of the ear-raping insertion depth required to get a good seal (though snipping off the 3rd flange helped). As it turned out they weren't too well made either so didn't last long. T'was a long time ago though, so perhaps they've improved things. Worth a try.

The UE600vi are currently super cheap here at the moment - largely due, it would seem, to the exceptionally high number of reports of the cable failing at the jack - a great shame since their sonic capabilities appear to be universally applauded.

Many thanks for your input Joker - the resource you provide with The Headphone List is astounding, & that you're willing to field such a huge variety of individual questions even more so.

 

They definitely didn't make the recommended insertion depth any shallower, but with foam tips they should be more than tolerable. 

 

And thanks :beerchug:

post #14217 of 15271
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post
 

 

   you should try the ue600 and yes re-400 sure . bu the main problem is that , these phones lack the mid bass that cx-400 has . if you want that bass ma-750 will do good .

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

 

RE-400 has the same "limitation" as the UE600 mentioned above, it's not a mid-bass heavy earphone. You can consider the HiSoundAudio Crystal and SteelSeries Flux for a little more bass in a similarly compact form factor. Both are still pretty balanced, but a bit bassier than the RE-400. 

 

 

On a scale of the aforementioned cx400<->DT880 Pro I'd like something firmly in the DT880 direction as the bass on the cx400 is way too boomy for me now. Are those sets less "in your face" than the cx400? I forgot to mention I'm not a fan of the single flang tips on my current phones so bi-flang tips would be preferable.

post #14218 of 15271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppopulla View Post
 

On a scale of the aforementioned cx400<->DT880 Pro I'd like something firmly in the DT880 direction as the bass on the cx400 is way too boomy for me now. Are those sets less "in your face" than the cx400? I forgot to mention I'm not a fan of the single flang tips on my current phones so bi-flang tips would be preferable.

 

  its not in the face at all , and if you set out seeking bass on re-400 , you might get disappointed discovering that its not enough , but im okay with it , im not a genuine bass seeker . and sorry from my side , ma-750 is not compact , yes you can go for hisound golden crystal , they are really good . has the hit but not much , not as much as the regular crystal , not as less as re-400 , and overall sq is in between too , like may be 8.7 or 8.8 in jokers rating and they are really smaaaallll . like tiny . smaller then re-400 . or you may consider vc02 too , cheap $50 , got what you want too but a bit long .

  sadly no idea about the flux .

  and about double flange , i think re-400 has the best double flange , its big , not annoying and i love it .

post #14219 of 15271
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppopulla View Post
 

 

 

 

On a scale of the aforementioned cx400<->DT880 Pro I'd like something firmly in the DT880 direction as the bass on the cx400 is way too boomy for me now. Are those sets less "in your face" than the cx400? I forgot to mention I'm not a fan of the single flang tips on my current phones so bi-flang tips would be preferable.


None of the mentioned sets (UE600, RE-400, Crystal, or Flux) have boomy bass. The Flux and Crystal have a little more while the RE-400 and UE600 have less, but the bass quality is good all around. 

 

Only the RE-400 comes with bi-flange tips but you can get aftermarket ones for any of them. The Flux has the skinniest nozzles but the MEElec M6 bi-flanges work with it. 

post #14220 of 15271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 


None of the mentioned sets (UE600, RE-400, Crystal, or Flux) have boomy bass. The Flux and Crystal have a little more while the RE-400 and UE600 have less, but the bass quality is good all around. 

 

Only the RE-400 comes with bi-flange tips but you can get aftermarket ones for any of them. The Flux has the skinniest nozzles but the MEElec M6 bi-flanges work with it. 

 

Thanks. I'll go for the Flux and see if I like them. Should be a good choice based on your review and my experiences with Siberia v2.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added 12/02/14 p. 1008)