Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added 12/02/14 p. 1008)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added 12/02/14 p. 1008) - Page 826

post #12376 of 15268

I was suspecting that answer :)

 

I see your from Sweden, so am I.

And i know you have the UE900, so do i. Black Friday from elgiganten :D

 

I love the UE900, but i understand i can get better, and i'm a little addicted to this hobby :D

post #12377 of 15268
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannkind246 View Post

Among RE-400, EPH-100SLand Dunu DN1000,

which one has the closest detail, sound stage and separation like in DBA02-MKII but has a punchy, fast, extended and deep bass?

Dunu. 

post #12378 of 15268
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor18 View Post

Anyone has tips on what would be nice for me?

Neutral and detailed
well extended in both frequency ends, 
Cold,
BIG soundstage, i sooo love huge soundstages =)
non sibilant,
not very bassy, but rather neutral, and not like ER4s, thats way to little.

smily_headphones1.gif
Hidition NT6.
post #12379 of 15268
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannkind246 View Post

Among RE-400, EPH-100SLand Dunu DN1000,

which one has the closest detail, sound stage and separation like in DBA02-MKII but has a punchy, fast, extended and deep bass?

 

DN1000.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor18 View Post
 

Anyone has tips on what would be nice for me?

 

Neutral and detailed

well extended in both frequency ends, 

Cold,

BIG soundstage, i sooo love huge soundstages =)

non sibilant,

not very bassy, but rather neutral, and not like ER4s, thats way to little.

 

:)

 

That's a pretty rare signature. If you don't want to go all out and get a custom I would say T-Peos H-100

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Hidition NT6.

 

Lol. Yeah, this. 

post #12380 of 15268

Oohhhh, so I take it you are really liking the the DN1000?

Would you recommend them over the GR07 MK2/BE? These two IEM's are the only ones I've really enjoyed a lot so if the DN-1000 can better them then that's great :D
How well do they do with EDM?
Sorry for bombarding you with questions lol

post #12381 of 15268
Going just a little farther than curious here: What would be a natural step up from the Yamaha EPH-100? There's not a lot I don't listen to in the way of styles/genres, and I'm a sucker for the V shape.

edit: I'd be willing to save up no more than maybe $450 for customs (if that's even a price point for customs anywhere), and BA drivers are fine, too.
Edited by MisterCats - 12/20/13 at 6:50pm
post #12382 of 15268
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Oohhhh, so I take it you are really liking the the DN1000?

Would you recommend them over the GR07 MK2/BE? These two IEM's are the only ones I've really enjoyed a lot so if the DN-1000 can better them then that's great :D
How well do they do with EDM?
Sorry for bombarding you with questions lol

 

Different sound signatures - the DN1000 is a lot more v-shaped than even the GR07 Bass Edition. I happen to think its signature works very well with EDM.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCats View Post

Going just a little farther than curious here: What would be a natural step up from the Yamaha EPH-100? There's not a lot I don't listen to in the way of styles/genres, and I'm a sucker for the V shape.

edit: I'd be willing to save up no more than maybe $450 for customs (if that's even a price point for customs anywhere), and BA drivers are fine, too.

 

Only one custom I've heard in that price range can do what the EPH-100 can do - the 1964EARS V3. Still, it really depends on what you're trying to see improved. Bass quantity won't go up from EPH-100, for example, but clarity and imaging will.

post #12383 of 15268
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor18 View Post

I was suspecting that answer smily_headphones1.gif

I see your from Sweden, so am I.
And i know you have the UE900, so do i. Black Friday from elgiganten biggrin.gif

I love the UE900, but i understand i can get better, and i'm a little addicted to this hobby biggrin.gif

Nice, a fellow countryman! Anyway. If you like the UE900, the FA-4E is almost a straight upgrade in all fields. And as I've said before the meelec balanced tips help the veil a bit and give a more open sound if that's the issue. The Fiio cable also helps a little bit but only marginally.
post #12384 of 15268

Regarding the Noble 4S, does the plate merge seemlessly into the silicone shell?

post #12385 of 15268

Hello Joker,

thanks to your magnificent list I ended up buying a pair of rs-50's and vc-1000's, which I both quite enjoyed (especially the rs-50).

 

Now I wondered which would be the next logical step up, just in terms of sound quality, from the RockIt Sounds.

My preferences are neutrality; tight, punchy yet not emphasized bass; good soundstage and overall clarity (money isn't of importance, I would also consider buying customs).

 

Thanks in advance,

Bauchspeck

post #12386 of 15268

Price not necessary? Go for custom-iem roxanne.

post #12387 of 15268

Sorry, I guess I didn't put it very well.

I just wanted to know which would be the next improvement over the rs-50's, not the best IEM's I could possibly get.

Can't afford to buy 1000 euro headphones, I would like to spend 300 euro (or less), but can stretch it up to 480 if improvements justify it.

post #12388 of 15268

Contact Piotrs Custom Art, and I'm sure you'll find the solution,

post #12389 of 15268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

 

Different sound signatures - the DN1000 is a lot more v-shaped than even the GR07 Bass Edition. I happen to think its signature works very well with EDM.

 

 

Only one custom I've heard in that price range can do what the EPH-100 can do - the 1964EARS V3. Still, it really depends on what you're trying to see improved. Bass quantity won't go up from EPH-100, for example, but clarity and imaging will.

Thanks! 
Can you ballpark the overall rating you'd give to the Dunu's? That would be swell :D

post #12390 of 15268
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
 

Regarding the Noble 4S, does the plate merge seemlessly into the silicone shell?

 

I can see where the silicone meets acrylic (mostly because the faceplate is colored) but in terms of feel there's no boundary. I'd say it's quite seamless.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauchspeck View Post
 

Hello Joker,

thanks to your magnificent list I ended up buying a pair of rs-50's and vc-1000's, which I both quite enjoyed (especially the rs-50).

 

Now I wondered which would be the next logical step up, just in terms of sound quality, from the RockIt Sounds.

My preferences are neutrality; tight, punchy yet not emphasized bass; good soundstage and overall clarity (money isn't of importance, I would also consider buying customs).

 

Thanks in advance,

Bauchspeck

 

Next step would probably be an Ety ER4S. After that you'd have to go for at least a mid-level custom like the Lime Ears LE3 or 1964 V6-Stage in order to really "upgrade".

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Thanks! 
Can you ballpark the overall rating you'd give to the Dunu's? That would be swell :D

 

Ballpark - RE-400/GR07 level.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added 12/02/14 p. 1008)