Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added 12/02/14 p. 1008)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added 12/02/14 p. 1008) - Page 681

post #10201 of 15259

Does this sound correct to you?

 

Shure SE215 vs Atrio MG7 vs Sennheiser IE8

 

Shure SE215 has slightly more bass and impact than IE8 whereas atrio has a lot more than both.

 

Sennheiser IE8 is slightly brighter and less forgiving of bad recordings compared to the Shures but smoother than the Atrios. Treble is very good with good recordings but not with worse / lower bitrate on the IE8.

 

I wonder why the IE8 is said to have massive bass when to me it sounds like  less bass than the Shures and Atrio. I must say that overall I am impressed with the IE8 sound, it is nicely balanced and the soundstage / imaging are excellent, Just seems like they don't have as much bass as people say...


Edited by nicholars - 5/5/13 at 5:48pm
post #10202 of 15259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidedrive View Post

Hello Joker, what are your initial impressions of the Sony MH1C? Thanks!

 

It's pretty good. Good bass depth and very smooth overall. Reminds me of a bassier Shure SE215. Bass is not as tight as I would like and there's a bit too much of it but for $30 there's really no reason to complain.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Does this sound correct to you?

 

Shure SE215 vs Atrio MG7 vs Sennheiser IE8

 

Shure SE215 has slightly more bass and impact than IE8 whereas atrio has a lot more than both.

 

Sennheiser IE8 is slightly brighter and less forgiving of bad recordings compared to the Shures but smoother than the Atrios. Treble is very good with good recordings but not with worse / lower bitrate on the IE8.

 

I wonder why the IE8 is said to have massive bass when to me it sounds like  less bass than the Shures and Atrio. I must say that overall I am impressed with the IE8 sound, it is nicely balanced and the soundstage / imaging are excellent, Just seems like they don't have as much bass as people say...


I never got the chance to compare the IE8 to the SE215. From memory their bass quantity shouldn't be far apart. The rest sounds about right - I liked the IE8 treble a lot.

post #10203 of 15259
Thanks a lot ! So according to you the JH13 seems to perform better overall. And to your tastes ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Not too close - compared to the Mirace the JH13 has more midrange presence (and a more forward presentation), better clarity, and more mid-bass by a few dB. The JH13 is more punchy and impactful but also a little more resolving overall. I suppose it could be called more analytical when it comes to how it presents music. The Miracle’s treble seemed a touch smoother to me but they are similar in presence and extension at the top.
post #10204 of 15259

Joker, I've seen some brief references to the Astrotec AX7 as being bright, but what else can you say about it? How does it compare to the other TWFK earphones?

post #10205 of 15259

I think the impressive thing about the IE8 is not really any of the individual parts of the sound but the overall balance and how well integrated it all is... The soundstage on them and the way it is presented just sounds awesome sometimes, sort of like a faster HD650 with more bass and brighter treble .

post #10206 of 15259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Thanks a lot ! So according to you the JH13 seems to perform better overall. And to your tastes ?

 

Close call, but the clarity of the JH13 would cinch it for me. Maybe I would like a little less bass but overall that thing is just an eye-opener when it comes to clarity and imaging. The Hidition NT 6 would also be in the running for me - it's more balanced aside from the treble peak and has some fantastically clean sound.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

Joker, I've seen some brief references to the Astrotec AX7 as being bright, but what else can you say about it? How does it compare to the other TWFK earphones?


I sent it in for repair and haven't gotten it back yet so I haven't done any listening with it lately. It reminded me of the Brainwavz B2 and Rock-It R-50 more so than the VSonic GR01 but I didn't get a chance to do the A:Bs. 

post #10207 of 15259
Thanks Joker, I think I will skip the JH13 to get more different CIEMs such as Fitear 335 or NT6 pro.
post #10208 of 15259

What is the best relatively cheap amplification for IEM? I guess one of the Fiio products?

 

I find that my DAP (sansa clip) actually sounds better than my Desktop amp / dac with IEM's (NAD 326bee and Dacmagic) Probably because the NAD is 60ohm impedance.... However the Sansa clip is a bit lacking in bass etc. Would a fiio or similar be an improvement for IEM?

post #10209 of 15259
Ibasso T3d is great and ultra small. Or for a.level above Tralucent T1. Beats 400$ amps IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

What is the best relatively cheap amplification for IEM? I guess one of the Fiio products?

I find that my DAP (sansa clip) actually sounds better than my Desktop amp / dac with IEM's (NAD 326bee and Dacmagic) Probably because the NAD is 60ohm impedance.... However the Sansa clip is a bit lacking in bass etc. Would a fiio or similar be an improvement for IEM?
post #10210 of 15259

Is the ibasso better than the fiio products?

post #10211 of 15259
Never tried Fiio. But Shizgeo who is a trusted reviewer also considers it as a reference for iems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Is the ibasso better than the fiio products?
post #10212 of 15259

Is there any with a built in dac because I just realised my dacmagic only has one output except for balanced.

post #10213 of 15259

Nice pic by the way WTF is that?! Looks like something from Dr.who lol

post #10214 of 15259
Cannot help you there...sorry. the ones I know with dac are 450+
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

Is there any with a built in dac because I just realised my dacmagic only has one output except for balanced.
post #10215 of 15259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

That was a fun one to writebeerchug.gif

 

 

They are pretty similar to the EX600/EX1000 minus some of the treble presence. Warmer and more punchy than an ER4, and more spacious as well. Really depends on whether you want something a little more accurate (ER4) or a little more spacious and relaxed, with good mids (7550).

 

 

Not familiar with the Galaxy as a source but the A161P doesn't really distort except at max volume. There is some grain in the treble, but it's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it. 

 

 

 

Yeah, I guess I should have re-organized it instead of removing it in the first place. 

 


Not too close - compared to the Miracle the JH13 has more midrange presence (and a more forward presentation), better clarity, and more mid-bass by a few dB. The JH13 is more punchy and impactful but also a little more resolving overall. I suppose it could be called more analytical when it comes to how it presents music. The Miracle’s treble seemed a touch smoother to me but they are similar in presence and extension at the top.

It sounds like you love JH13pro more.

If they really sound very differenet, i will go for JH13 next. But according to others' words, JH13 sometime sounds "boring" (have no idea if it's the proper word to decribe it.)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 329 IEMs compared (Tekfusion Twinwoofers added 12/02/14 p. 1008)