Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C added 11/07/14 p. 994)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C added 11/07/14 p. 994) - Page 660

post #9886 of 15046
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cibibikeru View Post

Hi there,

 

I owh a pair of GR04 Flagship Edition and they sound very good except for sibilance, I listen to many old recordings (mostly classic rock) and it's annoying, where can I get similar SQ without sibilance?

I had:

Soundmagic PL30 - good mids, open sound but that's about it

Brainwavz M1 - very good overall, not so good bass and trebble extension

Brainwavz M4 - very proeminent ~10KHz frequency, strange v-shape curve, didn't like it

Astrotec AM-90 - good sounding but FLAT

Vsonic GR02 Bass - better than the M1 but can't stand sibilance and a little too v-shape

Shure SE215 - didn't listen much but very good overall, trebble extension not so good

Vsonic GR04 - best sounding but can't stand sibilance

 

What I am searching for: SE215 with trebble, GR04 without sibilance, M1 with better everything :D

 

I haven't heard the GR04 but based on what I have heard from VSonic, you'll likely have to look outside of VSonic for a sibilance-free dynamic-driver earphone. It doesn't have the best treble but the Yamaha EPH-100 might be a good option. It's not as relaxed up top as the SE215 but really isn't sibilant and has no real midrange recession. Another option would be the Dunu Tai Chi - it's not as bassy as the Yamaha but still not bass-lean, and has smooth highs. The HiSound Crystal also reminded me of an SE215 without the treble dip and missing some of the smoothness. Good bass, though, and under $100.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post

Hello!

is the ShureSE215 / Shure SE215 LTD cable smartphone friendly?

it seems rather fat

and also..is the sound still competitive after all this time since they were released?

i'm really looking for an IEM in this price range that offers

a very secure fit with minimal microphonics and punchy bass.

thanks :)


The regular SE215 worked with my (non-otterbox) case. There is also an aftermarket smartphone cable with mic/remote that should be more case-friendly. The sound is fine - bass is definitely punchy. When you factor in build quality it's still a very good deal. 

post #9887 of 15046
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

I haven't heard the GR04 but based on what I have heard from VSonic, you'll likely have to look outside of VSonic for a sibilance-free dynamic-driver earphone. It doesn't have the best treble but the Yamaha EPH-100 might be a good option. It's not as relaxed up top as the SE215 but really isn't sibilant and has no real midrange recession. Another option would be the Dunu Tai Chi - it's not as bassy as the Yamaha but still not bass-lean, and has smooth highs. The HiSound Crystal also reminded me of an SE215 without the treble dip and missing some of the smoothness. Good bass, though, and under $100.

 


The regular SE215 worked with my (non-otterbox) case. There is also an aftermarket smartphone cable with mic/remote that should be more case-friendly. The sound is fine - bass is definitely punchy. When you factor in build quality it's still a very good deal. 


If I switch for example to a more expensive set like Rockit R-50 which is on top of your list, will I be satisfied?


Edited by cibibikeru - 4/4/13 at 12:22am
post #9888 of 15046

Hi, Joker.

Here is a very complicated but very practical question for you :)

How do you usually tell the difference between different soundstage? because my experience might be a little off your review.

According to your Fitear 334 review, you said Fitear 334 has an out-of-brain and very 3D soundstage. 

But my ear tells me Fitear 334's has a very 3D soundstage but locates in my brain, and when wearing 334 i hardly can imagine there is a singer  singing in front of me out of my brain.

Have any clues about what causes this different experience between you and me?


Edited by Alias Gu - 4/4/13 at 8:12pm
post #9889 of 15046
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cibibikeru View Post


If I switch for example to a more expensive set like Rockit R-50 which is on top of your list, will I be satisfied?

 

It's not more expensive than the EPH-100 and it doesn't really fit your requirements.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Hi, Joker.

Here is a very complicated but very practical question for you :)

How do you usually tell the difference between different soundstage? because my experience might be a little off your review.

According to your Fitear 334 review, you said Fitear 334 has an out-of-brain and very 3D soundstage. 

But my ear tells me Fitear 334's has a very 3D soundstage but locates in my brain, and when wearing 334 i hardly can imagine there is a singer  singing in front of me out of my brain.

Have any clues about what causes this different experience between you and me?


Are you comparing the 334 to other IEMs or to something else - headphones, speakers, etc? My reviews are written in the context of the IEM being an IEM. I use speakers for much of my casual listening these days and I don't expect any IEM to match them. For an IEM the FitEar is spacious - the width of its soundstage is (subjectively) better than with most top-tier universals and mid-tier customs and the imaging is quite good. 

 

Also, I may be a little unclear on what you are referencing exactly because here's what I posted about the TG334:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

The ambient presentation is my second favorite aspect of the TG334 after the euphonic midrange. The earphone provides a very good sense of space for a universal – it may not sound as wide as the Sony EX1000, but the headstage has excellent height and depth in addition to good width. Add in great separation and it’s clear why the TG334 images extremely well. Due to the forward mids, it has a slight tendency to stay intimate and in-the-head but the overall versatility is impressive. The soundstaging is noticeably better than that of the PFE232 and the Alclair Reference customs – two very solid mid-tier earphones – and the imaging is at least as good as with any other universal-fit earphone I’ve heard.

post #9890 of 15046
Joker...please dont hate me but...arrr
what do you think about Thinksound MS01 microphonics VS. id America spark microphonics?
and is a straight barrel IEM + ear guides' fit securely like a Shure SE 215 fit, or does the
Shure provide a more *secure* fit?
AND.....would you say the Thinksound MS01 is sibilant/harsh like the Klipsch S4??
thank you...
post #9891 of 15046
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post

Joker...please dont hate me but...arrr
what do you think about Thinksound MS01 microphonics VS. id America spark microphonics?
and is a straight barrel IEM + ear guides' fit securely like a Shure SE 215 fit, or does the
Shure provide a more *secure* fit?
AND.....would you say the Thinksound MS01 is sibilant/harsh like the Klipsch S4??
thank you...


I think the MS01 is a little less microphonic but I still recommend wearing them over-the-ear. As for the fit, I suppose it depends on your ears. I can get a very secure fit with many straight barrel IEMs, though I think a memory wire set like the SE215 would still have an advantage. By the way, cable guides are sold separately if you need them for your Spark. 

 

Harshness - the MS01 isn't as bad as the S4. More similar to the Spark. 

post #9892 of 15046
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

It's not more expensive than the EPH-100 and it doesn't really fit your requirements.

 


Are you comparing the 334 to other IEMs or to something else - headphones, speakers, etc? My reviews are written in the context of the IEM being an IEM. I use speakers for much of my casual listening these days and I don't expect any IEM to match them. For an IEM the FitEar is spacious - the width of its soundstage is (subjectively) better than with most top-tier universals and mid-tier customs and the imaging is quite good. 

 

Also, I may be a little unclear on what you are referencing exactly because here's what I posted about the TG334:

 

i might misread about your Fitear 334 review.

Actually i compared my 334 to headphone because i I have PX200 and i still find PX200 has a much more realistic and accurate out-of-brain soundstage. 

I know this comparison is quite unfair because IEMs, CIEMs and headphones are different stuffs. 

But i still want to find a CIEM or IEM, at least approaching those soundstage made by low-end headphones 


Edited by Alias Gu - 4/5/13 at 9:47am
post #9893 of 15046

Thank you Joker!!
 

post #9894 of 15046
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

i might misread about your Fitear 334 review.

Actually i compared my 334 to headphone because i I have PX200 and i still find PX200 has a much more realistic and accurate out-of-brain soundstage. 

I know this comparison is quite unfair because IEMs, CIEMs and headphones are different stuffs. 

But i still want to find a CIEM or IEM, at least approaching those soundstage made by low-end headphones 


I would try the MDR-EX600 or EX1000. Beyond that, i don't know.

post #9895 of 15046

I'd like to ask if the sound ratings are scaled the same for your IEMs and headphone threads? So if a headphone and an IEM both get 9/10, do you prefer them equally?

post #9896 of 15046

Awesome thread with a huge list of IEMs reviewed with detailed description and comparisons!

Thank you for your effort and time to continually update this thread with more reviews and answering everyone's questions, which helps to cut down on Thread spam so that threads like these can continue to shine, cheers!

Now I just have to decide between the FitEar To Go! 334 and Unique Melody Miracle, for long-term use and music enjoyment, mostly because I may lose a bit of weight, and thus risk losing the seal and comfort of the UM Miracle. Also, the FitEar To Go! 334 is such a challenging IEM to get your hands on, as it is constantly Out Of Stock, LOL!
 

post #9897 of 15046
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenG View Post

Awesome thread with a huge list of IEMs reviewed with detailed description and comparisons!

Thank you for your effort and time to continually update this thread with more reviews and answering everyone's questions, which helps to cut down on Thread spam so that threads like these can continue to shine, cheers!

Now I just have to decide between the FitEar To Go! 334 and Unique Melody Miracle, for long-term use and music enjoyment, mostly because I may lose a bit of weight, and thus risk losing the seal and comfort of the UM Miracle. Also, the FitEar To Go! 334 is such a challenging IEM to get your hands on, as it is constantly Out Of Stock, LOL!
 


Having both underhand now, they are nothing alike in terms of signature. The 334 have slow bass decay and thick mids whereas the Miracles have tight bass and thinner mids, and huge, airy soundstage...so it really depends on what you are looking for. 1plus2 are also very good, closer to the Miracles than the 334, but more dynamic.

post #9898 of 15046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Having both underhand now, they are nothing alike in terms of signature. The 334 have slow bass decay and thick mids whereas the Miracles have tight bass and thinner mids, and huge, airy soundstage...so it really depends on what you are looking for. 1plus2 are also very good, closer to the Miracles than the 334, but more dynamic.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I have considered the Tralucent 1plus2, but I have reservations about the long-term aspects of it, as it seems to be a new company, despite amazing reviews of its sound quality and headstage.

Ultimately, I really crave for a UM Miracle, with excellent Customer Service by Stephen Guo from custom-iem, but I have to weight in the cons such as misfitting (due to poor ear impressions) and change in ear canal (weight loss). I am leaning towards what is described as a V-shaped frequency, as I am now used to this signature from my ATH-M50, though it is a closed headphone.

Another reason I did not mind the FitEar To Go! 334 is because I had considered the SM64v2, with its thick and creamy mids, but would prefer to avoid Earsonics' products' common issue, such as shells cracking.


Edited by SenG - 4/6/13 at 5:47am
post #9899 of 15046

Hi guys,just signed in for this awesome thread, great job ljoker!

Second, I am looking for some advices.

I wanna buy some cheap and good in ear headphones for me and my gf to use on the daily commute.

I want to be able to isolate some of the subway noise and to be able to hear all the music, a mix of good bass and good mids/highs, but without having to listen to max volume, lets say around 70-80% volume.

My searches led up to 2 models, Philips SHE3590 and the Sony MDR EX10.

What to you guys advice to buy? Or propose another model in the 8-15$ range better than my suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

post #9900 of 15046
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariusHLG View Post

Hi guys,just signed in for this awesome thread, great job ljoker!

Second, I am looking for some advices.

I wanna buy some cheap and good in ear headphones for me and my gf to use on the daily commute.

I want to be able to isolate some of the subway noise and to be able to hear all the music, a mix of good bass and good mids/highs, but without having to listen to max volume, lets say around 70-80% volume.

My searches led up to 2 models, Philips SHE3590 and the Sony MDR EX10.

What to you guys advice to buy? Or propose another model in the 8-15$ range better than my suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Philips SHE3680/82

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C added 11/07/14 p. 994)