Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C added 11/07/14 p. 994)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C added 11/07/14 p. 994) - Page 273

post #4081 of 15079

hi

looking for a half-in-ear design

i prefer neutral or mid/warm/sweet signature.

 if it's bright , analytical or even balanced it's also ok. just no bassy

the only options i found till now are the new pg100 and brainwavz beta (v2) but there're no much reviews (if any).

any advice is appreciated , thnx

 

(the audio techina ckm99 look great but cant afford them frown.gif)

 

post #4082 of 15079


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post




Not from me.  I'd prefer a 16mm driver.  Cough...cough....

 



Outstanding, lol. smily_headphones1.gif

post #4083 of 15079
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SowonAoD View Post

Anybody knows whether there is there fake ath ckm9 yet?


Is there a real CKM9?

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by lina inverse View Post

hi

looking for a half-in-ear design

i prefer neutral or mid/warm/sweet signature.

 if it's bright , analytical or even balanced it's also ok. just no bassy

the only options i found till now are the new pg100 and brainwavz beta (v2) but there're no much reviews (if any).

any advice is appreciated , thnx

 

(the audio techina ckm99 look great but cant afford them frown.gif)

 


Depending on your budget, you could consider the Phiaton PS 210 or MEElec CW31. I think both are a sizable step up from the PG100.

 

post #4084 of 15079
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

Depending on your budget, you could consider the Phiaton PS 210 or MEElec CW31. I think both are a sizable step up from the PG100.

 

 the ps210 are definetly out of my budget.

the cw31 , better. does that pointy back part of the housing touches the back of the ear?
 

 


Edited by lina inverse - 9/4/11 at 10:47pm
post #4085 of 15079
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina inverse View Post

the cw31 , better. does that pointy back part of the housing touches the back of the ear?


No, not really - the housings are very short and taper quickly.

post #4086 of 15079

ops, i missed another "9" :D
So i'm wondering whether there is any fake ath ckm99 or not since i found i seller in japan sells them at the price of  ~90$ while the other sell them for around 135$.

post #4087 of 15079
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SowonAoD View Post

ops, i missed another "9" :D
So i'm wondering whether there is any fake ath ckm99 or not since i found i seller in japan sells them at the price of  ~90$ while the other sell them for around 135$.



Haven't seen any reports of counterfeit CKM99s. It's still a relatively new model and I don't believe any of Audio-Technica's titanium flagships have been counterfeited.

post #4088 of 15079

I haven't heard about them myself either, but they are made in China unlike the CK10/100. This kind of raises the probability of possible counterfeit issues, it's kind of unlikely, but still be wary. 

post #4089 of 15079

I wonder when will the Triple.Fi 10's review be finished? BTW, are there any perfect IEMs for METAL/ROCK to recommand?

post #4090 of 15079
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrsl View Post

I wonder when will the Triple.Fi 10's review be finished? BTW, are there any perfect IEMs for METAL/ROCK to recommand?


I might nominate the HJE900 and GR07 for rock and metal.  As long as it's not super fast to the point you need a BA.

post #4091 of 15079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post




I might nominate the HJE900 and GR07 for rock and metal.  As long as it's not super fast to the point you need a BA.


What about the FX700, Anax? Do you think those would be good for this genre? Also, I would have thought the GR07 wouldnt be lively enough for rock / metal. I have yet to hear it tho, just going by what ppl are saying.

 

 

On a personal aside, out of all the universal I own and have heard, the SM3s sound perfect for rock / metal. Again, thats just me.

post #4092 of 15079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post




I might nominate the HJE900 and GR07 for rock and metal.  As long as it's not super fast to the point you need a BA.



I've learned that GR07 has a so flat sound that makes it versatile for all genres. I doubt its bass could  be enough to rock up.

post #4093 of 15079
GR07 has really good deep bass for rock/metal, as well as a great distortion guitar crunch.
post #4094 of 15079

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtrsl View Post

I've learned that GR07 has a so flat sound that makes it versatile for all genres. I doubt its bass could  be enough to rock up.


The GR07 has ample bass for all genres IMO. I wouldn't assume otherwise, unless one hears it that way.

post #4095 of 15079
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

GR07 has really good deep bass for rock/metal, as well as a great distortion guitar crunch.


I hear it this way as well.

 

I quite like the e-Q7, too. I don't need huge, booming bass to enjoy rock/metal and the highly textured and slightly warm sound of the Ortofons works well IMO. However, I still maintain that signature preferences take precedence over genre choice. What some might love with metal, others may hate.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C added 11/07/14 p. 994)