Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) - Page 599

post #8971 of 14601
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett View Post

LOVE the ECCI PR401! Too bad their distribution kind of vanished.

 

Yes, not sure if they're just seeing less orders from overseas and are therefore cutting back on distribution or if they're actually shifting gears altogether and moving away from IEMs. I haven't seen much mention of their newer models on here. I think lendmeurears still carries the PR401, at least.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

joker, does K3003's treble sound more "brassy" (not thin) than FX700?

similar to MTPC or MTPG?

I liked the brassy treble the MTPC and MTPG when I had them.

Thanks


Like I said, I never got the chance to A:B the K3003 with all of these older IEMs and I can't answer such specific questions from memory. 

post #8972 of 14601

Joker,

 

 

How does the ck100 sound with rock and metal? 

post #8973 of 14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett View Post

LOVE the ECCI PR401! Too bad their distribution kind of vanished.

Yes, not sure if they're just seeing less orders from overseas and are therefore cutting back on distribution or if they're actually shifting gears altogether and moving away from IEMs. I haven't seen much mention of their newer models on here. I think lendmeurears still carries the PR401, at least.


iI don't think they carry ecci at all any longer
post #8974 of 14601
So my Silver Bullets kinda bit the dust: the wire leading to the left phone seems to be making making a false contact and so it doesn't work until I tug the wire in a certain way. So, I'll probably stick to my Monoprices for a while and relearn to take proper care of my IEMs. Still, eventually a new purchase will be made, this time the HiFiMan RE262 if I find them on a sale somewhere ($149 is still a bit too rich for my blood).

I do, however, have a couple questions: first of all, the RE262s look to be much more comfortable than the abysmality of the Silver Bullets. Is that the case? I really had to get used to the latters in order to justify having bought them, and they never really felt more than ok in the comfort department. The wiring always got it the way and involountary yankings always dislodged the plugs from my ears. I really would not want either of these to happen with the RE262s, would that be a reasonable expectation?

How about sound signature/quality? One thing the Silver Bullets spoiled me to was great instrument separation, openness, and satisfying amount of quality bass. How would you guys compare the RE262s to them it in that regard?
post #8975 of 14601
Does anyone else find the top end of the Vsonics to be very slightly grainy?
post #8976 of 14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post

Does anyone else find the top end of the Vsonics to be very slightly grainy?

Aside from the GR02 BE, no.

post #8977 of 14601
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Music View Post

Joker,

 

 

How does the ck100 sound with rock and metal? 

 

Mid-forward. Most people tend to prefer a flat or v-shaped signature for rock/metal so perhaps it will be a little on the dull side with insufficient deep bass and treble sparkle. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post


iI don't think they carry ecci at all any longer

 

Ouch. I stand corrected, then.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSongs View Post

So my Silver Bullets kinda bit the dust: the wire leading to the left phone seems to be making making a false contact and so it doesn't work until I tug the wire in a certain way. So, I'll probably stick to my Monoprices for a while and relearn to take proper care of my IEMs. Still, eventually a new purchase will be made, this time the HiFiMan RE262 if I find them on a sale somewhere ($149 is still a bit too rich for my blood).
I do, however, have a couple questions: first of all, the RE262s look to be much more comfortable than the abysmality of the Silver Bullets. Is that the case? I really had to get used to the latters in order to justify having bought them, and they never really felt more than ok in the comfort department. The wiring always got it the way and involountary yankings always dislodged the plugs from my ears. I really would not want either of these to happen with the RE262s, would that be a reasonable expectation?
How about sound signature/quality? One thing the Silver Bullets spoiled me to was great instrument separation, openness, and satisfying amount of quality bass. How would you guys compare the RE262s to them it in that regard?


The RE262 is much more mid-centric than the SB. The SB has enhanced bass and some treble sparkle whereas the RE262 really doesn't - it's pretty flat from the midrange down and a little more laid-back up top compared to the SB. It's much more comfortable for me and there's 3 or 4 different ways you can wear it.

 

If you're looking for more SB-like bass quantity you may be better off with at least a GR07, if not a Yamaha EPH-100 or JVC FXT90.  

post #8978 of 14601
post #8979 of 14601

Okay... I was looking for a pair of nice gym IEM's around $40-$50 and stumbled upon Xears.

Anyone knows anything about the higher priced models at http://www.xears.com/produkte ? With the discount code in the opening post EVERYTHING goes down to €35 a pair.

At first I just wanted to get a pair of XR120PRO's but now doubts are kicking at all these other models of the same price.

post #8980 of 14601

Thanks so much for your reviews ljokerl!

 

Between the TF10s and Rockit R-50s, which one has better treble sparkle, upper extension, and overall competency?

post #8981 of 14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post

$20 for V-moda cables... MEElec sells some cables and adapters but nothing nice enough that would be desirable for a hardwired recable IMO, they just sell useful/utilitarian stuff like TRSS to mic + stereo adapters and that kinda stuff. Although the extension they sell for their sport IEM might be worth a look (I forget the IEM's name, S6 I think?).
Is the M2's cable the same one as the M9's? That one's fantastic, it makes cables on much more expensive IEM look shoddy.
I used an M9P cable for recabling some DBA-02's. I was surprised how quickly the MEElec cable stiffened (over ear) compared to the stock Fischer cable.
post #8982 of 14601
Thread Starter 

 

Funny, that second listing uses the title from one of my old ECCI reviews.

 

$75+ has always been the going price as far as I know so those prices aren't too bad.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazaakas View Post

Okay... I was looking for a pair of nice gym IEM's around $40-$50 and stumbled upon Xears.

Anyone knows anything about the higher priced models at http://www.xears.com/produkte ? With the discount code in the opening post EVERYTHING goes down to €35 a pair.

At first I just wanted to get a pair of XR120PRO's but now doubts are kicking at all these other models of the same price.

 

I wouldn't trust Xears build quality under gym use. In general the Xears stuff tends to sound good (most of them are quite bassy, though) and be pretty average in all other categories. The XR120 is still my favorite Xears set and easily holds its own even though it has a lower everyday price than some of the other ones. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastPride View Post

Thanks so much for your reviews ljokerl!

 

Between the TF10s and Rockit R-50s, which one has better treble sparkle, upper extension, and overall competency?

 

The TF10 has more sparkly treble but the R-50 is more accurate. Really depends on what you mean by overall competency. If it's accuracy, get the R-50.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrost View Post


I used an M9P cable for recabling some DBA-02's. I was surprised how quickly the MEElec cable stiffened (over ear) compared to the stock Fischer cable.


Weird, I still have a 2009 M9P that's pretty flexible. Maybe it's sweat or skin oils - I never used mine at the gym or anything. 

 

Speaking of sweat, I've completely dissolved all if the hardware on my H2O audio gym buds. The cable cinch and rubber bit at the y-split simply came off and even the plug sheath now feels like it's made of play-doh. 

post #8983 of 14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

I wouldn't trust Xears build quality under gym use. In general the Xears stuff tends to sound good (most of them are quite bassy, though) and be pretty average in all other categories. The XR120 is still my favorite Xears set and easily holds its own even though it has a lower everyday price than some of the other ones. 

Thanks for the response.

Well, the point is, I'm looking for a tad bassy IEM's, normally I'm more of a flat response-curve lover but a bit of extra bass tends to give you a bit more energy to do that last rep :)

But what other IEM would you recommend over the Xears then, in the price range of <$50 for gym use?

 

In terms of Xears, there is just SO much to choose from here, all for the same price, (some even with replacable calbes) and no information at all found about most of the models, even on this forum :S


Edited by kazaakas - 12/9/12 at 3:26am
post #8984 of 14601
Thanks for the recs, ljokerl, I'll check them out.

kazaakas: how about the Brainwavz ProAlphas? They are quite bassy, mp4nation has them for sale at $29.50 and from what I recall from having them, were decently built.
post #8985 of 14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

Funny, that second listing uses the title from one of my old ECCI reviews.

 

$75+ has always been the going price as far as I know so those prices aren't too bad.

 

 

 

 

Bringing up ECCI allows me to mention that I bought a PR200 MKII. They are on special from Light In The Box for $24.99 shipped. Seems a steady price since I first saw it on Halloween. A really nice deal other than the fact that super saver free shipping is fairly slow.

 

The PR200-II is pretty much a return to the PR1 Pro. 85% accurate to your review of the PR1 pro. They differ, IME, in that the PR200-II is not quite as wide or airy but resolves a bit better and has a bit better extension on the ends. Going back to the lively, well balanced, clear and natural sound of the older model and away from the polite, smoothed over, rather unremarkable sound of the original PR100/200 puts the new model back into the well recommended category esp. at the $25 price.   

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)