Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) - Page 262

post #3916 of 14587

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

hate is a strong word.

 

just kidding tongue.gif, why did you hate them? I'd like to know, it just makes it all the more exciting to receive an IEM/HP that receives love / hate reactions, not that I can think of many... EX700 comes to mind...

 

but you are saying you hated them and so did all your friends, and bennyboy says it was like being on an island with fountains of whiskey and naked lucsious girls! Kinda makes me wonder how they sound confused.gif


lol actually hate is a strong word! My bad! tongue.gif

 

Let's just say most of us agreed that we wouldn't pay more than $170 for them. It sounds dull to me and the detail, soundstage or dynamic range really isn't that impressive. A lot of hyped reviews out there IMO. Reminds me of the UM3x ahem! Don't get me wrong - it is a good IEM, but great? I don't think so.

 

Granted it wasn't burnt in for more than 50 hours, but then comes your recent discussion about burn in, Personally, I think driver burn in exist because I've experienced it under extreme conditions - the HJE900 literally went from more unlistenable than $5 earbuds to something more amazing than the W3. And I didn't listen to the HJE at all during its burn in. Very rare this, but it erases all my skepticism. 

post #3917 of 14587

Awesome review!! L3000.gif

post #3918 of 14587

Anyone knows where the FX-500 is sold for a low price?

post #3919 of 14587


http://www.seyo-shop.com/product.php?productid=15195&cat=15090&page=2

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post

Anyone knows where the FX-500 is sold for a low price?



 

post #3920 of 14587
Quote:


     Thank you. biggrin.gif

 

post #3921 of 14587

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuahogary View Post

 

Granted it wasn't burnt in for more than 50 hours, but then comes your recent discussion about burn in, Personally, I think driver burn in exist because I've experienced it under extreme conditions - the HJE900 literally went from more unlistenable than $5 earbuds to something more amazing than the W3. And I didn't listen to the HJE at all during its burn in. Very rare this, but it erases all my skepticism. 


I see I see, I suppose that's why the price increased from $79 to like $279 now, people discovered cubic zirconia needs 600 hours of 5 - 50,000 Hertz sweeps at 111 dB to anneal, decrystallize, and evaporate into zirconium dioxide that layers our inner ear canals, dissipates into our bloodstream and then hyperstimulates the auditory nerve.

 


Edited by kiteki - 8/20/11 at 7:40pm
post #3922 of 14587

You guys need to stop crapping all over this thread w/ burn-in talk.  Grow a pair and take it to the science forum.  Better yet, everything said so far is more appropriate for the members lounge.

post #3923 of 14587

Ok.

post #3924 of 14587
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufny View Post

I'm fairly sure he is in the "if I don't burn them in for x hours before review, I'm gonna get crucified" camp.


That was definitely a thought at the very beginning but since then I've been doing it for the sake of fairness/consistency. I usually do 100 hours or whatever the manufacturer recommends, whichever is greater. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

I always find it worrying when IEM manufacturers themselves recommend huge amounts of burn in time. Considering they actually have the measuring tools to test this, why do we never see any graphs or any data supporting the idea that things like transient response, frequency response, etc improve with time? I sometimes think I hear small differences in sound over time, but I know enough about the human brain to have serious doubts about the whole thing...


Manufacturers are just as aware of 'brain burn-in' as we are and it is to their advantage to recommend a certain amount of run-in on the off-chance that your opinion will change in favor of their product, even if they have no quantifiable data to support that claim.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by nikp View Post

Awesome review!! L3000.gif


Thanks beerchug.gif

post #3925 of 14587
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
Manufacturers are just as aware of 'brain burn-in' as we are and it is to their advantage to recommend a certain amount of run-in on the off-chance that your opinion will change in favor of their product, even if they have no quantifiable data to support that claim.
This is most likely correct imo. Joker's approach to burn-in for the sake of consistency and fairness is pretty respectable I must add.

Jzool is the cheapest place to get the FX500s and their customer service is great ime. 

post #3926 of 14587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Jzool is the cheapest place to get the FX500s and their customer service is great ime. 

 

    An even better price! Thanks! cool.gif
 

 

post #3927 of 14587

New and unique product!~

http://www.custom-iem.com/wan-xuan-i9-pro-single-14mm-dynamic-driver-p-661.html

 

 

Wan Xuan i9 pro - Single 14mm Dynamic Driver

post #3928 of 14587
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMelody View Post

New and unique product!~

http://www.custom-iem.com/wan-xuan-i9-pro-single-14mm-dynamic-driver-p-661.html

 

 

Wan Xuan i9 pro - Single 14mm Dynamic Driver


     I think my wallet will be suffering after this. Although it's for a good cause. tongue.gif

 

post #3929 of 14587
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMelody View Post

New and unique product!~

http://www.custom-iem.com/wan-xuan-i9-pro-single-14mm-dynamic-driver-p-661.html

 

 

Wan Xuan i9 pro - Single 14mm Dynamic Driver


So how do they sound? Have you heard the Future Sonics MG6Pro custom for comparison as these were developed? 

 

post #3930 of 14587

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMelody View Post

New and unique product!~

http://www.custom-iem.com/wan-xuan-i9-pro-single-14mm-dynamic-driver-p-661.html

 

 

Wan Xuan i9 pro - Single 14mm Dynamic Driver



Does this also mean that Wan Xuan may intend on reshelling 14mm dynamic driver universals? I'd anticipate quite an interest for that.
 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)