what is it with all those flat-cable iems? instead of progressing, manufacturers are moving backwards?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) - Page 890
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13337 of 145834/1/14 at 10:54amQuote:
Tangle a bit less than thinner cables. The main crowd seems to focus a lot on the 5 seconds it takes to unwind a pair of iems instead of the 2h of listening. But it looks kind of good and flashy if you're into the plasticky look instead of a classy, potentially pretentious braided cable with a wooden chin slider.post #13338 of 145834/1/14 at 11:50ampost #13339 of 145834/1/14 at 9:41pmThread StarterQuote:
I only have the D200R - is that the same as the D202? If so based on only a few hours of listening I'd say I prefer it to the Tank. I haven't tried the NE-600X.Quote:
I use the HiFiMan HM-901 with IEM card. In terms of sound quality I have no complaints.Quote:Originally Posted by scorpio187
ljokerl, Is there any chance to review the Roxanne in the near future?
I haven't tried the Roxanne but I may be able to get a loaner of the universal version in the near future.post #13340 of 145834/2/14 at 7:16pmpost #13341 of 145834/4/14 at 8:55amThread StarterQuote:
I hadn't even heard of them until quite recently. No plans yet, maybe in the future.post #13342 of 145834/4/14 at 8:55ampost #13343 of 145834/4/14 at 7:41pmThread StarterQuote:
The VC02 is the most flat/neutral of the three if that’s what you’re after. I personally like the slightly fuller bass of the VSD1S – it doesn’t sound unnatural to me – but it’s not reference-flat for sure.post #13344 of 145834/4/14 at 8:41pmAnyone know what the IEM depicted below is? It looks like a black glossy plastic pebble and a unique plug with a fat-ish glossy cable. I saw someone wearing it and was intrigued since it didn't have a logo. I'm guessing it was a universal... Just curious.
Edited by vwinter - 4/4/14 at 8:45pmpost #13345 of 145834/4/14 at 9:14pmQuote:
Thank you for your answer. I'm going for the VC02.post #13346 of 145834/4/14 at 10:40pm
It looks like an Audio Technica IM in-ear.post #13347 of 145834/5/14 at 2:59am
I want to thank you immensely once more. I pereodically look over your comparison threads (and have a great deal of fun with them) and today i found the inear stagedivers which i otherwise would have never stumbled upon. I live in europe and a lot of the other products are often difficult to get (especially with added customs time shipping and taxes) but with the inear i got lucky. I am still carefully going over them versus the sm64 but i think the stagediver 3 will win out.
I had seen your reviews of the ie800 and the re600 on innerfidelity and i think you also mention hte model a few times int his thread. I was wondering when they will be added as their own entries?
Also I saw you mention the westone es5 a few times. I am pretty interested in how it compares to the jh13 and if it will get its own entry too?
I am pretty interested to see how the ie800 compares to other dynamics (dynamics are my favourite) like the inears but also to the top model from akg obviously.
Thanks again for the great and continuing work! Its always a joy to see that new entries have been added and after all this time i really know what i am looking for and of your descriptions will match what i am looking for.
Greetings, Anouk,post #13348 of 145834/5/14 at 8:34am
Looked into it and while it does a bit, it wasn't.
Here are the differences from the AT IM series:
The plug housing is huge. The cylinder extended past the edges if the dudes cellphone.
Please excuse the sloppy cellphone markup.
Thanks for trying!
Edited by vwinter - 4/5/14 at 8:36ampost #13349 of 145834/5/14 at 8:45am
Red Giant Ossicle A03 perhaps.
The plug looks similar too
Edited by getclikinagas - 4/5/14 at 8:47ampost #13350 of 145834/5/14 at 8:57amQuote:
That could be a number of IEMs. What came to mind are EarSonics. Or even Westone.
Edit: by the way, great drawing.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Sony MDR710LP Lightweight ULTRA PORTABLE Headphones 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 12 seconds ago
- › NAD VISO HP50 thread 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 - Replacement Cables 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out 1000 2 minutes ago
- › Lear BD4.2 impressions and appreciation thread + Australian tour 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 (silver) 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)