Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) - Page 887

post #13291 of 14607

I am curious about the Xioami Pistons 2.0 people said its the new SONY MH1C but better. and 2 other new iems that i am sure everybody wants to know about them

T-PEOS H300

and the upcoming DUNU-DN 2000

curious about chart rankings and comprasion beetween them hope you can review 2 iems in the future and also the Xioami pistons

post #13292 of 14607

Idk if its just me but the Fidue A63 reminds me of the Ie800

post #13293 of 14607

|joker|

does signature acoustics C-12 and DN-1000 has the same bass level?

compared to A63 and E30 can you describe the bass level of dn1k.

post #13294 of 14607
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

The NE-700X has quite a bit more bass than the GR99. The MH1C is closer, but still bassier. It's also smoother than the GR99. However, if you're looking for more midrange presence and good, but not heavy, bass, you might want to consider the Fidue A63 instead in that price range. 

 

Thanks, ljokerl.  Based on your description, the Fidue definitely seems like it may be the most attractive option of the three.

 

Do you think I would see a marked improvement by stepping up to something like the Dunu DN-1000?  I know that it's not in the same price range of the ones that I wrote about, but if it's significantly better than the Fidue, I would consider it.

post #13295 of 14607

Would anyone here be able to compare the ATH-Im70? It released in Japan, so not sure. =P I was considering getting either the Im70 or RE-400. Although, on some reviews they are saying that the 400 has some build quality issues. Just looking for comfortable, long periods of listening. Movies, Videos, Games, basically an all-rounder. Or should I save some money and go with the VSD1S?

post #13296 of 14607
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

Not at this time. I could possibly get my hands on them, just got a pretty full schedule. 

It is understandable.

 

Have you heard the Noble 3c before?  I am currently trying to decide between the 1964 v3 and the Nobel 3c.  Would you happen to have a preference between the two?  I generally like a bit more "energetic/fun" sound, and don't need tremendous bass.

 

Thanks so much, I can say we all appreciate the insight, and the resource you have provided in this thread.

post #13297 of 14607
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by listen4joy View Post
 

I am curious about the Xioami Pistons 2.0 people said its the new SONY MH1C but better. and 2 other new iems that i am sure everybody wants to know about them

T-PEOS H300

and the upcoming DUNU-DN 2000

curious about chart rankings and comprasion beetween them hope you can review 2 iems in the future and also the Xioami pistons

 

The DN-2000 I'm sure I'll cover eventually. Not sure about the other two. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroTaka View Post
 

Idk if its just me but the Fidue A63 reminds me of the Ie800

 

The sound, or the looks?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbose View Post
 

|joker|

does signature acoustics C-12 and DN-1000 has the same bass level?

compared to A63 and E30 can you describe the bass level of dn1k.

 

No, the C12 is a lot more mid-bassy than the DN-1000. The DN1000 has lots more deep bass than both the A63 and E30 and about as much mid-bass as the A63, but more than E30.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelglam View Post
 

 

Thanks, ljokerl.  Based on your description, the Fidue definitely seems like it may be the most attractive option of the three.

 

Do you think I would see a marked improvement by stepping up to something like the Dunu DN-1000?  I know that it's not in the same price range of the ones that I wrote about, but if it's significantly better than the Fidue, I would consider it.

 

It also has a very different sound signature from the Fidue. It actually seems to me like the signature of the A63 might work better for you, but the DN-1000 has many advantages such as bass depth, clarity, treble extension and presence, and so on. As to whether it's worth it to spend more of your money, I can't really answer that one for you.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post
 

Would anyone here be able to compare the ATH-Im70? It released in Japan, so not sure. =P I was considering getting either the Im70 or RE-400. Although, on some reviews they are saying that the 400 has some build quality issues. Just looking for comfortable, long periods of listening. Movies, Videos, Games, basically an all-rounder. Or should I save some money and go with the VSD1S?

 

Haven't tried it. If you are looking for a balanced and accurate IEM, the RE-400 is worth the premium over the VSD1S. Otherwise the VSD1S will do what you want. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
 

It is understandable.

 

Have you heard the Noble 3c before?  I am currently trying to decide between the 1964 v3 and the Nobel 3c.  Would you happen to have a preference between the two?  I generally like a bit more "energetic/fun" sound, and don't need tremendous bass.

 

Thanks so much, I can say we all appreciate the insight, and the resource you have provided in this thread.

 

Sorry, I have not tried the 3C.

post #13298 of 14607
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

 

 

The sound, or the looks?

 

The looks, never actually heard the Fidue though. I do, however enjoy the IE 800. What would you rate it out of 10? I read your review on innerfidelity.

post #13299 of 14607
Hi Joker, could you or anyone compare the Thinksound ts02 and the Klipsch s4 (I have both) and how they compare to the Audio Technica CKM-500 (which I am currently interested in). The bass on the Thinksound's is probably the "bassiest" I would go on a headphone. From your review the CKM-500 is a more refined and upgrade to the Klipsch s4?

Thanks for your (or anyone elses) help!
Edited by OliverBB - 3/27/14 at 7:14am
post #13300 of 14607
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

It also has a very different sound signature from the Fidue. It actually seems to me like the signature of the A63 might work better for you, but the DN-1000 has many advantages such as bass depth, clarity, treble extension and presence, and so on. As to whether it's worth it to spend more of your money, I can't really answer that one for you.

Thanks, ljokerl.  What I meant regarding the pricing was whether or not the Dunu was a clear upgrade from the Fidue (hence, reflective of their price differences).  I know that these days some $50-75 IEM's can sound close in quality to some $100-150 IEMs, so I wasn't sure if that was the case with these two.  Given that they have different sound signatures, I see now that they are not an easy comparison.  Sorry, didn't mean to make it seem like I was asking you if I should find it worth it to spend more of my money.

 

Of the IEMs that I've tried, I have liked the Vsonic GR-99 and the JVC HA-FXT90 the best, with the Philips SHE3590 being next in line but definitely behind the other two.  I recently had a pair of the JVC HA-FXZ100 and then accidentally left them on a train shortly after I got them, which has me bummed (and feeling stupid...first time I've ever lost a pair of headphones) and now seeking another new pair of IEMs.  They sounded pretty good as well in the short time period that I had them.

 

Besides the Fidue and the Dunu, I would like to try the Hifiman Re-400's as well, but I've read so many accounts of build quality issues that I am kind of turned off by them.


Edited by steelglam - 3/27/14 at 8:24am
post #13301 of 14607

any know issues with the vsonic adjustable nozzle mechanism?

i really feel like playing with it, finding the best spot, but i'm a bit worried

about loosening it up

post #13302 of 14607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post
 

any know issues with the vsonic adjustable nozzle mechanism?

i really feel like playing with it, finding the best spot, but i'm a bit worried

about loosening it up

Not with the VSD1/S. It is tighter than the older models, which tended to get quite easy to move but my VSD1s personally are still tight.

post #13303 of 14607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post
 

any know issues with the vsonic adjustable nozzle mechanism?

i really feel like playing with it, finding the best spot, but i'm a bit worried

about loosening it up

Just got a pair of 07be in Jan. One ear piece was pretty tight, but the other was much looser. Not enough to flop around mind you, but enough to move it when just changing tips. Actually came in handy since I could adjust the one side after I put them on.

post #13304 of 14607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trev View Post
 

Just got a pair of 07be in Jan. One ear piece was pretty tight, but the other was much looser. Not enough to flop around mind you, but enough to move it when just changing tips. Actually came in handy since I could adjust the one side after I put them on.

 

In my experience gr07, gr06 and gr04 were all a mixed bag in that department - often one or both of the nozzles were pretty loose or got loose over time. All 3 version of VSD1 I have are a lot more consistent and tighter - sometimes a bit tighter than needed but months after haven't become loose. My gr04fe in comparison now moves even when I'm very careful and it's slightly annoying coz often the nozzles don't end up perfectly aligned in my ear. 

post #13305 of 14607
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

 

In my experience gr07, gr06 and gr04 were all a mixed bag in that department - often one or both of the nozzles were pretty loose or got loose over time. All 3 version of VSD1 I have are a lot more consistent and tighter - sometimes a bit tighter than needed but months after haven't become loose. My gr04fe in comparison now moves even when I'm very careful and it's slightly annoying coz often the nozzles don't end up perfectly aligned in my ear. 

It's not a problem (yet). But again unless I'm doing something grossly wrong, it doesn't really matter to me what direction the nozzles end up pointing. It all seems to fit/sound exactly the same. Maybe its the comply tips, maybe its just my freakish ears....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)