Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) - Page 761

post #11401 of 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post
 

get the es18 .

I think I would avoid them. Just tested a friend's ES18 and these are the issues I faced - Less than average isolation, too much micro-phonics and bad highs . I know they really value for money I think spending a little more (*cough* triple *cough*) would be a better idea

post #11402 of 14611

Do you think the new a-jay fives will be a big improvement?

post #11403 of 14611
Thread Starter 

Another teaser of the upcoming EarSonics release. Looks like it might be a 6-driver universal (the first?)

 

http://theheadphonelist.com/category/news/

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitesh View Post
 

Is Vsonic GR02 BE really better than SM E30 ? I thought it was the opposite

Also does the former needs a good audio player (I have a Samsung Wave 525. Yeah ancient I know that ) ? If yes then what do you think how much sound quality I'll lose ?

 

Ultimately it'll come down to what you're looking for. The GR02 BE has more bass than the E30 by quite margin but still manages to sound very good overall. It does not need an amp.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyls View Post
 

Do you think the new a-jay fives will be a big improvement?

 

I never got to hear the previous a-JAYS so I really don't know. I was not particularly impressed with the JAYS dynamics I have tried but that doesn't mean the new ones won't be good. 

post #11404 of 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh View Post
 

I think I would avoid them. Just tested a friend's ES18 and these are the issues I faced - Less than average isolation, too much micro-phonics and bad highs . I know they really value for money I think spending a little more (*cough* triple *cough*) would be a better idea

 

    the best you can get is e10 ( in india ) , use sony tips , they will help with isolation . by the way what are you looking for , bass clarity , or just sq ?


Edited by suman134 - 9/4/13 at 9:58pm
post #11405 of 14611

just got the ha-fx40 , and i love every thing about it , these peaks are awesome , been looking for them , nicely complimented by good amount of bass , is pny midtwon / uptown any better when it comes to sq ?


Edited by suman134 - 9/5/13 at 4:21am
post #11406 of 14611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post
 

just got the ha-fx40 , and i love every thing about it , these peaks are awesome , been looking for them , nicely complimented by good amount of bass , is pny midtwon / uptown any better when it comes to sq ?

 

Warmer tone, lower mids fuller and not recessed, and less bright treble on the PNYs. 

post #11407 of 14611

How about ASG-1/2?

post #11408 of 14611

Hi ya joker,

 

I read your review on the Hidition NT 6.  For someone who really digs the ER4S sound signature and presentation, would you say that it's a safe bet that the NT6 is the closest form of the ER4S in a custom format with the added benefits of ciem including a more prominent but still balanced low end?

post #11409 of 14611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIVEBL View Post
 

How about ASG-1/2?

 

I've heard the original ASG-1 (I believe it was a rev 1.1). I wasn't a fan. Never got to try the newer versions. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha421 View Post
 

Hi ya joker,

 

I read your review on the Hidition NT 6.  For someone who really digs the ER4S sound signature and presentation, would you say that it's a safe bet that the NT6 is the closest form of the ER4S in a custom format with the added benefits of ciem including a more prominent but still balanced low end?

 

That's correct. The NT 6 improves on the ER4S with much better subbass response and more natural, fleshed-out bass overall. Someone asked a similar question here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760/11265#post_9729619

post #11410 of 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

I've heard the original ASG-1 (I believe it was a rev 1.1). I wasn't a fan. Never got to try the newer versions. 


That's correct. The NT 6 improves on the ER4S with much better subbass response and more natural, fleshed-out bass overall. Someone asked a similar question here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760/11265#post_9729619

project86 wrote that Cosmic Ears BA4R is very similar to Etys ER4 sound signature.

joker, when can we expect your first impressions on CA Music One?
post #11411 of 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

 

Ultimately it'll come down to what you're looking for. The GR02 BE has more bass than the E30 by quite margin but still manages to sound very good overall. It does not need an amp.

 

 

Thanks.

After some research I have narrowed down to these 3 - MH1C, GR02 and E30

Which one of them is best suited for rock music ?

post #11412 of 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post
 

 

    the best you can get is e10 ( in india ) , use sony tips , they will help with isolation . by the way what are you looking for , bass clarity , or just sq ?

Kind of an all rounder :tongue:


Edited by Hitesh - 9/6/13 at 4:30am
post #11413 of 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh View Post
 

Kind of an all rounder :tongue:

gr2be good for electronic bass music, but for guitar or female vocal is not good because middle recessed and have sibilance. Maybe lg quadbeat or vsd1s is more better for you.


Edited by stimer - 9/6/13 at 5:00am
post #11414 of 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh View Post
 

Kind of an all rounder :tongue:

 

     get the mh1c , it will do , if you can , then get the vsd1/vsd1s they have really nice feedback .

   now these days even mobile companies are ready to up the ante , sony has mh1/mh1c , lg got quadbeat and now samsung has the dual driver ones floting with the s4 . nice going .

post #11415 of 14611

Hi Joker,

 

I don't seem to be able to get a great fit with any over-the-ear IEMs for any length of time.  I have larger size ear canals and lose the seal frequently. Even the GR-07's adjustable nozzle only helps so much.

 

I have much better luck with IEMs like the XBA-3 and HF3 that can be worn straight down.

 

Any suggestions for IEMs that provide the best combination of sound quality and comfort, that can be worn cable down?

 

Ideally, I am looking for a "natural" sound signature, rather than strictly neutral, with some low-end extension and good treble. Timbre important. (I think I would like it if the W4 and PFE232 had a baby :smile:) Cost not necessarily a factor.

 

Thanks!


Edited by RapidPulse - 9/6/13 at 7:58pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)