Joker, which do you think I would like better, the FXD-80 or the EPH-100? I listen to rap and rock music, and sometimes a little jazz. Are the EPH's worth $60 more than the FXD-80s? I want good isolation and comfort, as well as a smooth sound.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) - Page 742
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11117 of 146068/5/13 at 12:10amQuote:
Amazon has the EPH-100 for under $115. I do not have either one, but based on reviews and the type of music you listen to, and if your ear canal is not too small, you might enjoy the EPH-100.post #11118 of 146068/5/13 at 6:38ampost #11119 of 146068/5/13 at 6:54amQuote:
Take the Meelec M6 or S6 - you'll enjoy it!post #11120 of 146068/5/13 at 7:24amQuote:
Would probably help if you gave him your preferred music preference or sound signature.. there's a couple great options with over-ear wears. :)post #11121 of 146068/5/13 at 7:37amQuote:
I am guessing it isn't jazz, opera or classical . Probably something upbeat like rock or hip hop.post #11122 of 146068/5/13 at 8:54amThread StarterQuote:
They are pretty well-matched in everything aside from sound signature but for smooth sound I'd choose the EPH-100 despite the price gap.Quote:
The MEElec M6 mentioned above is a good cheap option. I don't really recommend buying non-sport earphones even if they sound better because it's not clear how they will hold up to sweat, etc. However, I've seen some good feedback on the soundmagic E30 being used for sports and I used my older soundmagic PL30 at the gym for years, so I'd make an exception for that. It lacks the memory wire of the M6 but has a more hi-fi sound to it and still doesn't cost an arm and a leg.post #11123 of 146068/5/13 at 10:44ampost #11124 of 146068/5/13 at 10:49am
I was wondering if you've tried the HTC bundled headset? They sound pretty good to me for a bundled headphone and if my memory is at least close to accurate, they sound more enjoyable compared to the MH1c. Really nice bassy iem I must say; comparable to the Zero Audio Basso. Although not as refined but definitely worth keeping.post #11125 of 146068/5/13 at 11:10am
The Westones sound like I good fit, however, from what I've read, the UE Merlin might also be worth a shot, I just want to make sure I get the signature right before buying, there is nowhere in my area where I can try on universal fit versions sadly. Thanks again.post #11126 of 146068/5/13 at 12:29pmpost #11127 of 146068/5/13 at 3:02pmpost #11128 of 146068/5/13 at 7:20pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by d marc0
I was wondering if you've tried the HTC bundled headset? They sound pretty good to me for a bundled headphone and if my memory is at least close to accurate, they sound more enjoyable compared to the MH1c. Really nice bassy iem I must say; comparable to the Zero Audio Basso. Although not as refined but definitely worth keeping.
My HTC phone came with a set of HTC-branded earbuds (not an in-ear headset). Never seen that one before.Quote:Originally Posted by BLACKSasquatch
The Westones sound like I good fit, however, from what I've read, the UE Merlin might also be worth a shot, I just want to make sure I get the signature right before buying, there is nowhere in my area where I can try on universal fit versions sadly. Thanks again.
No doubt. Getting the customs with the right sound signature is 100% worth your time.post #11129 of 146068/5/13 at 7:55pmQuote:
Mee M6 / S6 :) If you want armature goodness try Sony XBA - 65 :)post #11130 of 146068/5/13 at 8:40pm
I'm saving a lot of cash for a high quality in-ear earphone. I'm between the Shure SE846 or a custom Westone ES5. My musical tastes are varied, I listen electronic, rock, metal, classic and instrumental music. I do like warm sound with good amount of bass but not overwhelming, I like the sound of the westone 4 I currently own. What would yo recommend me? If you where in my shoes which one would you go for?
Thank You!!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 3 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Unofficial V-MODA XL Pads thread. 1 minute ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: T-PEOS Altone 200 Review!) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a compact, single-box solution for the HD600?... 5 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)