Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) - Page 674

post #10096 of 14601

Phillips Oneil Treads should be able to stand much more abuse

 

though eventually he has to learn that earphones are sensitive, fragile electromechanical devices

post #10097 of 14601

Bit stuck on a sub-£50 IEM. Want something cable down, decent isolation/microphonics. Not sure on what sound style, but I suppose I just want a balanced, detailed but non-fatiguing sound? I can't stand sound which is bloated or muddy, I equally don't want something too harsh either as I think it will become draining to listen to over time. Genre wise, rock mostly. Bit of electric/acoustic/punk/metal.

 

Looking at E10, E30 or the M2 at the moment. Thoughts?

post #10098 of 14601

any thoughts on inearcustom.com?

do you have to pay a visit to an audiologist for that?
 

post #10099 of 14601

does anyone if the headphone jack on a fx101 is supposed to say china on it

post #10100 of 14601

I was wondering what i should look for, i was looking into Atrio MG7's for IEM's.

 

My taste is Bass, Vocals(Priority), Good Treble as well. I listen To Hip-Hop like Kendrick Lamar, 90's old school rap, some rock, and trance/techno.

 

I currently own the Klipsch S4 and i'm looking for same amount of bass if not better but, i want better vocals. i also looked into Westone however hate the over the ear feeling

post #10101 of 14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

I am using a set from an old SuperFi3. I don't think they make this kind of tip anymore. Closest modern equivalent is probably the standard (Meelec, etc) 5mm bi-flange. 

 

 

I took a look at meelectronic website but I couldnt find the 5mm ones, they didnt mention it in the specs... 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KainXS View Post

does anyone if the headphone jack on a fx101 is supposed to say china on it

 

JVC HA-FX40 owner here, the jack does have the word "china" on it

post #10102 of 14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by KainXS View Post

does anyone if the headphone jack on a fx101 is supposed to say china on it


Yeah, I've got one and it says China on the jack.  Picked mine up in a retail store too, so I wouldn't worry about it being the indicator of a fake or anything.

post #10103 of 14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerBall View Post

Bit stuck on a sub-£50 IEM. Want something cable down, decent isolation/microphonics. Not sure on what sound style, but I suppose I just want a balanced, detailed but non-fatiguing sound? I can't stand sound which is bloated or muddy, I equally don't want something too harsh either as I think it will become draining to listen to over time. Genre wise, rock mostly. Bit of electric/acoustic/punk/metal.

 

Looking at E10, E30 or the M2 at the moment. Thoughts?


Think E30 would be most comfortable for your preferred type of sound

post #10104 of 14601
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerBall View Post

Bit stuck on a sub-£50 IEM. Want something cable down, decent isolation/microphonics. Not sure on what sound style, but I suppose I just want a balanced, detailed but non-fatiguing sound? I can't stand sound which is bloated or muddy, I equally don't want something too harsh either as I think it will become draining to listen to over time. Genre wise, rock mostly. Bit of electric/acoustic/punk/metal.

 

Looking at E10, E30 or the M2 at the moment. Thoughts?

 

The E30 is the more balanced of those three but it's worn over-the-ear. Is the UE500 available to you? They've been really cheap here in the US lately: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B003YKG2XM. Good option for what you're after.

 

The Brainwavz M1 is also a better option for balanced sound than the M2. Similar isolation and cable noise, just less bassy and more mid-centric, but in a pleasant way.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post

any thoughts on inearcustom.com?

do you have to pay a visit to an audiologist for that?
 

 

No experience with them but it looks like they provide a DIY impression kit or give you a $10 discount if you send in your own impressions (from an audiologist, for example).
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Dark Soul View Post

I was wondering what i should look for, i was looking into Atrio MG7's for IEM's.

 

My taste is Bass, Vocals(Priority), Good Treble as well. I listen To Hip-Hop like Kendrick Lamar, 90's old school rap, some rock, and trance/techno.

 

I currently own the Klipsch S4 and i'm looking for same amount of bass if not better but, i want better vocals. i also looked into Westone however hate the over the ear feeling

 

If you're prioritizing vocals you may want to pass on the MG7 - it's better than the S4 in that regard but it still puts more emphasis on bass. I don't think any of the Westone models will have enough bass for you except the W3.

If vocals are a priority, followed by bass, and the price range is ~MG7 or below, I would go for the Yamaha EPH-100. If you want something a little more v-shaped like the S4, the FXT90 from JVC should do it without giving up much vocal presence.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequencyBlue View Post

 

I took a look at meelectronic website but I couldnt find the 5mm ones, they didnt mention it in the specs... 


These are the ones I was thinking of: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts1-df-50-cl.htm 

post #10105 of 14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaixax555 View Post


Think E30 would be most comfortable for your preferred type of sound

 

I was originally leaning towards these but I've heard some negative things about them being worn straight down with regards to isolation, microphonics and comfort. Any thoughts on straight down E30s?

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

The E30 is the more balanced of those three but it's worn over-the-ear. Is the UE500 available to you? They've been really cheap here in the US lately: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B003YKG2XM. Good option for what you're after.

 

The Brainwavz M1 is also a better option for balanced sound than the M2. Similar isolation and cable noise, just less bassy and more mid-centric, but in a pleasant way.

I'll take a look at the M1 and after a quick look I can't seem to source the UE500 easily. I'll have a better look around when I have time later.

 

I've seen in some places that the E30s can be worn down but at some sacrifice, can you shed any light on wearing them straight down? Unsure if you still have access to them after review.


Edited by RollerBall - 4/25/13 at 7:13pm
post #10106 of 14601
Kind of ridiculous that right now the mic version of the UE500 is going for 3x the price of the regular version... I was looking at it for a gift. tongue.gif
post #10107 of 14601

joker, please update these list such as; 281 IEMs compared Philips S1/S2, Sony MH1c added ... etc ...

post #10108 of 14601
What's there to update? Pretty sure he always updates it when he actually adds reviews to the first post(s), AFAIK his S1/2 review is only at Inner Fidelity right now... Did he get around to reviewing the MH1C? I looked around but didn't see it posted anywhere...
Edited by Impulse - 4/26/13 at 7:54am
post #10109 of 14601
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerBall View Post

 

I was originally leaning towards these but I've heard some negative things about them being worn straight down with regards to isolation, microphonics and comfort. Any thoughts on straight down E30s?

 


I'll take a look at the M1 and after a quick look I can't seem to source the UE500 easily. I'll have a better look around when I have time later.

 

I've seen in some places that the E30s can be worn down but at some sacrifice, can you shed any light on wearing them straight down? Unsure if you still have access to them after review.

 

I tried but couldn't really wear the E30 cable-down. I find cable-up comfortable myself, and that's what the E30 was designed for anyway.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post

Kind of ridiculous that right now the mic version of the UE500 is going for 3x the price of the regular version... I was looking at it for a gift. tongue.gif

 

Glass half empty. You can also say it's ridiculous that the regular one is down to $25 wink.gif. I am guessing headsets are overtaking normal stereo earphones in popularity/sales. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalper View Post

joker, please update these list such as; 281 IEMs compared Philips S1/S2, Sony MH1c added ... etc ...

 

All in due time. I haven't finished the MH1C review yet and the Philips reviews need to be re-written / re-formatted for Head-Fi

post #10110 of 14601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post


These are the ones I was thinking of: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Eartips_p/ts1-df-50-cl.htm 

 

Thanks! I assume the other colors (black, grey) are similar as well? Going to grab the grey ones

 

btw, are you still writing that SHE3580 review?


Edited by FrequencyBlue - 4/26/13 at 9:01am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)