Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 959)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 959) - Page 867

post #12991 of 14370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdraluck23 View Post
 

Deciding between B2's, VC1000's (~125) and a used pair of ER4S (~190) or similar. Anybody have thoughts? Comfort is huge, and I like to wear over ear... Not mandatory though. I had R-50's and want something similar, but a little smoother, just a touch. (maybe a slight bass quantity bump just a liiittleeeeee)

I think the DBA-02 MKII would be worth looking into also

post #12992 of 14370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcode View Post
 

I think the DBA-02 MKII would be worth looking into also

As I understand the B2 is remarkably similar but at a different price?

post #12993 of 14370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdraluck23 View Post
 

As I understand the B2 is remarkably similar but at a different price?

 

I only own the B2 so all I can do is speculate. The B2s, R-50, and MK II all use TWFK drivers, so keep that in mind too.

post #12994 of 14370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdraluck23 View Post
 

Deciding between B2's, VC1000's (~125) and a used pair of ER4S (~190) or similar. Anybody have thoughts? Comfort is huge, and I like to wear over ear... Not mandatory though. I had R-50's and want something similar, but a little smoother, just a touch. (maybe a slight bass quantity bump just a liiittleeeeee)

I would go for the er4s coz for me it sounds better than any twfk-based iem I've tried. It does require deep insertion, so depending on your ears that can affect the comfort but something like the B2 with it's too angled nozzle is more uncomfortable IMO. The VC1000 and dba02 mk2 will probably be your best bet comfort-wise. As far as the sound, the dba02 mk2 and VC1000 should fit your requirements for slightly smoother and bassier sound than R50 coz neither the B2 nor er4s are more forgiving or have more bass than r-50

post #12995 of 14370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcode View Post
 

 

I only own the B2 so all I can do is speculate. The B2s, R-50, and MK II all use TWFK drivers, so keep that in mind too.

I know, and I like it, just looking for a different tuning I think.

post #12996 of 14370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdraluck23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcode View Post

 

I only own the B2 so all I can do is speculate. The B2s, R-50, and MK II all use TWFK drivers, so keep that in mind too.
I know, and I like it, just looking for a different tuning I think.

Have you tried using an impedance adapter? Anything between 25-100 Ohms seems to work. Will give you slightly different results. Also try tip rolling a bit as R-50 stock tips are kind of a pain. I really enjoyed comply Ts-series with the R-50. I kind of miss them.
post #12997 of 14370
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

Have you tried using an impedance adapter? Anything between 25-100 Ohms seems to work. Will give you slightly different results. Also try tip rolling a bit as R-50 stock tips are kind of a pain. I really enjoyed comply Ts-series with the R-50. I kind of miss them.

That's exactly what I used. I never did use an adapter, but I did use them with my C&C BH2. Where can I acquire an impedance adapter? It's also worth noting that my R-50's look like this:

 

At the moment. Got washered and Dryered. Never done that before, it was a bad move.

 

I liked the R-50's a lot, but again, that harshness was there, I want something a little smoother and weightier. I don't want to lose out on accuracy/technical proficiency though.

post #12998 of 14370

@ljokerl: I don't know how you keep up! With the number of times I have referred new users to this thread, perhaps it should be required reading for joining:wink_face:

post #12999 of 14370
Edit: nevermind.
Edited by vaed - 2/20/14 at 5:02am
post #13000 of 14370

joker, have you tried the ckm500 little sibling, the ckm300? I'm wondering because you did review the 500 before didnt you?

post #13001 of 14370

Joker,

I recently purchased the MA750s. While I think I have really found a good sounding set of IEMs for the money, they kill my ears. For some reason they end up resting on my lower lobe and just become painful. I wear mine on longer flights so they have to be comfortable. So now, I am looking for something with a similar sound signature. If I had to be picky, the 750s are a touch thicker than I like in the lower mids and I could stand for a touch more detail in the upper registers. I do like the sub bass though. Not a bass head but there is something about the elevation in this region that I really like. What would you recommend I look towards in the same price range. I'll figure out the comfort issue on my own. I just want sound recommendations.

post #13002 of 14370

What are IEMs like for gaming?

post #13003 of 14370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

 

Interesting question. I would say:

 

$50-100: VSonic VC02 or Etymotic Research MC5, MEElec A161P if you want to jump into BA right away

$100-200: Etymotic HF5 or Rock-It Sounds R-50/VSonic VC1000/Brainwavz B2

$200+: Etymotic ER4S, j-Phonic K2 SP (if you're in Japan)

Customs: 1964EARS V6-Stage (balanced), JHAudio JH13 Pro (bassier), Hidition NT 6 (brighter)

 

I bolded my personal picks at each level. 


Big thanks. :)

 

What about Logitech UE700 and Fischer DBA-02 mkII, regarding their sound signature?

post #13004 of 14370
Quote:
Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post
 

Joker,

I recently purchased the MA750s. While I think I have really found a good sounding set of IEMs for the money, they kill my ears. For some reason they end up resting on my lower lobe and just become painful. I wear mine on longer flights so they have to be comfortable. So now, I am looking for something with a similar sound signature. If I had to be picky, the 750s are a touch thicker than I like in the lower mids and I could stand for a touch more detail in the upper registers. I do like the sub bass though. Not a bass head but there is something about the elevation in this region that I really like. What would you recommend I look towards in the same price range. I'll figure out the comfort issue on my own. I just want sound recommendations.

 

PFEs with grey filters might be a good choice for your criteria if you have a powerful source like X3.

post #13005 of 14370

+1 ozkan... Phonak PFE012 with grey filters sounds amazing. Very hard to beat at that price.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 959)