Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 958)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 958) - Page 595

post #8911 of 14435
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino584 View Post


They are somewhat of a crossbreed between the ER4S and ER4P (via inline switch) but don't have the treble like the ER4S and slightly less micro-detail. It's the same technology but just branded under Antec Lancing.


In that case, why not the ER4?

post #8912 of 14435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post


In that case, why not the ER4?

I just bought the Q701s for my desktop set up. tongue.gif And I a bit more microdetails but a bit more body to the sound as opposed to being so dry. I think the CK10s would be perfect, but again, I just spent 270 on importing the Q701s (whih still saved me 100 biggrin.gif)
Edited by domino584 - 12/2/12 at 7:03pm
post #8913 of 14435

Hi Joker and all I'm a newbie to IEM looking for an entry level IEM. so far I have narrow down my target to Westone UM1 or Westone1 or Shure 215. I can't search for a review of Westone UM1 in your post so I would just ask here, hope you don't mind biggrin.gif  

the music I listen to the most is vocal,guitar music and instrumental music, so I'm looking for an IEM with clear and analytical sound. I've read your reviews on Westone1 and it doesn't sound too good haha :P some people also comment on that UM1 is very boring while Shure215 offers very rich and playful listening experience.

 

well, according to the genre of music I listen to, which one would you guys recommend me? thanks a lot biggrin.gifbigsmile_face.gif

post #8914 of 14435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jumper View Post

Are any of these dual BAs?  Phonak 021/022 and the Ety's are single, aren;t they?  I probably should have taken your advice on the A161Ps the first time.  I was worried about the brand...  :-(

Got the Ety's on my wish list now.  Maybe I'll sell my Shure SE215s and trade up a little...

JJ

MEElec's great, good warranty/support... I haven't tried their more expensive models tho, ended up with my Ety's cause I caught a great deal on them ($55 @ Cowboom), otherwise I probably would've gone for the A161P.
Edited by Impulse - 12/2/12 at 10:27pm
post #8915 of 14435

In case anyone is interested (you're not). My GR04s broke, so I've been giving the MH1C more attention. They supposedly need 100hrs of burn in(not sure I buy it, but why not?), which they are maybe 1/3 of the way through.  Despite my earlier criticisms, they're not bad. The bass is actually whimsically ridiculously overdone, but behind that is a really competent IEM. The mids are absolutely fantastic, and with the "bass reducer" eq on my ipod, I'm pretty happy. Though, the bass is still a tad overwhelming (yes, there really is THAT much). I think I still prefer the GR04 (and lack of need for eq), but the margin isn't huge. The MH1Cs are a bit harder to get into the right spot, too deep and they flex oddly, and form too good of a seal, they need to just perch in your ear, which given the long slender design isn't always easy. Anyway, I think they certainly are well above the GR02, and for a basshead, they may even beat out the GR04, the mids really are spectacular, when I eq down the bass, the mids sound slightly less impressive, for some reason. I notice that when using the bass reducer, the midbass is a tad light, while the subbass is a tad excessive, so that may be why the mids impress less on bass reducer.

 

Joker, hurry up, you need to give these a try.

post #8916 of 14435

Ok So I am looking to buy a new earphones (preferably for under 50$). I currently have V-Moda M80's and I want something with the similar sound, maybe a tad more bass impact.

 

Any Suggestions?

post #8917 of 14435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post

Ok So I am looking to buy a new earphones (preferably for under 50$). I currently have V-Moda M80's and I want something with the similar sound, maybe a tad more bass impact.

 

Any Suggestions?


I'd say that you should check out the MH1C. They're ~$20-$30, and have insane amounts of detail, image really well. Honestly, I would love these things if there wasn't so much bass. Also, they have controls for smartphones and mp3 players. With my iPod, only the start/stop really works, but they're still there.

 

With my phone, the start/stop and forward/back buttons work.

post #8918 of 14435
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post


I'd say that you should check out the MH1C. They're ~$20-$30, and have insane amounts of detail, image really well. Honestly, I would love these things if there wasn't so much bass. Also, they have controls for smartphones and mp3 players. With my iPod, only the start/stop really works, but they're still there.

 

With my phone, the start/stop and forward/back buttons work.

Is it this ?
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Livesound-Headphones-Earphones-Head-sets/dp/B008CCSD7K

My only concern is that the bass overpowering the detail.

post #8919 of 14435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post


I'd say that you should check out the MH1C. They're ~$20-$30, and have insane amounts of detail, image really well. Honestly, I would love these things if there wasn't so much bass. Also, they have controls for smartphones and mp3 players. With my iPod, only the start/stop really works, but they're still there.

 

With my phone, the start/stop and forward/back buttons work.

Is it this ?
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Livesound-Headphones-Earphones-Head-sets/dp/B008CCSD7K

My only concern is that the bass overpowering the detail.

Probably, I explain below.

 

I mean, when I first got them the bass was a bit overpowering, after a few days of burn in, it's pretty crazy how much detail there is, even with the bass. I'd say that you won't be disappointed.

 

What device will you be using them with? Because they have the mic and all that, they use a TRRS plug. There are two ways to wire a TRRS plug, basically switching the ground and the controls. The vast majority of devices use the MH1C way of wiring it (which is what you linked to). A few older devices use the MH1 wiring.

post #8920 of 14435
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post

Probably, I explain below.

 

I mean, when I first got them the bass was a bit overpowering, after a few days of burn in, it's pretty crazy how much detail there is, even with the bass. I'd say that you won't be disappointed.

 

What device will you be using them with? Because they have the mic and all that, they use a TRRS plug. There are two ways to wire a TRRS plug, basically switching the ground and the controls. The vast majority of devices use the MH1C way of wiring it (which is what you linked to). A few older devices use the MH1 wiring.

Primarily gonna use it with my MacBook Pro and my Galaxy SII ( and the next phone I am going to upgrade to).

 

Also is there any different between MH1 and MH1C?


Edited by Mysterious - 12/3/12 at 12:39am
post #8921 of 14435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post

Probably, I explain below.

 

I mean, when I first got them the bass was a bit overpowering, after a few days of burn in, it's pretty crazy how much detail there is, even with the bass. I'd say that you won't be disappointed.

 

What device will you be using them with? Because they have the mic and all that, they use a TRRS plug. There are two ways to wire a TRRS plug, basically switching the ground and the controls. The vast majority of devices use the MH1C way of wiring it (which is what you linked to). A few older devices use the MH1 wiring.

Primarily gonna use it with my MacBook Pro and my Galaxy SII ( and the next phone I am going to upgrade to).

 

Also is there any different between MH1 and MH1C?


Yes, as I just explained, there is a difference in the way the plug is wired. With both of those devices, the MH1C will work, the MH1 will not.

post #8922 of 14435
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino584 View Post


I just bought the Q701s for my desktop set up. tongue.gif And I a bit more microdetails but a bit more body to the sound as opposed to being so dry. I think the CK10s would be perfect, but again, I just spent 270 on importing the Q701s (whih still saved me 100 biggrin.gif)

 

In that case the GR01 or DBA-02 mkII. Not much cheaper the ER4S but a little thicker-sounding.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vergeLaD View Post

Hi Joker and all I'm a newbie to IEM looking for an entry level IEM. so far I have narrow down my target to Westone UM1 or Westone1 or Shure 215. I can't search for a review of Westone UM1 in your post so I would just ask here, hope you don't mind biggrin.gif  

the music I listen to the most is vocal,guitar music and instrumental music, so I'm looking for an IEM with clear and analytical sound. I've read your reviews on Westone1 and it doesn't sound too good haha :P some people also comment on that UM1 is very boring while Shure215 offers very rich and playful listening experience.

 

well, according to the genre of music I listen to, which one would you guys recommend me? thanks a lot biggrin.gifbigsmile_face.gif

 

I've never actually heard the UM1. I don't think the W1 is a great value, not compared to something like a Rock-It R-30. I don't find either to be particularly analytical but I would recommend the SE215 over the W1 any day if you don't mind the enhanced bass of the Shures. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post

Ok So I am looking to buy a new earphones (preferably for under 50$). I currently have V-Moda M80's and I want something with the similar sound, maybe a tad more bass impact.

 

Any Suggestions?


From what I've tried (which doesn't include the MH1C) i'd check out the Brainwavz M5 and maybe the Dunu DN-12. They won't be a match for the M-80's performance but they're good for the asking price and have the sound signature you want. 

post #8923 of 14435

Just received my GR06,listened to it few mins and i'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome.

Can't wait to have them burn in correctly.

Thanks to ljokerl for the suggestion!

post #8924 of 14435

 I'm looking for a new set of $100 (or about £50-70) IEMs. I'm completely new to IEM's; the last pair of headphones I had were Sennheiser OMX-181's which sounded average but never properly fitted. I'll be using them mainly while walking/commuting on busses etc around town and with some cycling too, so I want a pair that will fit properly, won't be uncomfortable when worn for hours at a time and offers fairly good isolation. I tend to listen to a fairly wide variety of music, so some piano pieces, rock, pop, easy listening, r+b and some folk but I'm more centred around rock. I like my music to have rich bass but not so that it smothers the rest of the trebels and mids. I'd like a set that would keep a good sense of the bass while giving me the detail in the mids and highs that I've not had in my previous earphones up to now... something that will give a good sense of balance all around and help me to hear every note.

 

I posted in the advice threads and I've got a few to consider but I honestly don't know which will suit my needs better:

 

1) VSonic GR06

2) MEElectronics A161P

3) PFE012

4) SE215

 

With either of these IEM's are they proven to be reliable? Will the stock tips provided be comfortable or can you recommend other tips that will be more comfortable and provide the best sound? How long is the burn in with these IEM's? How big of an issue is it for the GR06 not to have a cable clinch? Are there some different IEM's in my price range that will fit my needs better that I've missed?

 

I'll be using whatever set with a Nokia Lumia 920 for music as well as a Creative Zen X-Fi MP3 player.

post #8925 of 14435

I've got about 150$ to burn on a replacement for my eph-100.

I'm looking for an iem with a very clear presentation over a dark background (similar or better then the eph-100). I listen to a lot of classical music but can't say I enjoy a very analytical listen. I'd rather a warm detailed sound. Also, hopefully the treble isn't as absent as on the eph :( 

 

 

With that said, considering a dark background being my primary criteria. Would the gr01 fit the bill (should I really stray from a dynamic driver) or are there any better/other suggestions?


Edited by salad - 12/3/12 at 3:36pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 958)