- 15 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 958) - Page 716post #10726 of 144126/23/13 at 9:22pmIn the re-400 portion, you mention a zippered carrying case, but my package of my own re-400s did not include one. Where did you hear of this case?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10727 of 144126/23/13 at 10:40pmThread StarterQuote:
Several months ago someone mentioned that they bought an RE-400 and got a case. I confirmed with HiFiMan that all RE-400s were shipping with them now (not in the packaging, but on the side). I didn't get a chance to add the info until recently. Might only apply to those RE-400s purchased directly from Head-Direct. Where did you get yours?post #10728 of 144126/24/13 at 2:21ampost #10729 of 144126/24/13 at 7:27amQuote:
I didn't think that I got the cable winder either until I turned that foam packing material upside down. It was underneath.
No case though, and I too bought mine from Head Direct fulfilled by Amazon.post #10730 of 144126/24/13 at 8:43ampost #10731 of 144126/24/13 at 8:51amThread Starterpost #10732 of 144126/24/13 at 9:36ampost #10733 of 144126/24/13 at 10:22ampost #10734 of 144126/24/13 at 1:02pmpost #10735 of 144126/24/13 at 1:21pmpost #10736 of 144126/24/13 at 5:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Seems like the RE272 would have been good for you but sadly it's been discontinued. The lesser treble quantity of the RE-400 makes it the 'safe' choice but you would probably like the new Philips Fidelio S1/S2 IEMs - they do have more bass than the RE-400, especially subbass, but as a result the mid-bass is actually not as prominent. More importantly, the Philips IEMs are a little brighter. I would recommend you try them first because I can see the treble being at the limit of someone's tolerance but they are definitely not as "hot" up top as the GR07.
There is just not enough reviews for philips in-ears, and waterline is for now my choice number one, i went trough your review once more and as waterline is missing that top end something, i found 10 other in-ears that are all missing something, but more or less fit the description of what i want:
VSonic R02 Silver
Head-Direct (HiFiMan) RE-ZERO
Sunrise SW-Xcape v. 1
HiFiMan RE-400 Waterline
Rock-It Sounds R-50
Fischer Audio DBA-02 mkII
What would be most analytic but not fatiguing and musical, most extended and flat headphone in both ways, with neither bass or highs overshadowing mids, and without mid bass hump? It can definitly lean more towards analytic, but just not all the way, cuz it is my only pair for now.
Also, if there is the need, if there is tremendous difference i can go up to 200, but since this is just a temporary solution, i would like to buy cheapest one that fits the description.
Thank you for your reviews, they are very helpful, its not like im lazy and just want u to chew up and spit the answer for me, i have red the reviews several times, but im still a bit confused about what the best in ear for me would be at the moment, because i still have to live with it for at least 6 months if not a year or more.
Edited by lksndr - 6/24/13 at 6:39pmpost #10737 of 144126/24/13 at 8:37pmpost #10738 of 144126/24/13 at 9:01pmpost #10739 of 144126/24/13 at 9:04pmQuote:
One off the top of my head is the Hifman RE-272. For cheaper, you could also do the RE400.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 958)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 24 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 44 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › best headphone in the world? 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Cary Audio SLI 80 - Owners Unite! 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)