Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 958)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 958) - Page 685

post #10261 of 14412

So, I was thinking about getting the MC5s, but now that I think about it, I already have headphones for studio use, and will be getting some more soon. While I am very much into the "neutral-like" sound, and I  need a fair amount of  isolation (at least a 3.5 on this scale, but the more the better), I want something that still sounds fun. Any suggestions while still in that price range (from $30 to $70)?

 

Edit: If it isn't neutral-like, I'd rather it have a slight lean towards treble. When out and about, I usually maintain a focus of electronic (dubstep, house) and sometimes more orchestral music. I'm not much of a bass lover, though, so I'd rather keep that around average levels. Thanks!


Edited by daleb - 5/11/13 at 10:53pm
post #10262 of 14412
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

I do like the JH13Pro better, but I don't know if I would call it an upgrade over the Miracle unless you're looking specifically for what it offers over the Miracle, namely a bit more bass punch, clearer and more prominent mids, and a more forward presentation.

 

Yeah, i am looking for another CIEM that is able to express some music in a wilder more powerful way. The only thing i worry about JH13pro is its bass that will bleed into mids. 

My Miracles sound, just like what Mimouille said, "too" polite, though Miracles is really good at classical. 


Edited by Alias Gu - 5/11/13 at 10:12pm
post #10263 of 14412
Joker,

Thanks for the EPH-100 recommendation. I picked up the MTPGs for a few weeks. They performed well. I notice the Yamahas push an equal if not higher amount of bass. They do so with more detail. And they offer more detail throughout the spectrum.

Overall I'm very pleased with the Yamahas for portable/work use. Once they're fully broken in I bet I'll enjoy them for a long time.

Time to improve my source/headphones for home use!
post #10264 of 14412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Yeah, i am looking for another CIEM that is able to express some music in a wilder more powerful way. The only thing i worry about JH13pro is its bass that will bleed into mids. 

My Miracles sound, just like what Mimouille said, "too" polite, though Miracles is really good at classical. 


You know some source / cable rolling can also push the sound of your Miracles. Otherwise I am thinking 1plus2.

post #10265 of 14412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsethief View Post

Joker,

Thanks for the EPH-100 recommendation. I picked up the MTPGs for a few weeks. They performed well. I notice the Yamahas push an equal if not higher amount of bass. They do so with more detail. And they offer more detail throughout the spectrum.

Overall I'm very pleased with the Yamahas for portable/work use. Once they're fully broken in I bet I'll enjoy them for a long time.

Time to improve my source/headphones for home use!

The Yamaha EPH100 are the bomb for EDM music!

I've been enjoying them for over 7 months already, still going strong. biggrin.gif
post #10266 of 14412

Hey joker, don't know if you remember me, You recommended me the CW31 and I told you my first impressions of them back then. Turns out I wasn't getting a good fit, I needed to push them back deeper by sort of pulling up my ear. I've been listening to them like this for about two months I think, and it's alot better. The bass is alot more.. Well, existing, and the treble is smoother. I would love more transparency in more crowded recordings, but it really is pretty great with every genre. Thanks for the recommendation :)

post #10267 of 14412

I just read the ATH-CKM500 review and I must say it completely matches my description.

post #10268 of 14412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


You know some source / cable rolling can also push the sound of your Miracles. Otherwise I am thinking 1plus2.

Yes, i know. The reason i sold out my To Go! 334 is not because it sounds worse than my Miracles, but To Go! 334 can't provide the ideal fit to me since i got my Miralce. Same to universal 1+2, (if 1+2 is a CIEM, that will be a different story.) 

About source, cable is not affordable to me, so i will never think about purchasing an extremely expensive cable to improve my Miracle. About source, i do care about portability of devices such as AK100 and Ipod Classic. But they sound really bad. The only device i will think about in the near future is DX100. AK120 probably will be a wise choice until its price bounces back to normal.  

post #10269 of 14412
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

So, I was thinking about getting the MC5s, but now that I think about it, I already have headphones for studio use, and will be getting some more soon. While I am very much into the "neutral-like" sound, and I  need a fair amount of  isolation (at least a 3.5 on this scale, but the more the better), I want something that still sounds fun. Any suggestions while still in that price range (from $30 to $70)?

 

Edit: If it isn't neutral-like, I'd rather it have a slight lean towards treble. When out and about, I usually maintain a focus of electronic (dubstep, house) and sometimes more orchestral music. I'm not much of a bass lover, though, so I'd rather keep that around average levels. Thanks!

 

The VSonic VC02 should be up your alley. Isolation isn't as great as with an Ety but it's good for commuting and it has a balanced but still punchy and enjoyable signature. Another option might be a MEElec A161P. Last I remember amazon had some open box ones at the $60 mark and someone mentioned getting one for $55 a few days ago. Bass is good by balanced armature standards and it has a neutral-ish sound overall. Treble is present, though it is a bit less bright than the VC02. Good introduction to BA sound - probably as good as it gets for the money. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Yeah, i am looking for another CIEM that is able to express some music in a wilder more powerful way. The only thing i worry about JH13pro is its bass that will bleed into mids. 

My Miracles sound, just like what Mimouille said, "too" polite, though Miracles is really good at classical. 

 

Well, you will give up a tiny bit of the Miracle's complete lack of bleed with the JH13. The only set I've heard that has similar bass tightness but a bit more quantity is the Hidition NT 6. The rest of the ones I've heard are either warmer/bassier than the Miracle (e.g. Westone ES5, Heir 8.A) or have less low end (e.g. Lime Ears LE3).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsethief View Post

Joker,

Thanks for the EPH-100 recommendation. I picked up the MTPGs for a few weeks. They performed well. I notice the Yamahas push an equal if not higher amount of bass. They do so with more detail. And they offer more detail throughout the spectrum.

Overall I'm very pleased with the Yamahas for portable/work use. Once they're fully broken in I bet I'll enjoy them for a long time.

Time to improve my source/headphones for home use!

 

Glad you like them! Yeah, I really can't think of a reason to get the MTPG over the EPH-100 except maybe soundstage width, if that's important, or if you like your mids less prominent than with the EPH-100. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orel View Post

Hey joker, don't know if you remember me, You recommended me the CW31 and I told you my first impressions of them back then. Turns out I wasn't getting a good fit, I needed to push them back deeper by sort of pulling up my ear. I've been listening to them like this for about two months I think, and it's alot better. The bass is alot more.. Well, existing, and the treble is smoother. I would love more transparency in more crowded recordings, but it really is pretty great with every genre. Thanks for the recommendation :)

 

Glad to hear that beerchug.gif. They are not the clearest things out there these days but as you said the bass is decent and the treble is quite smooth. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sandro- View Post

I just read the ATH-CKM500 review and I must say it completely matches my description.


beerchug.gif

post #10270 of 14412
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

The VSonic VC02 should be up your alley. Isolation isn't as great as with an Ety but it's good for commuting and it has a balanced but still punchy and enjoyable signature. Another option might be a MEElec A161P. Last I remember amazon had some open box ones at the $60 mark and someone mentioned getting one for $55 a few days ago. Bass is good by balanced armature standards and it has a neutral-ish sound overall. Treble is present, though it is a bit less bright than the VC02. Good introduction to BA sound - probably as good as it gets for the money. 

I think I am going to go with the VC02s, those sound like they are the ones for me. Right now I have the M9s, so I don't know if I want anymore MEElecs. Thanks for the suggestion!

post #10271 of 14412
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Glad to hear that beerchug.gif. They are not the clearest things out there these days but as you said the bass is decent and the treble is quite smooth. 

Yea, I said more existing because I barely heard it before I inserted it properly, I actually think the bass is pretty good :P I agree with your review of it and using the Bi-Flange tips the isolation is quite good in my opinion :)

post #10272 of 14412

my A161P just fell off the table and hit the floor :\

doesnt seem like anything happened...but i was wondering

if balanced armatures are resistant to shock like dynamics?

please don't laugh at me :P

post #10273 of 14412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post

my A161P just fell off the table and hit the floor :\
doesnt seem like anything happened...but i was wondering
if balanced armatures are resistant to shock like dynamics?
please don't laugh at me :P

I'm kind or curious as to why you think dynamics are resistant to shock. I have no idea either way, unless you mean when more parts are involved, like crossovers possibly disconnecting, but that wouldn't affect the A161.

Anyway, interested in anyone's response.
post #10274 of 14412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitl View Post

my A161P just fell off the table and hit the floor :\

doesnt seem like anything happened...but i was wondering

if balanced armatures are resistant to shock like dynamics?

please don't laugh at me :P

Earbuds can break from hitting the floor?

post #10275 of 14412
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

Earbuds can break from hitting the floor?
Sarcasm?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added 08/21/14 p. 958)