Can you tell us more how DN-1000 sounds better than DBA02-MKII in term of bass & treble?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM50A In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/3/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11More
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
Multi-IEM Review - 319 IEMs compared (T-Peos D200R added 08/01/14 p. 947) - Page 825
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12362 of 1435212/18/13 at 1:40amQuote:Yes, definitely. Tighter, more detailed bass, clearer, colder mids and a more emphasized treble makes the DN-1000 a much better IEM IMO. To be fair it does cost almost twice as much.post #12363 of 1435212/18/13 at 9:23am
Gotcha. Well I've got the SM2 now and definitely don't want less bass; I'm after more aggressive upper mids and treble for rock/metal. Even without the filters they still sound unnatural with "real" music; you're right to compare them to the UM3X, I'd say they are basically the same but with a slightly more blended sound and bigger soundstage. Luckily I got them for $100 so I'm not too disappointed :P
I've been delaying a GR07 purchase for ages on principle due to their lack of replaceable cable...*whine* I refuse to give in though! I've heard rumors so I'm holding out.
Can't wait to hear your take on the InEar SD3, it's been tickling my fancy for some time.
Quote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
I would have a tough time labeling the SE535 as "fun". It doesn't have as much as the SM2, that's for sure. In general I think of "fun" as more of a v-shaped signature (think "rock" EQ present) which in this is case is closest to the GR07 (or better yet GR07 BE). The SM2 has a warmer sound with more relaxed upper mids. Again, not really "fun" for me, personally at this stage - more of a UM3X competitor in the musician's monitor space.post #12364 of 1435212/18/13 at 11:00amThread StarterQuote:
Not sure of the rating for the DN-1000 yet. I like it quite a lot but its treble is not entirely smooth and can be a little excessive. For example it's more prone towards sibilance than the MA750. Different sound signatures, with the DN-1000 being more v-shaped.Quote:
It's a very good earphone. I prefer the less bassy SD-2, though. Reviews should be up soon.post #12365 of 1435212/18/13 at 7:19pmpost #12366 of 1435212/18/13 at 7:29pmpost #12367 of 1435212/18/13 at 10:26pmQuote:
Why do you want a tighter bass on something thay already has tight bass? Comply tips soften the sound but they don't tighten the bass.post #12368 of 1435212/18/13 at 10:30pmQuote:
I like Shure Olive tips, they take away just a bit of the bright edge without effecting the overall sound as much as Complys - plus they're more durable and more comfortable. Don't know what you mean about the bass, it's very tight already.post #12369 of 1435212/19/13 at 4:29amQuote:Sorry I misunderstood the bass in DBA02-MKII. It is tight.
Does the Shure Olive tip fit well on the nozzle of DBA02-MKII ?
Does it make the bass more punchy and deeper?post #12370 of 1435212/19/13 at 4:41am
I don't think foam tips make the bass deeper and more punchy. From my experience single flange silicone tips (this is a VERY diverse category) tend to give the punchiest and deepest bass. But I haven't used any olives, just comply and vsonic foams. I did however love comply tips on my R-50 because they do add some kind of texture to the bass. Like the soft reverberations of a finger plucked bass guitar. You can almost see the string vibrate.post #12371 of 1435212/19/13 at 7:15amQuote:Originally Posted by MoonYeol
I don't think foam tips make the bass deeper and more punchy. From my experience single flange silicone tips (this is a VERY diverse category) tend to give the punchiest and deepest bass. But I haven't used any olives, just comply and vsonic foams. I did however love comply tips on my R-50 because they do add some kind of texture to the bass. Like the soft reverberations of a finger plucked bass guitar. You can almost see the string vibrate.
After changing to Shure's olive tip, I found it cuts down a bit of brightness of the original sound of DBA02-MKII.
I feel DBA02-MKII is no so good for song that emphasize heavy bass like dance/rock music. :(post #12372 of 1435212/19/13 at 8:48amThread StarterQuote:
Don't have one at this time. Maybe (hopefully) next year, especially if ATH decides to release these in the US...post #12373 of 1435212/19/13 at 10:10am
Hi joker, thanx to you i bought mh1c 6 months back. they are awesome but have terrible fitting and cord. they just keep falling when on the move. so im thinking of buying another sets better sounding than these. I listen to almost all types of genres, more of hip hop, edm , classic rock. IMHO amount of bass on the mh1c should be the minimum for the iem, i cant comment on the quality.
Please suggest me good iem. my budget max 150 usd. My choices till now- Westone 3 , vsonic gr07be, vsonic vc1000, vsonic vsd1s, jvc fxt90, yamaha eph100.. Any help is appreciated by anyone.post #12374 of 1435212/19/13 at 10:21ampost #12375 of 1435212/19/13 at 10:24amQuote:
Yeah, that would help. Thanks anyway man!
Edited by DerGeldMann - 12/19/13 at 10:25amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 319 IEMs compared (T-Peos D200R added 08/01/14 p. 947)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 33 seconds ago
- › [Review] Tralucent Audio: Ref 1 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 319 IEMs compared (T-Peos D200R added 08/01/14... 5 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)