Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936) - Page 620

post #9286 of 14099

Ha, oh actually I just noticed changing it from "normal" view to "list" view lets me sort it, cool.

post #9287 of 14099
Quote:
Originally Posted by christobit View Post

Hi Joker,

 

Interested to hear your views on comparison of the bass of DBA-O2 Mk2 vs RE-271. I know that you prefer the mids and highs of the RE-271 and I am tempted in tha direction, as I need another iem. However, not sure about the bass quantity on the 271. I like the bass on the DBA, its quantity is enough for me, and I like the punch and the quality. How do you rate the 271 against it. Many thanks..

 

The overall bass quantity is somewhat similar but the bass is presented differently - the RE272 generally sounds slightly softer and fuller of note. Its bass is not as punchy as that of the mkII but it decays more naturally. The mkII is punchy and quick, as is the case with most TWFK-based earphones, and that immediacy is what's lacking in the 272.

 

Thank you Joker.  Another one..how do you compare the GR-01 against both the above.  Thanks

post #9288 of 14099

You guys are gonna be awe struck about the CES for Meelec today. Lovin' the new models of IEMs/OEMs they have. I'll post them later today. :)

 

I'll post other companies new releases such as Beyerdynamic, Ultrasone, Sony and Sennheiser. ;)


Edited by Niyologist - 1/7/13 at 9:18pm
post #9289 of 14099
MEElec's expansion has been very interesting to watch.
post #9290 of 14099
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alterndog View Post

Hey |Joker|,

 

I'm mainly writing to say thank you very much for the reviews. They have definitely helped me along the way. Just got the RE-262 today ($99!!) and am loving Paul Simon's Graceland on them from my computer. Unfortunately from my 4S/E5 amp they don't sound as good. I know the 262's need more power then normal and was wondering if the E11 would be a good amp to pair with them and the 4s? Budget is $60 minus. Thanks!
 

 

I'm not an iPhone user so I can't comment on how anything pairs with it - you may be better off asking in the RE262 thread. $99 for the earphones is a great deal, though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotsEatCookie View Post

Hi ljokerl,

 

I am looking for a custom which can compliment the custom JH16 Pro Freqphase or Rooth LS8+, because I wish to be listening for a similar sound signature on the go without attracting attention. Here's a bit more info on what I'm looking for:

 

-Usage: I will be using these for a long time, so I hope they can last a while. I will be using them on the go, so I don't want them to be too "flashy" or attracting attention. I also want it easily driven by lightweight, portable sources (no amp). I also use them for performing (I play alto sax in concert and marching band). When not on the go I often watch videos, play video games, watch movies, call and conference, and play audio related media on my computer. Sometimes I sleep with them on.

 

-Song Genres: I listen to pop and DJ (popular songs), rap, electronic (trance, techno, house, synth pop), soundtracks and instrumental, jazz, classical, song remixes and parodies, and rock most often. Majority of my songs are modern (2000 and newer), but I do listen to jazz and classical music and sometimes poorly recorded songs/audio.

 

-Bass: The majority of the music I listen to is bass inclined, so I enjoy listening to bass that is good quality and a fair amount of quantity, but I do want a bit of mid-bass over low-bass (not too much though).

 

-Mids: As for the mids, vocals and instruments also play a large role in my music selection. I'm looking for smooth, lush, clear, detailed, and imaging mids. I do not want the mids to be laid back or forward but presented more naturally.

 

-Treble: For treble, I like a smooth, crisp, and sparkly presentation with good clarity, but not extended treble to the point it becomes fatiguing or creating treble spikes. 

 

-Presentation: I wish for the overall presentation to be clear, detailed, natural, realistic, 3D and imaging, punchy, transparent, balanced, and have a wide soundstage. However, most importantly, I would like it to be musically fun to listen to and to "be true to the recording".

 

Thanks!

 

I can't suggest a compliment to two earphones I've never heard, especially considering I only have one custom in that price range. Also, unless you had your customs coated with gold and diamonds, I don't see how another will attract less attention. All of my customs are plain and I've never been bothered by anyone when they are in my ears tongue.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by christobit View Post

Thank you Joker.  Another one..how do you compare the GR-01 against both the above.  Thanks


The GR01 is pretty similar to the mkII, a little less mid-bass punch and not as short decay but still very close. 

post #9291 of 14099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

I can't suggest a compliment to two earphones I've never heard, especially considering I only have one custom in that price range. Also, unless you had your customs coated with gold and diamonds, I don't see how another will attract less attention. All of my customs are plain and I've never been bothered by anyone when they are in my ears tongue.gif

 

I meant a universal model. Can you name a universal model (or a few) that matches my requirements? Thanks!

post #9292 of 14099

The M-Duo Dual Dynamic Earphones, EDM Universe Full Size Headphones, X6 Bluetooth Headphones and Air-Fi RUNAWAY Bluetooth Headphones were all announced today from Meelectronics. 

post #9293 of 14099

From Meelectronics on FB:

 

M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones:

 It has two dynamic drivers - a 9mm woofer and a 5mm midrange/tweeter - and a crossover like you would find on a multi-armature earphone.

post #9294 of 14099

Also there's the EDM Universe Earphones. 

post #9295 of 14099

Here's a link: 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578118/meelectronics-appreciation-fan-thread/270#post_9033940

 

Enjoy! :D

post #9296 of 14099

Joker, have you already heard the Astrotec AX7 and/or in the same price range the T-Peos H-100

and if so what do you think of them in comparison to the vsonic GR07 and the Rockit R-50.

Also are you planning a review of the Astrotec and/or the T-Peos?


Edited by ACST - 1/8/13 at 12:18pm
post #9297 of 14099

Joker, how about reviewing the Panasonic RP-HJE355 IEM? I was just comparing it again to the JVC HA-FX40. Both are around $20. Imo the RP-HJE355 has a much better midrange, and more natural sound overall. The RP-HJE355 seems to be ignored by many, however imo it is an even better value than the JVC HA-FX40.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622091/review-of-soundmagic-es10-es18-creative-ep600-cowon-ce1-jbl-tempo-in-ear-review-of-philips-she-3590-feat-the-she-3580-rp-hj3-120-and-panasonic-rp-hje355-and-more


Edited by JK1 - 1/8/13 at 2:48pm
post #9298 of 14099

I believe I have decided on my $150 ish Dynamic headphone (GR07 BE) but would like some opinions on my flagship (at least for me) BA. Looking to spend at most $350 and am currently considering the DBA-02, BA200 and SM3. For those that don't already know I am a rock and roll junkie (80 hair bands, Metal (but mine are like megadeath etc.) and current rock like Buckcherry, Seather, Theory of a dead man, The Pretty reckless etc. Bass lite is not my thing but slabby subs are not me either. Like my bass deep and punchy, mids are lush but detailed and crisp highs. no veil on the vocals and upper range. Wide sound stage but recessed is not one of the things I like. Don't worry about suggesting something that might be little light on the Bass becuase my GR07 BE will probably fit the bill when the need hits. Thanks in advance - man this is fun.

post #9299 of 14099
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotsEatCookie View Post

 

I meant a universal model. Can you name a universal model (or a few) that matches my requirements? Thanks!

 

Those are not really requirements, more of a laundry list of desirable traits. I'm sure that none of the universals I've heard hit all of those. The K3003 may be the closes match minus the lush mids and some potential for listening fatigue. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACST View Post

Joker, have you already heard the Astrotec AX7 and/or in the same price range the T-Peos H-100

and if so what do you think of them in comparison to the vsonic GR07 and the Rockit R-50.

Also are you planning a review of the Astrotec and/or the T-Peos?

 

I haven't heard either of those and have no plans to at this time.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1 View Post

Joker, how about reviewing the Panasonic RP-HJE355 IEM? I was just comparing it again to the JVC HA-FX40. Both are around $20. Imo the RP-HJE355 has a much better midrange, and more natural sound overall. The RP-HJE355 seems to be ignored by many, however imo it is an even better value than the JVC HA-FX40.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/622091/review-of-soundmagic-es10-es18-creative-ep600-cowon-ce1-jbl-tempo-in-ear-review-of-philips-she-3590-feat-the-she-3580-rp-hj3-120-and-panasonic-rp-hje355-and-more

 

I believe this has been asked before. I have no plans to review these at this time. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocoolhifi View Post

I believe I have decided on my $150 ish Dynamic headphone (GR07 BE) but would like some opinions on my flagship (at least for me) BA. Looking to spend at most $350 and am currently considering the DBA-02, BA200 and SM3. For those that don't already know I am a rock and roll junkie (80 hair bands, Metal (but mine are like megadeath etc.) and current rock like Buckcherry, Seather, Theory of a dead man, The Pretty reckless etc. Bass lite is not my thing but slabby subs are not me either. Like my bass deep and punchy, mids are lush but detailed and crisp highs. no veil on the vocals and upper range. Wide sound stage but recessed is not one of the things I like. Don't worry about suggesting something that might be little light on the Bass becuase my GR07 BE will probably fit the bill when the need hits. Thanks in advance - man this is fun.

 

I would try that GR07 first - you may be surprised by how competitive it is with higher-end products. Trying the GR07 will also give you a better idea of what you are looking for in your ideal earphone as the SM3 and DBA-02, both of which you are considering, don't sound anything alike. 

post #9300 of 14099

New here.

 

Is there a queue in which IEMs are reviewed? I would really love if someone can review the Klipsch Image X7 / X7i. I bought a pair for $99 (retails $150+ normally?) here in Canada. It was the lowest price anywhere I could find.

 

They sound great but I would love to see where they stand compared to other IEMs. 

 

Here's the product link: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/klipsch-klipsch-image-x7i-in-ear-headphones-black-imagex7ib/10218496.aspx?path=2fa5cb823051c1bc0289be5f378ec163en02

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)