Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936) - Page 937

post #14041 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by deco cat View Post

From VSD3 thread in this forum:


confused_face(1).gif  

Well its posted a year ago based on Vsonic's announcements whatsoever......but its like VSD3/3S are both tuned to 4R'ish sound with VSD3 tuned w/more emphasis on bass,just like GR07-BE....And they are 535 Shell'ish with MMCX removable icables.....
post #14042 of 14113

Hi, I'm thinking of buying either:

- VSonic GR02 Bass Edition

- VSonic GR99

- Steelseries Flux in-ear

 

Which one will you recommend ?
For comparison, I like the rather V-shaped Soundmagic E10 with impactful bass (but no bloat).   The strong punchy bass of E10 makes the sound more alive, at least for me.   So, I'm looking for another IEM with similar character.

From the review, it's not clear whether GR02-BE  & Flux in Ear has the same impactful Low in comparison to E10.

If I understand correctly, GR99 can match E10, while GR02-BE is less bassy then GR99.

Question is how much less bassy is GR02-BE & Flux in-Ear  (to GR99 & E10) ?

If I like the bass in E10, will I be dissapointed with GR02-BE  or Flux ?

Is the Flux v-shaped like GR02-BE or E10 ?

 

On a scale of 10-100%  with E10's bass considered taking 100% power, how will you rate GR02-BE & Flux-in-Ear ?

Thanks

post #14043 of 14113

Hey joker, any plans to review the Altone200? Cheers

post #14044 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serville View Post
 

Hi, I'm thinking of buying either:

- VSonic GR02 Bass Edition

- VSonic GR99

- Steelseries Flux in-ear

 

Which one will you recommend ?
For comparison, I like the rather V-shaped Soundmagic E10 with impactful bass (but no bloat).   The strong punchy bass of E10 makes the sound more alive, at least for me.   So, I'm looking for another IEM with similar character.

From the review, it's not clear whether GR02-BE  & Flux in Ear has the same impactful Low in comparison to E10.

If I understand correctly, GR99 can match E10, while GR02-BE is less bassy then GR99.

Question is how much less bassy is GR02-BE & Flux in-Ear  (to GR99 & E10) ?

If I like the bass in E10, will I be dissapointed with GR02-BE  or Flux ?

Is the Flux v-shaped like GR02-BE or E10 ?

 

On a scale of 10-100%  with E10's bass considered taking 100% power, how will you rate GR02-BE & Flux-in-Ear ?

Thanks

I've never heard the E10's bass, but the VSD1 and VSD3 series are both generally seen as much better than the two Vsonics you've mentioned. I'd look at those along with the Flux, rather than the other two. 

post #14045 of 14113
Hiya. How do the RHA MA750 and Dunu DN1000 compare to the Vsd1 soundwise?
post #14046 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serville View Post
 

Hi, I'm thinking of buying either:

- VSonic GR02 Bass Edition

- VSonic GR99

- Steelseries Flux in-ear

 

Which one will you recommend ?
For comparison, I like the rather V-shaped Soundmagic E10 with impactful bass (but no bloat).   The strong punchy bass of E10 makes the sound more alive, at least for me.   So, I'm looking for another IEM with similar character.

From the review, it's not clear whether GR02-BE  & Flux in Ear has the same impactful Low in comparison to E10.

If I understand correctly, GR99 can match E10, while GR02-BE is less bassy then GR99.

Question is how much less bassy is GR02-BE & Flux in-Ear  (to GR99 & E10) ?

If I like the bass in E10, will I be dissapointed with GR02-BE  or Flux ?

Is the Flux v-shaped like GR02-BE or E10 ?

 

On a scale of 10-100%  with E10's bass considered taking 100% power, how will you rate GR02-BE & Flux-in-Ear ?

Thanks

 

    if you enjoy V-shaped sound , ckx-5 and yes the vsonic vsd1 can be youe answer , vsd1 has plenty of bass , ckx has a hair less . both are nice sounding and a step up from e10 , but i think you should go for vsd1 .

post #14047 of 14113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post
 

is the brainwavz s5 inbound ?

 

Nope... I haven't gotten around to reviewing Braniwavz' 2 previous releases yet. They're sitting on  a shelf somewhere. I really like the sound of the R3, just hard to wear it properly.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deco cat View Post
 

 

From VSD3 thread in this forum:

 

 

:confused_face(1): 

 

I'll just judge for myself. I do expect that the VSD3 and VSD3S will sound similar with very minor details setting them apart.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serville View Post
 

Hi, I'm thinking of buying either:

- VSonic GR02 Bass Edition

- VSonic GR99

- Steelseries Flux in-ear

 

Which one will you recommend ?
For comparison, I like the rather V-shaped Soundmagic E10 with impactful bass (but no bloat).   The strong punchy bass of E10 makes the sound more alive, at least for me.   So, I'm looking for another IEM with similar character.

From the review, it's not clear whether GR02-BE  & Flux in Ear has the same impactful Low in comparison to E10.

If I understand correctly, GR99 can match E10, while GR02-BE is less bassy then GR99.

Question is how much less bassy is GR02-BE & Flux in-Ear  (to GR99 & E10) ?

If I like the bass in E10, will I be dissapointed with GR02-BE  or Flux ?

Is the Flux v-shaped like GR02-BE or E10 ?

 

On a scale of 10-100%  with E10's bass considered taking 100% power, how will you rate GR02-BE & Flux-in-Ear ?

Thanks

 

The GR02 BE has more bass than the E10. The GR99 is discontinued as far as I know and both the GR02 and GR99 are hard to recommend over VSonic's newer VSD1/VSD1S models. The Flux has less of a bass lift but better extension than the E10. If you want bass punch greater than or equal to the E10, don't get the Flux - it's probably too balanced for you. Get the VSD1 if you don't mind having more treble, or maybe the T-Peos D200R if you'd rather have a less v-shaped sound but still retain strong bass.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Hey joker, any plans to review the Altone200? Cheers

 

I should be able to get my hands on it in the near future.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtron2112 View Post

Hiya. How do the RHA MA750 and Dunu DN1000 compare to the Vsd1 soundwise?

 

Depends on what you're after.. the MA750 is warmer and bassier, with smoother mid/upper treble and more veiled mids. The DN-1000 is clearer and brighter, but also has better deep bass. 

post #14048 of 14113
How well do the MA750s handle faster and/more complex tracks compared to vsd1? (See my past posts to check my music tastes)
Edited by Xtron2112 - 7/8/14 at 11:02pm
post #14049 of 14113
Hey Joker. Any plans to review the New Victor JVC FX850? Would be interesting to see you do a pit-off against FX700/Fitears TG334/Sennheiser IE800 and K3003!
post #14050 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post
 

 

    if you enjoy V-shaped sound , ckx-5 and yes the vsonic vsd1 can be youe answer , vsd1 has plenty of bass , ckx has a hair less . both are nice sounding and a step up from e10 , but i think you should go for vsd1 .

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

The GR02 BE has more bass than the E10. The GR99 is discontinued as far as I know and both the GR02 and GR99 are hard to recommend over VSonic's newer VSD1/VSD1S models. The Flux has less of a bass lift but better extension than the E10. If you want bass punch greater than or equal to the E10, don't get the Flux - it's probably too balanced for you. Get the VSD1 if you don't mind having more treble, or maybe the T-Peos D200R if you'd rather have a less v-shaped sound but still retain strong bass.

 

 

Thank you for the helpful answer.  After you mentioned about VSD1, I just realized that the price is hardly more expensive than GR02...only a few $ more which is totally fine with me. 

I read the user reviews & impressions about VSD1 here, and  it sounds more convincing that it's the right one for me.

I've been so tempted all this time to get VSonic because of their build quality reputation.  I love the cable better too than the Flux.

The flux looks good (simple design), but I'm not so crazy about the flat cable, which ....at least for me....a little too big & stylish.  Looks more like I'm wearing a long string of linguini pasta on my ears.

I guess I'm a little bit too conventional  :tongue_smile:

I definitely go  with VSD1 now.  Been so excited with Vsonic, and now is the chance for me to satisfy my curiosity.  :L3000:

Thank you very much.

post #14051 of 14113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtron2112 View Post

How well do the MA750s handle faster and/more complex tracks compared to vsd1? (See my past posts to check my music tastes)

 

Not any better. As you would expect, the heavier bass is not ideal for that. If you want resolution, the DN-1000 is a better choice. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendric View Post

Hey Joker. Any plans to review the New Victor JVC FX850? Would be interesting to see you do a pit-off against FX700/Fitears TG334/Sennheiser IE800 and K3003!

 

No plans at this time. Don't have the FX700 anymore, anyway - it was a loan :o

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serville View Post
 

 

 

 

Thank you for the helpful answer.  After you mentioned about VSD1, I just realized that the price is hardly more expensive than GR02...only a few $ more which is totally fine with me. 

I read the user reviews & impressions about VSD1 here, and  it sounds more convincing that it's the right one for me.

I've been so tempted all this time to get VSonic because of their build quality reputation.  I love the cable better too than the Flux.

The flux looks good (simple design), but I'm not so crazy about the flat cable, which ....at least for me....a little too big & stylish.  Looks more like I'm wearing a long string of linguini pasta on my ears.

I guess I'm a little bit too conventional  :tongue_smile:

I definitely go  with VSD1 now.  Been so excited with Vsonic, and now is the chance for me to satisfy my curiosity.  :L3000:

Thank you very much.

 

To be fair to the Flux, it is much less gaudy than most other flat-cabled earphones out there - the cable is fairly thin and flat black in color. I do think the VSD1 is a better option for you, though. VSonic all but made their older budget earphones obsolete with their latest couple of releases. 

post #14052 of 14113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serville View Post
 

 

 

 

Thank you for the helpful answer.  After you mentioned about VSD1, I just realized that the price is hardly more expensive than GR02...only a few $ more which is totally fine with me. 

I read the user reviews & impressions about VSD1 here, and  it sounds more convincing that it's the right one for me.

I've been so tempted all this time to get VSonic because of their build quality reputation.  I love the cable better too than the Flux.

The flux looks good (simple design), but I'm not so crazy about the flat cable, which ....at least for me....a little too big & stylish.  Looks more like I'm wearing a long string of linguini pasta on my ears.

I guess I'm a little bit too conventional  :tongue_smile:

I definitely go  with VSD1 now.  Been so excited with Vsonic, and now is the chance for me to satisfy my curiosity.  :L3000:

Thank you very much.

Just so you know, the VSD3 series has better soundstage, instrument separation, and a bit more detail than the VSD1. No one is sure yet how the VSD1 and VSD3's bass compares (we've only heard the VSD3S which has more neutral, but a bit deeper bass), since there aren't any VSD3 reviews yet, but its price is not that much more than the VSD1 if you would be willing to wait until Lend Me Ur Ears or some other asian retailer gets more in. If you can't wait though, the VSD1 will still be a very nice upgrade.

post #14053 of 14113
Between the MA750 and the DN1000, which one is more durable? I want to reduce the risk of them breaking like my vsd1.
post #14054 of 14113
I dunno guys, the MA750 seems to win out in every category but sound signature. My concern is that it might be a downgrade soundwise from my vsd1.
post #14055 of 14113

Hey guys,

Been on the market for some new IEMs for EDM music, mainly dnb, tech-house, psy, techno. I've made my research and I've narrowed down the list to Yamaha EPH-100 , shure se215, beyerdinamic DX 160ie and rha ma750. Maybe there are better options, sadly these are the only ones for which I could find recommendations for edm music. Perhaps you could help me choose one of these, not really sure which one would deliver the best sound. Thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)