Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936) - Page 880

post #13186 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

Yeah, that's an impressively low price. Don't know of any cheaper BAs except maybe the Knowles SR-based Altec Lansing ones when they're on sale. 

she 9850 was on sale here for $17 , i grabbed one .

post #13187 of 14151
Weren't you looking for a pair of the standard Samsung iems? I have a pair that came with my S3, I can send them your way, if you want.
post #13188 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post
 

she 9850 was on sale here for $17 , i grabbed one .

That's a nice iem - I liked it a lot and for 17 bucks it's a steal

post #13189 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

That's a nice iem - I liked it a lot and for 17 bucks it's a steal

I also quite enjoyed SHE9700, I went on a little obsession with them for a few days. Like anything head-fi related though it was short lived.
post #13190 of 14151

Hey Joker. I agree with your take on the BA100. If you still have them, give a quick listen with a a few of your double flange tips pushed all the way down. The right one can take them up a notch.

post #13191 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I also quite enjoyed SHE9700, I went on a little obsession with them for a few days. Like anything head-fi related though it was short lived.

Well, I honestly enjoyed the she9850 for quite a long period and I had a lot more expensive iems at the time. It was my gym iem for close to a year and the only reason I still don't own it is because I lent it to a friend and he lost it as usual. Anyway, she9850 is a pretty decent single BA iem - mid-centric, warm and sweet sounding with a bit of the shure house sound to it. It does lack some extension on both ends, especially the treble, which rolls off early and makes the sound slightly dark and low on sparkle but I would buy it any day of the week for 17 bucks.

post #13192 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, I honestly enjoyed the she9850 for quite a long period and I had a lot more expensive iems at the time. It was my gym iem for close to a year and the only reason I still don't own it is because I lent it to a friend and he lost it as usual. Anyway, she9850 is a pretty decent single BA iem - mid-centric, warm and sweet sounding with a bit of the shure house sound to it. It does lack some extension on both ends, especially the treble, which rolls off early and makes the sound slightly dark and low on sparkle but I would buy it any day of the week for 17 bucks.

 

      exactly , bass is nice , everything is fine but its just not refined , the ue 600 is more refined . better then pl50 though . comes with a nice carry pouch , cable is s a bit noisy though and it comes with a cable clip . these are my two .

post #13193 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post
 

 

      exactly , bass is nice , everything is fine but its just not refined , the ue 600 is more refined . better then pl50 though . comes with a nice carry pouch , cable is s a bit noisy though and it comes with a cable clip . these are my two .

I remember mine came with a metal slide case and also comply t100 was included in the package 

Definitely preferred the sound with comply tips or shure olives.

post #13194 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

I remember mine came with a metal slide case and also comply t100 was included in the package 

Definitely preferred the sound with comply tips or shure olives.


i use olivers , you can see them on my " being used one " , i love them with comply . and yeah , i would have loved that metal case .

post #13195 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post
 

 

I don't understand, are you saying the BA100 is better than the q-JAYS? I did note that the BA100 was harsh/edgy at the top and I really don't think it's nearly as good as a q-JAYS.

 

I used the BA100 with generic single-flanges on the outer notch with several sources including the HM-901 with IEM card and Minibox card (my favorite).

 oops misread your review.To me the Qjays was way way better.  

Have not compared them to other BA iem.

post #13196 of 14151

I know it's a big ask, but does anyone know of an IEM that compnd quallity competes with the STAX SR-009 sound quality wise, or have we yet to advance that far with BA drivers? Obviously soundstage will not be fair to compare, so excluding this, what IEMs out there come close to the SR-009 or possibly even best it?

post #13197 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post
 

I know it's a big ask, but does anyone know of an IEM that compnd quallity competes with the STAX SR-009 sound quality wise, or have we yet to advance that far with BA drivers? Obviously soundstage will not be fair to compare, so excluding this, what IEMs out there come close to the SR-009 or possibly even best it?

I think the short answer is going to be no, however this is something that should be expected due to the inherent limitations of IEMs.  That doesn't mean there aren't some phenomenal sounding IEMs out there that best full sized headphones, nor does it meant that the SR-009 is the best sounding headphone in existence (subjective opinions will greatly differ from person to person).  A good place to start reading into this would be David Mahler's 'Battle of the Flagships' thread, where he discusses current and former flagship headphones and IEMs and pits them against one another:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13

 

The general consensus is that his impressions are relatively spot on, and I would say that is so for the most part for those on the list I've gotten to try.  There are a few that aren't technically flagships, so those are an additional point of reference.

post #13198 of 14151
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post

Are two pin connectors durable or is an mmcx connector preferable? I am concerned that they don't have a locking mechanism and may detach with sudden movement, I am not fond if the Roxanne's proprietary connector as it is harder to get aftermarket cables, if there are any. What are your thoughts?

 

I haven't had a problem with either type of connector except for the very early Shure units that had defective MMCX F-connectors. I've had both types detach under stress, which is better than if they didn't detach and the cable snapped instead. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post

Weren't you looking for a pair of the standard Samsung iems? I have a pair that came with my S3, I can send them your way, if you want.

 

If those are the white ones that Samsung also sells separately I wanted to give them a quick listen, yes ;).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

Hey Joker. I agree with your take on the BA100. If you still have them, give a quick listen with a a few of your double flange tips pushed all the way down. The right one can take them up a notch.

 

That works for me to but not really better than the singles. I think the nozzle ending being so near the outlet of the bi-flanges doesn't work well with my ear canals. Maybe I'm trying to insert them too far..

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post
 

I know it's a big ask, but does anyone know of an IEM that compnd quallity competes with the STAX SR-009 sound quality wise, or have we yet to advance that far with BA drivers? Obviously soundstage will not be fair to compare, so excluding this, what IEMs out there come close to the SR-009 or possibly even best it?

 

I wish. Even the Stax IEMs sound pretty lackluster next to the SR-009.

post #13199 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post

Weren't you looking for a pair of the standard Samsung iems? I have a pair that came with my S3, I can send them your way, if you want.

"If those are the white ones that Samsung also sells separately I wanted to give them a quick listen, yes wink.gif"


I think I still have your address, I'll send them off next week.
post #13200 of 14151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post
 

I know it's a big ask, but does anyone know of an IEM that compnd quallity competes with the STAX SR-009 sound quality wise, or have we yet to advance that far with BA drivers? Obviously soundstage will not be fair to compare, so excluding this, what IEMs out there come close to the SR-009 or possibly even best it?

 

Like the others said, No. 

 

But the Tralucent 1plus2 somewhat approximates the overall character of the SR-009. The Stax obviously transcends, but see if you can demo the 1plus2.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p. 936)